What's new

What really happened with my disqualification

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I know alot of people are saying shit about me and its probably wrong so I just want to get the story straight.

I've been awake since 9am this morning. I didn't miss pools because I was drunk or sleeping in or whatever, I missed pools because I didn't know what time my pool started.

It really sucks because I got to my pool and talked to the guy running the brackets, and I had two byes. My first match didn't even start yet, so I asked if I could still play. My opponent never played his next match after me, so the tournament didn't advance at all. We should have been able to just sit down and play. The guy running the brackets said no I'm DQ'd. I asked "why am I DQ'd, my first match didn't even start yet? Even if I made it to pools on time I still would have never even played a tournament match yet because I have two byes, I'm literally not holding up the tournament at all. It makes no sense to DQ me. Why can't I just play my first match now?" They said rules are rules so I am DQ'd. I'll have to hold that

To add insult to injury, while I was swimming last night somebody stole my shoes, so I have no shoes for the rest of the weekend. This is literally the worst tournament experience I've ever had.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Sorry to hear, bro. I was looking forward to seeing what you brought to the tournament as well.

Get them money games in to not make it a complete waste.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
My dude. You do so well and win these tourneys but got no extra shoes.? :confused:
Bruh.
Anyways. Thats unfortunate for all the miscommunication. I dont know how the tournaments work but feels kinda bullish.
Woulda been good to see you up there

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Awww man... No Forever King matches on Youtube for later then. :( Was really looking forward to see how far you got man. You have my sympathies for all that crap that happened to you.

ForeverKing

How did you not know when your pool was?

So you missed check in?
Yeah I missed check in. I knew I was in pool 7 but I didn't know what time my pool started, I just automatically assumed that my pool would be in the afternoon because pool 7 at tournaments is generally later. I should have known since there were 16 pools, there was a chance of pool 7 being early.

It's 100% my fault, I understand why I was DQ'd. It's just unfortunate that they didn't let me play it out, me being late literally didn't hold up the tournament at all because I had two byes and my first match never started. So even if I checked in and made it to pools on time, I would have never played my first match yet anyways.

ForeverKing

what explanation is needed? if you missed check in you're out.
Idk man. I understand if I was holding up the bracket, yeah DQ me. Makes perfect sense. But if somebody being late doesn't hold up the tournament, them being late made no difference they didn't have any matches anyway and you still DQ them.... Not even send me to loser's bracket just straight up DQ out of the tournament... That's pretty damn harsh

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's harsh but that kind of organization and professionalism needs to happen to make these huge events run on time. Take it as a lesson man, a lot of money is on the line and it's not small grass roots tournaments anymore.

ForeverKing

It's harsh but that kind of organization and professionalism needs to happen to make these huge events run on time. Take it as a lesson man, a lot of money is on the line and it's not small grass roots tournaments anymore.
But me being late literally didn't affect anyone. I didn't hold up any tournament matches, I didn't make anyone wait to play. Like i said i had two byes and my first match never started. Me being late had no effect on anyone.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Someone jacked your kicks? Damn, I'd go buy some cheap flip flops or something, that sucks.

Vandy

Kumite!
But me being late literally didn't affect anyone. I didn't hold up any tournament matches, I didn't make anyone wait to play. Like i said i had two byes and my first match never started. Me being late had no effect on anyone.

Maybe, but letting you back in would negatively affect the reputation of CEO as an on-time tournament and would effectively tell the world it is OK to be late to your pool as long as your match hasn't been called yet.

You know I love you King, but if you made this thread looking for sympathy - it aint coming.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You miss check-in, you get DQ'd. Anyhting otherwise is unprofessional.

Also you should have known your pool would be earlier considering there are 16 pools.

Learn from it and don't miss check in again. Like Vandy said, can't really sympathize.