Does the Pony obsession creep you out?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • No it doesn't

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • I LOVE PONIES!

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
One of my friends is a bronie, and told me to watch the show. Watched 3 episodes but didn't really see anything spectacular about it. I could understand why someone would like the show, just not on that level.

Not knocking it though. Powerpuffgirls was one of my favorite childhood shows, and it had its adult humor. Not sure if LBP has any, like the example below. Surprised PPG doesn't have it's own following (could be because it would come of the wrong way lol)

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
I just enjoy the show. Idk why. I guess im able to relate to the characters or something like that. I somewhat relate the show to when i watched Power Puff Girls growing up. The show was good. Although somewhat girly. I still enjoyed the show. The same people who made PPG made MLP so it might be a slight nostalgic feeling. I have meet a mixture of people who like the show and like all fandoms there are the bad and the good. Thats something people have to understand. There is always an extreme end to something but then there are the people who do not go overboard in a bad way.

TLDR: FLUTTERSHY BEST PONY.

Yay!
You mispelled Twili- i mean dont mention best pony! Thats gonna make people wanna argue. I like it cause the characters are great, Lauren Faust makes great cartoons and this one was one of them, and its not iust random BS like in most cartoons today. Certain cartoons with random BS I can stand though. Also, Tara Strong is fine and godlike <3. I hope I get to meet her again.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
One of my friends is a bronie, and told me to watch the show. Watched 3 episodes but didn't really see anything spectacular about it. I could understand why someone would like the show, just not on that level.

Not knocking it though. Powerpuffgirls was one of my favorite childhood shows, and it had its adult humor. Not sure if LBP has any, like the example below. Surprised PPG doesn't have it's own following (could be because it would come of the wrong way lol)

They have some adult jokes and references. Only one I can remember off the top of my head was about the punched being "spiked".

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I think its similar to how kids who grew up in the 90's who watched Toonami also wached Sailor Moon b/c it was there with DBZ.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
It entertains me, and I've said before the reason that I like it so much.

I've made graphic art, a decorative piece, and contributed editorial and creative efforts to my friends' [LENGTHY] fanfiction.

Favorite is Vinyl Scratch because there is a literal music artist named... Vinyl Scratch. (S)He makes progressive, dubstep, house, etc. and you can find "her" on YouTube.

Zerg

Main: Rain
I feel like a lot of people are in "obsession denial". I enjoy the TV show "Lost", I also like Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, etc... But you don't see me creating fan art, fan fiction, videos, discussing the show on forums, etc.....

Maybe I'm not the type of person to get into things in that way. I've been playing MK since 1999, and I haven't created any art or videos about the game.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I feel like a lot of people are in "obsession denial". I enjoy the TV show "Lost", I also like Dexter, Breaking Bad, Sherlock, etc... But you don't see me creating fan art, fan fiction, videos, discussing the show on forums, etc.....

Maybe I'm not the type of person to get into things in that way. I've been playing MK since 1999, and I haven't created any art or videos about the game.
There's nothing wrong about drawing the characters of fighting games or anime shows at all, shit If I had the talent to do it I would.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Can someone please explain to me what is going on with this pony stuff. I looked it up and the show is called "My Little Pony". I watched part of an episode and it's just ponies running around... I don't get it. Is it like some kind of fantasy thing? All over the internet people have these ponies as profile pictures, they talk about them on forums, there are multiple videos about them on Youtube. It's freaking me out, and I know for a fact that most of these people are grown men.

If someone could please explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Basically the same person who made powerpuff girls, and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends got tasked with rebooted My Little Pony. The creators fans were curious so they checked out the show when it aired. To their surprise after seeing the first two episodes it was really good and the characters were pretty fun. Then odd stuff happened and folks started noticing things like background ponies being Dr. Who references and a lot of Star Wars/Star Trek reference stuff started popping up. It kept getting weird and some moments like Twilight and Pinkie in seperate episodes losing their minds complete and really good expression work made it this odd ball event people would just drag someone to see because...well...no one expected MLP to be like a normal ass cartoon.

Folks began supporting it as a cartoon and it bridged a lot of boundaries between demographics because it was genuinely entertaining compared to what that franchise always used to be. Hell, I got a BA in Animation and I'm genuinely impressed with just how far they've pushed flash using actual bone and bind 3d methods and rig systems on 2d symbol tween shapes. Damned impressive infrastructure was put into the show's animation to allow it to be fast and produceable at a high level of quality and variety.

Thats pretty much it. You like it or you dont. The fanbase, like any other, will have some super loud and vocal eccentrics that make it just fucking unbearable but thats everything these days from Dr. Who, to Sherlock, to videogames. Enjoy it for what it is dont judge it by its more eccentric fans. Those sorts of folks get creepy over whatever fanbase they latch onto anyways.

TBH some people are just more open/vocal about what they like. For example, I've become a big anime fan over the past year and a half, and I may not be as vocal about it/ open about it but if you were to check the tabs I have on my phone, over half the tabs I have open are animes I watch/ mangas I read #YEEAAPPP. Also I dnt mind those who like ponies, whatever floats your boat, everyone likes different things and some like some things more than others and etc.

Basically the same person who made powerpuff girls, and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends got tasked with rebooted My Little Pony. The creators fans were curious so they checked out the show when it aired. To their surprise after seeing the first two episodes it was really good and the characters were pretty fun. Then odd stuff happened and folks started noticing things like background ponies being Dr. Who references and a lot of Star Wars/Star Trek reference stuff started popping up. It kept getting weird and some moments like Twilight and Pinkie in seperate episodes losing their minds complete and really good expression work made it this odd ball event people would just drag someone to see because...well...no one expected MLP to be like a normal ass cartoon.

Folks began supporting it as a cartoon and it bridged a lot of boundaries between demographics because it was genuinely entertaining compared to what that franchise always used to be. Hell, I got a BA in Animation and I'm genuinely impressed with just how far they've pushed flash using actual bone and bind 3d methods and rig systems on 2d symbol tween shapes. Damned impressive infrastructure was put into the show's animation to allow it to be fast and produceable at a high level of quality and variety.

Thats pretty much it. You like it or you dont. The fanbase, like any other, will have some super loud and vocal eccentrics that make it just fucking unbearable but thats everything these days from Dr. Who, to Sherlock, to videogames. Enjoy it for what it is dont judge it by its more eccentric fans. Those sorts of folks get creepy over whatever fanbase they latch onto anyways.

Copy and pasted onto the first post to immediately disspell strange thoughts from those who are willing to understand.

+1 internet cookie given to all understanding, non-judgemental chaps! ^ - ^

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I think its similar to how kids who grew up in the 90's who watched Toonami also wached Sailor Moon b/c it was there with DBZ.
Not gonna lie I was totally one of those people. On the topic of MLP I watched a couple episodes after one of my friends wouldn't shut up about it I didn't get it, it was just a kids show I didn't find the jokes funny or the stories good, it was just a little girls show, it's fine if you like it but eh not my thing. The good thing that came out of it was in order for me to watch some MLP my friend had to watch Avatar: TLA a way better show and he got hooked.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I'm a big animation nut and there's a lot of kids cartoons that I enjoy and think are great. MLP isn't one of those escapes for me, but plenty of grown ass men enjoy Disney and Pixar. Not a whole lot different from MLP in my eyes and there's nothing wrong with watching and enjoying it.

What is wrong are these turbosperg bronies who have to shove ponies into everything and ruin it for everyone. Then when they get criticized for being retards, they start screaming about gender politics or autism or some other pseudo-victim bullshit to deflect from their complete lack of shame and self-awareness. They're not worth getting all frustrated and angry over, I just pity them for being so delusional. I ignore them or laugh at them and move on. Case in point:

The best post in this thread.