What's new

What would be a good second character?

So I've noticed with all the new reptile players every time i go online it seems like people panic and i just get zoned to death for picking Reptile, for the mirror matches they end up being nothing but dashes and forceballs with very little to no attempt at actual combos. seeing as getting zoned 12 games straight ends up starting to get a little annoying i figured it would be best to pick a secondary character. what would be a good secondary for when i have to face the zoners or the Reptile spammers that would be able to access rush down and zoning capability. i was thinking either using Raiden, Kabal, Sindel, or Smoke any of those 4 good sides or should i just jump on the Cyrax and Kung Lao bandwagons?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Kung Lao, Cyrax, Liu Kang, Mileena, Smoke, Scorpion or Sub Zero. Kung Lao, Sub Zero and Cyrax would probably be your best bet, though. Depending on the player; if they're idiot elbow spammers then yes, every last one of those character will annihilate them.

I need to pick up a new character, Sektor just isn't doing it for me, anymore.

I recommend smoke and Mileena.
Smoke has all the tools to outplay them.
1) Shake if they spam projectiles.
2) smoke away if they spam moves.
3) smoke bomb.

Mileena has alot of options.
she has a nice teleport, fast projectile and a ballroll
she has a overhead and low combo starter.
she is fast and realy a rushdown character.

you may also take a look at Sub zero or Ermac.

Reptile is a counter character and so is smoke, so maybe you want a zoning or rushdown character as your secondary.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Smoke and Mileena are both 5/5s. I'll break down why.

All of Mileena's moves are punishable by Reptile; with the exception of Sais.
1)Blocked telekick - (she'll always try to set up a throw following this) react with 2 fast FB, 32 slow FB, 321 slide.
2)Bite - She is 100% vulnerable with this move, you can throw a fast FB out and set her up for a string. Or hit her with a 32 FB string.
3)Blocked Roll - Extremely punishable with the 32 FB string.

Mileena will spend the majority D4'ing you attempting to condition you to block low to set up her string, don't. Just bait her out and use crossovers; bait her wakeups as well. This is a 5/5 for me, you simply need patience and to not elbow dash around and throw empty FBs out.

In regards to Smoke, he's a little better off, honestly. But, not enough so, to actually give Reptile a headache - still feels like a 5/5 to me. Maybe a 6/4? I don't know.
1)Tele punch is very punishable with the same 27% string as Mileena.
2)Tele mobility is punishable by elbow dash or EX fast FB.

Smoke bombs can be pretty downright obnoxious though, and they're certainly something you have to avoid, which means LOTS of block dashing for Reptile - which is pretty annoying. But, it can still be done. Still feel that Smoke can be beaten with patience.

Kung Lao, Cyrax and Sub Zero are just harder matchups for Reptile.

Levaranoia

War God
So your facing other people who don't even use reptile properly and your getting bodied by them? Not gonna lie but you sound like a horrible reptile player if your getting zoned out by fake reptile players cuz i'd say those are the easiest reptile players to beat.

Personally I would vote for CSZ. You can react punish a lot of zoners with his dive kick as well as slow down rushdown characters with his parry. Works well vs reptile if you predict some elbow jabs. That being said all those other characters are strong choices as well.