What's new

Video/Tutorial What you MUST know about 213 for Zod

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Doing homework on Zod

213 MB laser whiffs on standing hit. You must delay the charge of the laser and MB it late to hit which is the purpose of this video

I whiffed this combo all night on AK Harold in tourney watsing meter and having the 213 hit but him to wake up and full combo me. This is why. On standing opponents you must delay the MB and charge the laser.

On DUCKING opponents 213 will hit overhead (3) being the overhead which changes the gravity of the combo so you must do 213 mb immediately on hit for it to hit in this fashion.
Also use your 21(3) as your mix up.
21 low laser
21 low laser cancel into command grab
2 low laser (for pre emptive blocking)
Again the main purpose of this video is for us zod players not to be BLOWN UP when we miss 213 mb low laser combos because of gravity properties.
Thanks

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What about close lazer? From what I've found whenever regular lazer whiffs, the close one always seems to land fine.

Pig Of The Hut

What about close lazer? From what I've found whenever regular lazer whiffs, the close one always seems to land fine.
Absolutely not

They will have woken up, cooked a pound of chicken and steamed rice before that shit hits them

Pig Of The Hut

Tasty... but defeat is a dish too bittersweet for my tastes. Good observation on the delay though, very nice.
Had to figure this out

I was getting my back blown out all night by using my mix ups only to whiff a f ing low laser all night ON HIT and ME get blown out for it lol

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sounds nasty. I heard somewhere that ending a combo with a orb into charge beam on landing is pretty sick. Any thoughts?

Pig Of The Hut

Sounds nasty. I heard somewhere that ending a combo with a orb into charge beam on landing is pretty sick. Any thoughts?
orb?

I do know f213 end w charge laser is pretty good especially w trait out where you can cancel it to grab

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
orb?

I do know f213 end w charge laser is pretty good especially w trait out where you can cancel it to grab
The reptile orb type things. The name escapes me.
Someone did it to me once, it was pretty sick. The orb has some weird stand properties about it, and the charge shot basically nuked me.

Pig Of The Hut

The reptile orb type things. The name escapes me.
Someone did it to me once, it was pretty sick. The orb has some weird stand properties about it, and the charge shot basically nuked me.
Ehh its ok

I mean if you hit them w f213 theres many better options

you can do it w 213 and into a throw but its not guaranteed

I wouldnt do the low laser thing there, i would do one of these 3 setups

Pig Of The Hut

This is a great find man! I can tell you've been pouring serious work into this guy, can't wait for you to bust him out at your next major. TFC perhaps?
Ill know if I can attend TFC the Monday of that week due to whether my boss will be there or not

Last night's local showed me my ZOD is LOng ways away from being where I need him to be

The tech and tools are all there but knowing instinctually when where how to use each of it needs time to sink in

Example I would confirm 213 all night to MB laser only for it whiff and flash stand up and 52% punish me lol, now I know. It's those little things

Ill know if I can attend TFC the Monday of that week due to whether my boss will be there or not

Last night's local showed me my ZOD is LOng ways away from being where I need him to be

The tech and tools are all there but knowing instinctually when where how to use each of it needs time to sink in

Example I would confirm 213 all night to MB laser only for it whiff and flash stand up and 52% punish me lol, now I know. It's those little things
Understanding that you're far from complete is what I like to hear. Being content with your efforts will always start the downfall.
Working on instinct is definitely key to character mastery, hands down. I'm sure you've heard enough of that from 16 bit and your podcast alone lol.
And oh yeah, the little things are what separates a good read to win and getting blown up lmao.

If what you say is true about Zod potential, then it will be very fun to see you grow using Zod. I was actually going to ask during tournament about that string, but figured the salt level was too high to have a meaningful discussion about it. Also, why you gotta hate on Flash and use him as a training dummy.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
I guess this explains my combo not connecting at times.

I do a 213, dash, 12 xx mb laser combo , and when they duck the 21, and get hit by the 3... the dash to 12 doesnt connect.

good stuff @AK Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

pig what do you think of the dash in combo instead (213, dash 12 mb close laser, etc)
On standing hit it works and is great but if they duck and only get hit by the 3 it won't

213 seems to be his best mix up string where u can cancel 21 to laser MB or let 3 come out or w trait cancel 21 to laser charge then command grab from a laser cancel

If u confirm on hit standing the 213 then the dash follow up is great
I guess this explains my combo not connecting at times.

I do a 213, dash, 12 xx mb laser combo , and when they duck the 21, and get hit by the 3... the dash to 12 doesnt connect.

good stuff @AK Pig Of The Hut

Ya it's the same exact thing

Pig Of The Hut

If what you say is true about Zod potential, then it will be very fun to see you grow using Zod. I was actually going to ask during tournament about that string, but figured the salt level was too high to have a meaningful discussion about it. Also, why you gotta hate on Flash and use him as a training dummy.
I had no idea that's why it kept whiffing

Flash is my training dummy due to his hit box and salt levels lol

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
I recommend doing 213 dash 12 for full combo setups. I dunno, I just find doing 12 on an airborne opponent never ever whiffs ground blast

Pig Of The Hut

I recommend doing 213 dash 12 for full combo setups. I dunno, I just find doing 12 on an airborne opponent never ever whiffs ground blast
Yea but the issue is u will rarely hit someone w 21 as they will be ducking so when 3 hits u can't dash up and do 12 MB laser