What's new

Question - Reptile What's your favorite Reptile variation so far?

Favorite Reptile variation so far?

• Deceptive

• Noxious

• Nimble

• Deceptive and Noxious equally

• Deceptive and Nimble equally

• Noxious and Nimble equally

• None in particular

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
A little discussion for us future BF2ers. From what NRS has shown so far, I'm loving how his variations don't seem very different from each other since they only add a bit of spice instead of completely changing his game plan. As said in the Kombat Kast, if you figure out his main BnB, you're most likely using that same one for all variations. Of course with Noxious you'll probably want to do some Grundy-esque close-quarter combos in order to maximize the Damage Over Time effect and with Nimble some Flash Jimming going on or something.

Whatever the case may really be when the game comes out, I'm excited to try out all 3 with Noxious being possibly my main variation.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I gotta say nimble and noxious are both looking to have loads of uses, and I can't really choose from the two right now lol.

I think the noxious variation is the most interesting one I've seen so far.
So I wonder, if a character with no projectiles had 1% health, would he have to just accept death?

JDM

Noob
Nimble most definitely. Gonna mess with all of them, but Deceptive is pretty trash except for gimmicks imo.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Gonna go with Deceptive.

-I love damage buffs.
-Invisibility is free 50/50s, especially with his long reaching hopping overhead, long reaching slide, and long reach dash attack. A free throw or two if you're lazy, and easy punishes for people who try to guess wether or not you're going to or are attacking. Shit, you can throw out a slow force ball, or just freeze a force ball in front of your enemy and fuck them over even more with mind games.
-That costume looks dramatically cooler without a mask.
-Invisibility is fucking cool.
-mind gaaaaames.

It's not like MK9 where you actually needed valuable, valuable meter to actually go truly invisible. You can just pop it and go to town without any worries now.

Last edited:
Gonna go with Deceptive.

-I love damage buffs.
-Invisibility is free 50/50s, especially with his long reaching hopping overhead, long reaching slide, and long reach dash attack. A free throw or too if you're lazy, and easy punishes for people who try to guess wether or not you're going to or are attacking. Shit, you can throw out a slow force ball, or just freeze a force ball in front of your enemy and fuck them over even more with mind games.
-That costume looks dramatically cooler without a mask.
-Invisibility is fucking cool.
-mind gaaaaames.

It's not like MK9 where you actually needed valuable, valuable meter to actually go truly invisible. You can just pop it and go to town without any worries now.
People are underestimating it

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
nimble..........cause you know................................................................. flash players :REO

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I like the look of Noxious. I probably won't use him, but I can imagine some dirty slow-stand set-ups using the beefy gas and acid puddle.

I think Reptile mains should be glad that his core is the majority of the character. I don't understand the complaints that all 3 of his variations have so many special moves. You also have 3 distinct variations that you can pull out whenever your MU requires it.

Noxious is like the perfect default variation in my opinion. No downside at all, just free damage. People for some reason are like, It's only good when I need to chip them out, not realizing the extra 10-20% damage their opponent has taken throughout the match. Noxious also has big implications for the life lead. In situations where Reptile is at like 40% and the opponent is at like 10% it will be very daunting to the opponent knowing that while they are combo'ing Reptile they are getting so close to just being chipped out.

Not to mention you still can switch to invisibility when you feel you need to shenanigan your way to victory, or the slow variation if you want shenanigans or damage.

I think Reptile mains should be glad that his core is the majority of the character. I don't understand the complaints that all 3 of his variations have so many special moves. You also have 3 distinct variations that you can pull out whenever your MU requires it.

Noxious is like the perfect default variation in my opinion. No downside at all, just free damage. People for some reason are like, It's only good when I need to chip them out, not realizing the extra 10-20% damage their opponent has taken throughout the match. Noxious also has big implications for the life lead. In situations where Reptile is at like 40% and the opponent is at like 10% it will be very daunting to the opponent knowing that while they are combo'ing Reptile they are getting so close to just being chipped out.

Not to mention you still can switch to invisibility when you feel you need to shenanigan your way to victory, or the slow variation if you want shenanigans or damage.

Noxious will range from convenient and safe to op as invis and flash trait are huge ? Marks. I'm wondering how much a grab will do in that shit... And we all know mk9 reptile was godlike as a grab charcter and knockdown machine. It could be a nightmare

They seem to not understand how ridiculous the ability to become entirely invisible with extra damage for zero meter is in a fighting game, a type of game that is almost entirely dependent on proper reactions.
I understand fine.

I'm also aware that the damage boost may still cost meter, and even if it doesn't, you need space to activate the skill. At that point I could A. be buffing the already evil damage noxious form does or B. be doing mid combo flash bullshit. No doubt deceptive's skill will be ok, but in comparison to what it's up against? Not seeing it.

It'd make sense if he was missing a skill or something that only came with deceptive but given that the only trade off is "pick one of these 3 moves that get better/activate either mid combo or once you make space" it's clearly the weakest, and arguably, the least interesting.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

I guess I'm missing out something. There are those complaining about Reptile? I might be one of his downplayers in MK9 but I have to say, he looks solid if not purty good so far.

I guess I'm missing out something. There are those complaining about Reptile? I might be one of his downplayers in MK9 but I have to say, he looks solid if not purty good so far.
Maybe people aren't arguing he is weak I might be wrong on that. Maybe they are arguing that his variations are boring. They seem different enough to me to be interesting. Like I am going to have to at least have some practice against an invisible Reptile because that has a property that is so different even if that variation happens to be weak, but I don't think any of his variations are weak at all. I am very worried about playing against Reptile.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I understand fine.

I'm also aware that the damage boost may still cost meter, and even if it doesn't, you need space to activate the skill. At that point I could A. be buffing the already evil damage noxious form does or B. be doing mid combo flash bullshit. No doubt deceptive's skill will be ok, but in comparison to what it's up against? Not seeing it.

It'd make sense if he was missing a skill or something that only came with deceptive but given that the only trade off is "pick one of these 3 moves that get better/activate either mid combo or once you make space" it's clearly the weakest, and arguably, the least interesting.

Nowhere in my post did I say it was better than his other two variations or compare it to either of them.

What's makes you think I was even addressing you anyway? I was talking about the people who think it's useless for some reason when it clearly has it's uses and is a solid variation.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
To be honest i like all 3 variations.
Im fine that he doesnt get multiple different moves in different variations like other characters.
Theres no need for that. He looks really good and solid so it makes sense to let him in core intact and change just his gimmick trait.
But yeah its kinda boring compared to other characters i agree.
My favourite is maybe Noxious. Also really like Deceptive just for shit and giggles being invisible all the time.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Noxious and Nimble. Noxious will be very good against non-zoners. And Nimble... it just sounds very interesting. His variations look decent so far.

Nowhere in my post did I say it was better than his other two variations or compare it to either of them.

What's makes you think I was even addressing you anyway? I was talking about the people who think it's useless for some reason when it clearly has it's uses and is a solid variation.
I do think it's useless. I think that as it stands, unless there's something i've missed, I've seen nothing that indicates this variation will be picked competitively outside of character loyalty or some such thing.

The rest of it was explaining why I feel it's useless since you think that it's just we don't understand things.