What's new

What weakness do you want to improve when MKX drops?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Operating under false pretense that mkx will require great footsies, have good zoning, and reliable anti airs
I'm pretty sure MKX is going to focus on the neutral game. Doesn't it cost stamina to even dash? Givin the walk speed and the anti airs I've seen on stream…I'm 99.9% sure MKX will be heavily focused on footsies. I've yet to see a fantastic zoner though. Rumor has it CC has instant air gun shots though.

Sometines a player needs to remember that yeah, we do this competitively.. But the main reason is for FUN. And forgetting that can make matchups more stressful and what not. So the past year or so, I've been trying to just always put fun as my #1 goal. I'm not sure if you guys consider that a weakness. But it defenitly brings more joy to the gameplay for me.

I$AAC

Noob
My biggest weakness was my matchup knowledge or lack thereof. I took a year off from injustice only to come back last year. I was doing well given the circumstances but I always had to play catch up. I promised myself I would not make the same mistake for MKX.

NKZero

Noob
I used to AA like a boss and more recently I've been playing MK9 online recently to try and get back on track for MKX. I've been hit with more jump in punches than a universal fisting session. Now with Sub Zero I attempt to 2,2 6 seconds before my opponent even moves it looks retarded. So I gotta get that back up to scratch.

I also gotta stop taking risks and going for the 'big play' so to speak. With Sub I'm always sliding and always going for F+4, ice ball and not respiting wake-ups. I also rely less on down pokes and go for full string blow-ups only to get fucked over.

I think it's mainly due to lack of practice compared to when I was playing MK9 more frequently but risks are the main thing to eliminate from my game. Must learn from Based Brady.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I need to work on my neutral game. I understand it very well but my problem is that I don't trust myself when I make a read and I'm right quite a lot of the time but I doubt myself. I need to learn to take advantage of when somebody is doing something negative and really take advantage of my plus frames (this to me means poke out of every gap and don't let people get away with things for free). I need to improve my execution. I feel like this stuff is improving slowly and I'm getting better, it's just a matter of time and having the mentality,

I also don't spend enough time in the lab but rather just playing ranked or (mostly) not playing untill I can play offline.

Oh yeah, and knowing every matchup/gimmick.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Main thing'll be defence and getting out to locals lol. But senior year is coming quick for bball and it's time to develop a true 3 point shot :).

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
While reading this topic, I couldn't help but think of @Slips ' Triforce/shards theory of FG skill (come back KTP!).

Personally, I think I have an adequate number of shards for the Triforces of Knowledge (frame data, matchup knowledge) and Power (execution), but need to acquire more Courage (fundamentals). Specifically movement, adaptation, and conditioning my opponent.

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I need to get rich and have a lot of money so I can travel to tournaments because them's the breaks living in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Agree with Evil Went to Raleigh NC MLG all major players were there.Tom Brady 16bit Pig Cdjr Showtime Big D Perfect Legend Reo Detroit Ballin Lord of the Fly Dizzy had time of my life.Its sucks not living in big city maybe I should try out my local gaming stores to get something started never know.MK10 please hurry and get here.

mixing up pressure/work on exploiting my mixup options as much as possible and looking at more of the positives to my character and being less negative in that regard .

whenever I played Lobo, I almost always went for d1 (hits), instant air face dive or 21 (blocked) low shot. If Cassie/Ermac/whoever i end up maining in MKX has decent mixup options, that's the first thing I'm looking to make into a habit. I also had the mentality of finding one negative thing about my character (like standard pressure being easily escapable in one instance) then the negatives just pile on from there.

Basically, I'm looking to #StayPositive.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I think I need to give less respect to my opponents if I don't have too. I play DD and sometimes against footsie character ill try to match it instead of say keeping in the corner. Even though I know on a right read I could punish them.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I'm gonna try to get myself to not play Joker this time around. I think it will improve my game significantly.