What's new

What is your day 1 hot take?

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I love the gameplay, hate the grinding that’s aimed at me spending money :/

But the Kombat really saves it

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
It's a clusterfuck to be honest. Can you not lab with a tournament variation without making it?

Also, Noob is boring to play. I went back to Skarlet for the time being until I lab Kollector.

I played 65 games online and the net code is horrible. I played people with wired internet and good ping and I have 1 gig internet and was getting lag spikes galore.

Otherwise it's ok so far. Not as happy with it as I was with MKX when it launched but I'll give it time.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Everything moves at such a slow pace, combo execution is only slightly tricky with timing so theres no advantage to be had there

The storymode had some great moments but overall was so bad and cheesy storywise, sonya looks and sounds terrible, I want a run button, the roster has some great choices but frost/cassie/jacquie took away from so many better options. fatal blows should take away all meters after and shouldnt return after trying them

I waited for so long, but literally got bored and shut it off, make this game move faster and give me Smoke/Motaro/Cybernetic Lin Kieui
You're in luck because I have just the game for you. UMK3.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
My hot take:
This is the most responsive MK regarding button inputs. The controls are nice and tight. The game is visually stunning. The best graphics for a fighting game in my opinion. I like that the roster is not stale with the same UMK3 cast that people here keep begging for. For all the Jacqui hate, I'm going to "git gud" with her soley for the purpose of making delicious hater-aid for haters to drink.

Shao Khan seems fun, I'll be playing him as well. Nice long range attacks but lacks a good combo starter.

Lastly, we might as well accept custom variations for tournaments because the set variations are hot garbage. Besides, do we really want to waste all those unused moves? I see the moves akin to choosing your Super Art in SF. Yes there are more moves here, but at least NRS was clever enough to put limits on how you create variations. Learn what each move does and you've learned potential match-ups.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Cassie is amazing and Elder Dumbass is Hsu Hao levels of trash and waste of slot. Krypt is fun, Towers seems convoluted as fuck and the grind is real.

also, goddammit every single skin looks the fricking same, I'm so disappointed by this system, I can't believe I'm saying this but Injustice 2 did it better
Talk to the chief designer. He doesn't regret one bit :DOGE

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Sub isn't as bad as the sub Kommunity says he is.
Infact, id say he's pretty good as far as the rest of the cast goes.

My hot take.

JDM

Noob
When I saw that the tackle is a mid i had a moment of silence. He has some long combos but unless youre punishing someone how are you going to open him up? Even if you use him a zoner why would anything land
Yeah it should probably be an overhead. His B3 krushing blow string only works if they block high but you have literally no reason to? It makes no sense. Not to mention the frame data on the projectile itself is just trash.

He does good damage but that's about it. Definitely relegated to a "fun" character for me after playing him for only 3 hours.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hot Take: Zoning is once again massively overrated, and will be no different than zoning in MKX. Situational and MU dependent at best. The offensive pressure and weapons are significantly better than what the traditional zoning characters offer, and Top 16 in tournaments will be filled with offensive characters like they were in MKX.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Liu Kang’s shaolin stance cancel is useless. Works only against those who don’t know it exists. Flying kick isn’t full screen, iafb krushing blow works only fullscreen. His uppercut though has a huge pushback, lol

day1 verdict?
for a game that wants to be competitive, without an competitive matchmaking for RANKED there will not be any verdict at all

LUL