What's new

What is the best string in Mortal Kombat 11?

What is the best string in Mortal Kombat 11?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
By popular request, here is the "What is the best string in Mortal Kombat 11?" poll. Before you vote, check out the results for the "What is the best special move in Mortal Kombat 11?" poll.

1st Sand Trap (Geras) - 33 votes
2nd Edenian Razors (Kitana) - 23 votes
3rd Orbiting Hat (Kung Lao) - 14 votes
4th Energy Rings (Sonya) - 11 votes
t5th Natural Barrier (Cetrion) - 9 votes
t5th Hell Port (Scorpion) - 9 votes

For full results, click here.

As far as this poll is concerned, you may vote for five out of the 22 strings that are listed above or you can think of a string that is not included in the poll. I ignored single-hitting attacks with no follows ups (i.e., Noob's b+2), sweeps (i.e., every character's b+4), and pokes (i.e., universal d+1s and d+3s).

How you vote is up to you, but I usually follow the "If I could customize the perfect character, I would choose these five strings, especially if their inputs do not overlap" mentality. Keep frame data, range, krushing blow, and other properties in mind.

Vote and discuss.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Liu Kang and nightwolf indiviually, however Liu Kang kit in general is insane.

The others i don't feel like their individual strings are that strong alone, but then you add specials and holy shit

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I dont think there is single best string in this game . There are many good ones and I dont see any to be lots better than rest

Zviko

Noob
I voted for Jacqui's F31, which imo is the best in the game and Nightwolf's 111. I voted for Sindel's F4U3 as well but I don't think it's the best. That's from V1 perspective because on block it actually puts her in position to be zoned again which she really struggles against. It's very good in the other 2 variations though especially V3 which can anti zone immediately after.

I would like to add Lao's 121, Joker's F142, Noob's 212 and Liu Kang's everything except B34.

LoveBites xo

Killer Kween
Sindels F4U3 because it resets the neutral and can check players trying to close the gap on you, also has an insane hitbox which can knock players/catch players in the air

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sindels F4U3 because it resets the neutral and can check players trying to close the gap on you, also has an insane hitbox which can knock players/catch players in the air
Honestly I think Jacqui’s f31 leads to more and it’s actually completely safe, as opposed to Sindel’s f4u3 which can be blown up by a couple forward advancing/zoning/tracking moves. It sounds weird to say it, but I think that although f4 is the better normal, f31 is probably the better string.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
prepatch Geras f212 easy lol.
Honestly I think Jacqui’s f31 leads to more and it’s actually safe, as opposed to Sindel’s f4u3 which can be blown up by some forward advancing/zoning/tracking moves. It sounds weird to say it, but I think that although f4 is the better normal, f31 is probably the better string.
hmm? Jax's FB is 11f and travels fast, not even that punishes it.

Wigy

There it is...
Kotals f24.

Blows up zoners.
Blows up rushdown trying to get in.
Amazing Oki string.

Honestly it feels like sand trap levels of paralysing you in neutral at times.

Sindels is amazing too but I think only on a character who want to play defensive. That string is basically the best I'm guna check you and not have to block anything after.

I voted Jacqui F3,1 and Sindel F4,U3

Honorable mention against big hurtbox characters only: Kano F1,2,B2. Advancing mid string with no gaps that is +2 on block.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Shoutout to literally every single Joker string.
Insane range? Check.
No hurtbox on the magnum dong? Check.
Joker is fucking tiny and steps back in some of his normals, making him harder to hit? Check.
Top tier accidental anti air? Check.
Free distance on block? Check.
Can stagger you with a launcher that's half screen pushback on block? Check.

IDK why NRS think disjointed buttons with huge range, that are staggerable and create distance on block is a good thing for footsies, that also auto anti air. Wouldn't it be better if you had to spend resources for the distance?? and if your buttons could actually be consistently hit?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Jade can punish it with the enhanced blazing nitro kick cancel from her pole vault.
Jaded definitely can with running nitro kick. Raijin was just a guess cause someone said it and like a sheep I believed them without trying myself but Jaded 100% can.
I have just tested. You guys were right. Reversal timing and a bar are required, but the punish works.

Kano mid high oh string on characters that can't duck the high spit is kinda broken imo
Can you low poke the second hit? I have yet to test.

I know this is mainly a me problem, but I still haven't gotten over my hatred of Erron Black's b222 string (or whatever it is). Its just always such a strong option vs knocked down opponents. Fast, advancing, overhead, anti airing, easy hit confirming, mixable string of bullshit. And you can make it safe so its always a guess to punish it. And half the time when I make the right read and forward roll while my opponent mindlessly does it the little fucker just pistol whips his way across the screen out of whiff punishment range.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Shoutout to literally every single Joker string.
Insane range? Check.
No hurtbox on the magnum dong? Check.
Joker is fucking tiny and steps back in some of his normals, making him harder to hit? Check.
Top tier accidental anti air? Check.
Free distance on block? Check.
Can stagger you with a launcher that's half screen pushback on block? Check.

IDK why NRS think disjointed buttons with huge range, that are staggerable and create distance on block is a good thing for footsies, that also auto anti air. Wouldn't it be better if you had to spend resources for the distance?? and if your buttons could actually be consistently hit?
Not a good mentality