What's new

whats up from detroit

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Been a fan of MK since grade school. I played the first one at the party store by my house growing up and fell in love. Fighting games took over my life for a long time... but I fell off some years later.

Although I played SF4, SSF4 and MvC3 recently to try to get back into fighters, they just didn't hold my attention. However, MK9 has me falling in love all over again! I want to take my gaming more seriously and also want to get into the tournament scene... and well I heard this site was a good place to hang out at.

I've already been reading a lot of guides in the forums as well as watching streams by some of you guys, and i'm ready to jump into the community!

Cheers!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cool man, yeah good to see more MK fans. Good post, welcome to TYM and long live MK man!

Welcome to TYM.

Check out our regional forums to find players from your area.

There are also bi-weekly tournaments in Ann Arbor for SSFIV and MVC3, although they haven't added MK9 yet. Keep an eye on the thread here as they might add it to the schedule soon (I know some of those guys play).

http://shoryuken.com/f7/michigan-ranbats-s-6-ann-arbor-mi-biweekly-269679/

When you decide to venture out a little farther, you'll want to check out Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati where they have monthly ranbats which will feature MK9 for the next four months.

We also have two tournaments in Columbus, Bar Battles (usually in the summer), and the big one Season's Beatings (in October), which is one of the biggest MK majors of the year.

Keep an eye on the front page for info on when those are coming up.

Jinx

Give Me Strength
There are also bi-weekly tournaments in Ann Arbor for SSFIV and MVC3, although they haven't added MK9 yet. Keep an eye on the thread here as they might add it to the schedule soon (I know some of those guys play).

http://shoryuken.com/f7/michigan-ranbats-s-6-ann-arbor-mi-biweekly-269679/
There are? I did not know that, I may have to check it out eventually. Oh and septic, welcome to the forums man, I'm new as well and also from the Detroit area. Hope we get to play soon man.