What's new

What would have happened if Stryker or Jade had won EVO 2013?

Lets say some unknown Stryker/Jade player showed up at EVO and just beats everyone. He meets REO in the grand finals and bodies his Kabal with some tech/strategy that was never discovered. REO having never seen this new tech, doesn't have enough time to adapt and loses.

Would peoples minds be blown or what?
I think something unreal like that happening would bring MK9 back to life.

Obviously this is all just fantasy land. It's more of just a thought experiment more than anything. Something crazy to discuss/think about.

Thoughts?

AK Pig Of The Hut
GGA 16 Bit
GamerBlake90
Under_The_Mayo
MITDJT

Espio

Kokomo
Reminds me of when GGA Jeremiah beat Cat's Kabal with Sheeva that was so hype so I could only imagine how crazy people would go if any low tier character won EVO.

I could imagine the rejuvenated intrigue and optimism about the game if something like that happened, a lot of players might come back too.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What if I won the lottery and married a supermodel?

You can sit here all day and talk hypotheticals. Not going to change what actually happened, which was two top tiers duking it out in GFs. This is not unexpected nor uncommon for FGs.

If you want to support MK9, then go to tournaments. That right there is the key.

People would say shit like "I knew Stryker was being slept on" just to sound hipsterish.
actually, i've been saying stryker is cheap for almost a year now, lol. you can ask Chris Thomas if you dont believe me; that's the character i complain about the most. jade is god awful though. Stryker can beat kabal, jade cannot. stryker it's like 6.5-3.5 imo jade is 10-0 kabal
i wouldnt be surprised about sheeva, she has 4 arms

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
actually, i've been saying stryker is cheap for almost a year now, lol. jade is god awful though. Stryker can beat kabal, jade cannot. stryker it's like 6.5-3.5 imo jade is 10-0 kabal
i wouldnt be surprised about sheeva, she has 4 arms
How dare you down play Jade like that she is the greatest and no one beats her,(Shakes his fist at you)

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
In all seriousness, if Stryker didn't have gaps in his strings and specials and had faster normals and more safe attacks, then he would be top for sure. Good zoning, crazy mix-ups, decent anti-airs, a reset normal , 3/4 screen anti-zoning special. But whenever I look at his frame data it's like OMG, NRS clearly doesn't know how to adjust character moves.

In all seriousness, if Stryker didn't have gaps in his strings and specials and had faster normals and more safe attacks, then he would be top for sure. Good zoning, crazy mix-ups, decent anti-airs, a reset normal , 3/4 screen anti-zoning special. But whenever I look at his frame data it's like OMG, NRS clearly doesn't know how to adjust character moves.
dont forget a godlike 7f, priority, stupid hitbox d2 that's safe on block. imo, after sonya, it's the best d2 in the game

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Actually, if this happened there would be a lot of "splainin" to do.

If some no name Stryker or Cyber sub (tournament viable lethal killing machine, they said), or another of the shite tier characters came out and won EVO, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE playing said character would be on blast.

And my first post would be:

"so Espio, look at this walking handjob over here who just won EVO with EX baton twirl. I have a list of things for you to hold....and it starts with Dat.

Xoxo - The Kano/Nightwolf Kommunity.
(Edit: sorry espio, you were the first stryker player who came to mind, lol).