What's new

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TOASTY GUY?!?!?

Dann

Noob
I was landing some sick combos online and offline. I was uppercutting the crap out of the computer and people online and then a question suddenly spurred into my head. "WHERE IS THE TOASTY GUY?" I play this game a lot and thinking back to the last time i saw him, it's been months. I checked some tournament footage from apex, vsm, and random youtube videos and not once did i see the toasty guy. Does anybody know if this feature was patched out or if is still in the game? If it is still there is hard as hell to get him to come out.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
hes still there, he doesnt require uppercuts all the time.
last night i got toasty mid combo with kitana after a jk air fan if that helps :p

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I actually saw him pop out after I beat someone online. I did an uppercut after it said ''Finish Him'' and TOASTY! I lol'ed.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I actually saw him pop out after I beat someone online. I did an uppercut after it said ''Finish Him'' and TOASTY! I lol'ed.
I was watching the stream when that happened lol.

The toasty guy is retarted. I've been testing to figure out the "Toasty Boost" forever. Somewhere between 500-1000 uppercuts and no Dan Forden :(
He doesn't only come out for uppercuts either. I've seen him pop up for Kabal's b121 a few times.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I was watching the stream when that happened lol.

The toasty guy is retarted. I've been testing to figure out the "Toasty Boost" forever. Somewhere between 500-1000 uppercuts and no Dan Forden :(
He doesn't only come out for uppercuts either. I've seen him pop up for Kabal's b121 a few times.
Maybe it's pop ups. Ha and I'm glad you saw that I forgot that happened on stream, at least I'm not alone lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Toasty bonus is weird. Of all this time I had MK9 I only got it 3 times in a row when I first bought the game.I thought it was common.And now it doesn't appear anymore at all.

Seapeople

This one's for you
From the latest VSM: http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/306687548

At 28:00, REO gets a TOASTY!, lands an attack while Dan Forden is on screen, but no Toasty Bonus. Maybe it's not in anymore? When was the last time someone actually got it?
That's the kind of thing I was talking about. The Toasty Bonus definitely doesn't happen if you hit them afterward, and this video is proof of it. Goldfishkeeper You don't have to use any codes.

The other 2 theories I've heard are pressing d2 again, or pressing L2+R2+L1+R1 as Dan Forden leaves the screen. I tried the d2 theory once and had no luck. I'm starting to think the Toasty Bonus is completely random, or maybe it's been patched out. But it's almost impossible to confirm these ideas.

@NRS Your developers obviously know how these things work because they made the game. Why don't you give us the details about things like this & frame data?? Lol.