What's new

What's Your Favorite Horror Movie(s)?

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Evil Dead and Day of the Dead are probably the classics I end up going back to most. I always thought Day was a better installment than Dawn. I know. I'm fucking crazy.

aj1701

Noob
These aren't my favorites, but I don't see a point in repeating ones already mentioned. After a quick glance, here's some that I enjoyed that I didn't see listed so far.

The Blair Witch Project
Really? I didn't scare me, just gave me a headache, and left me disapointed. What did you like about it?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
"IT" has always been my all time favorite horror movie.

The newer horror movies are generally horrible, but some of them have legitimately scared me like "The Grudge", "The Village" and "Signs". With "The Village" and "Signs" coincidentally being the only two good M. Night movies aside from the "Sixth Sense". I also saw all of those in the theater, so that could have added to the experience of those films. I also like the "Jeepers Creepers" films, they just always were pretty creepy to me.

The Friday the 13th series is another favorite of mine. Hands down the most badass horror movie character imo, I really wish Jason would be put in MK9 just for me. They haven't ever really been scary to me, just really awesome and entertaining. The newest one was pretty lame, but "Freddy vs Jason" has to be my favorite of the newer ones.

NoDoubt

nasty
Most of thse movies dont scare me really but I enjoy watching them. Its too difficult these days to disturb anyone since so much has been done already

The Exorcist, Deranged, Silence of the Lambs (more thriller), The Grudge 1 and 2, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original version), The Blair Witch 2, Wicked (more thriller), Saw II, Drag Me To Hell

Bobzilla

Noob
Really? I didn't scare me, just gave me a headache, and left me disapointed. What did you like about it?
Well, I don't watch horror movies in order to be scared, 'cause none of them scare me. As for what I liked about it, I think the idea of the film being entirely found footage is pretty cool. That was the first time I saw that technique used and at that time it was rarely used. I think the story that they came up with for the three characters to make a documentary about was interesting and actually believable. Furthermore, I think they did a nice job of slowly building up the suspense until the final moment, and they were able to have the mood and tension escalate in a rather continuous fashion in the last 1/3 of the movie. Too often in horror movies in my opinion, this doesn't happen as the movement from one plot point to another seems to break the tension up a little. As for the ending, I thought it was a perfect way to end the movie.

aj1701

Noob
The newer horror movies are generally horrible, but some of them have legitimately scared me like "The Grudge", "The Village" and "Signs".
I agree with the Grudge, although I think the Ring was better. Did you see Insideous? That had a high creep factor.

Well, I don't watch horror movies in order to be scared, 'cause none of them scare me. As for what I liked about it, I think the idea of the film being entirely found footage is pretty cool. That was the first time I saw that technique used and at that time it was rarely used. I think the story that they came up with for the three characters to make a documentary about was interesting and actually believable. Furthermore, I think they did a nice job of slowly building up the suspense until the final moment, and they were able to have the mood and tension escalate in a rather continuous fashion in the last 1/3 of the movie. Too often in horror movies in my opinion, this doesn't happen as the movement from one plot point to another seems to break the tension up a little. As for the ending, I thought it was a perfect way to end the movie.

Fair enough, to each their own. Most horror movies don't scare me either, but there's been a few good one lately that have done that. Paranormal Activity 1/2, Insidious, Drag me to hell. Just left me with this creeped out feeling.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don't watch horror movies no more cause they don't scare me enough, but, man, was I scared Elm Street when I was a kid, damn, I used to dream about that dream child coming out of his mom, Freddy coming out of her and shit like that.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Halloween, epic series. Without Michael, there is no Jason.

Child's Play, who can hate Chucky? lol

I like watching scary movies to get scared but few actually do. Movies that have actually scared me though The Ring, Signs, and The Grudge sheesh.

MKF30

Saw the Ring recently actually, creepy movie.

Signs was so dumb...lol, water killing the aliens, I just thought the whole concept was silly.

You guys ever want to see a MESSED up movie watch I spit on your grave and movie called Splice.

MKF30

Feast? Never heard of it lol but sounds messed up haha.

Yeah, Splice surprised me too. Like, wtf...the sex scenes I didn't expect lol

Ever see Hostel?

aj1701

Noob
Feast? Never heard of it lol but sounds messed up haha.

Ever see Hostel?
There's a few "sex" scenes in Feast that are more messed up than the one in Splice, lol.

I'm trying to forget Hostel. Holy hell that was graphic. Sometimes I hate having surround sound...

MKF30

There's a few "sex" scenes in Feast that are more messed up than the one in Splice, lol.

I'm trying to forget Hostel. Holy hell that was graphic. Sometimes I hate having surround sound...
lol, sounds like Hostel disturbed you :p Hostel 2 reminded me of I Spit on your grave with that part where the chick cut off the guys winky...

I want to see movie called Wolfcreek, heard that's just warped. I saw a clip, this weirdo dude with a messed up face, strapped a girl to a chair and was clipping her fingers off one by one lol.

Oh neat lol, I like messed up movies! I am a fan of MK afterall so lol the gore don't bother me as much as it used to.

Now I must check out Feast :)

aj1701

Noob
lol, sounds like Hostel disturbed you :p
Now I must check out Feast :)
It did, very much so, lol. Graphic movies like that get to me. Not just the visuals, but the sound effects also have an impact. Its fucked up, but my mind works overtime sometimes, and I get stuck imaging what it must feel like to be going through that, and I can't get it out of my head. I end up really light headed and feeling sick. Only a few movies have done that, Hostel at home (which is unusual), Event Horizon when I was in the theater and another I don't recall (27 weeks later maybe?).

Feast isn't quite that graphic, but its really really fucked up lol. Like, "what the hell did I just see" in a couple of scenes.

Jeepers Creepers 2 is on SyFy now, if anyone likes that movie. Too bad its censored. :(

Saint

Noob
Excorcist scarred me the most man.

Most recent one that scared me quite a bit was REC, I got into it real good.

IT fucked up clowns for me, I saw it at such a young age for some reason, and just as I was forgetting about it and 'healing' my combat wounds I read about John Gacy lol

I will never trust a clown, ever

Saint

Noob
It did, very much so, lol. Graphic movies like that get to me. Not just the visuals, but the sound effects also have an impact. Its fucked up, but my mind works overtime sometimes, and I get stuck imaging what it must feel like to be going through that, and I can't get it out of my head. I end up really light headed and feeling sick. Only a few movies have done that, Hostel at home (which is unusual), Event Horizon when I was in the theater and another I don't recall (27 weeks later maybe?).

Feast isn't quite that graphic, but its really really fucked up lol. Like, "what the hell did I just see" in a couple of scenes.

Jeepers Creepers 2 is on SyFy now, if anyone likes that movie. Too bad its censored. :(
I used to be the same bro, till I started watching Dr. 90210 for some reason, which was to begin with very hard to watch aswell but I got used to it really quick.

Now graphic movies don't disturb me

MKF30

The Exorcist is a classic, and to this day creeps me out and most horror movies don't. I'd rather see a gorefest, then shit like possession of a little girl...just messed up in a lot of ways, especially the part where she takes the cross and screws herself with it...that's just wrong.

Yeah, sounds can be creepy lol. Some of the Saw films are messed up but predictable, and Final Destination series reminds me more of MK fatalities lol...fucked up, gruesome and just like "wow" you know? lol

Telling ya though, if you want to really see a movie on par with those. See I Spit on Your Grave(both versions) There's a part where in both movies, she cuts off the guys winky, in one of them she ties the guy up and does it with gardening scissors and shoves it in his mouth lol