What's new

What do you guys think of the switching out characters to do extra hits and combos sort of like MVC?

KARATE

I always Play to Win.
I personally think this new idea is SICK! I love how they are going back to how in MK3 you could pick more than one character and then you have to fight each one to the death but now you can switch out and do different combos and special moves. I also liek how on the Pit stage once you kill one of the characters they automatically fall into the pit lol I have to say this might be The best MK yet!

The main reason i think this is a cool new idea is cause i love doing combos just like anybody else but i try to make up my own and the possibilties are endless if each and every character will have there own distinct move that they will be able to do such as projectiles,hits,specials,etc and that will be a challenge to find out what the best Team match up will be to figure out which ones can do the most damage.

Do you guys agree?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For a gimmick mode...it's one hell of a gimmick, tbh.

If TTT/MvC2 is any indication, tag modes are always good features.

KARATE

I always Play to Win.
For a gimmick mode...it's one hell of a gimmick, tbh.

If TTT/MvC2 is any indication, tag modes are always good features.
Why do you think its a gimmick mode? I think it is just what Mortal Kombat was needing. Its way better than Motorkombat lol

THTB

I'm referring to the fact that it's a pretty extra feature, sorta like Tekken Ball or Endless Match in Alpha 3.

Not trying to demean it in any way. It's definitely a good thing to have and gives MK9 the opportunity to have 2 possible forms of competitive play for the game.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm referring to the fact that it's a pretty extra feature, sorta like Tekken Ball or Endless Match in Alpha 3.

Not trying to demean it in any way. It's definitely a good thing to have and gives MK9 the opportunity to have 2 possible forms of competitive play for the game.
Totally agree.

Its also a great option for tournament play.

THTB

360 man! 360...

That's where a lot of the competition should be. Online is generally a lot better on that console.

KARATE

I always Play to Win.
360 man! 360...

That's where a lot of the competition should be. Online is generally a lot better on that console.
Nah no offense but i HATE Xbox...Especially the Controllers..I Dunno what it is. I guess you can just say im a Sony fan. Honestly No matter what sstem you play on there will always be lagg...That is the thing im most worried about. I really hope that online wont ruin MK9 as it did for MKD and MKA..

THTB

Controllers aren't a big deal anymore...not with the numerous converters floating around, plus this jewel:

http://www.hori.jp/items/detail.php?id=852

True, there will be lag, but a lot of high level players for most games play on 360 because its networking is generally better than PS3's, and it's slowly becoming the system of choice for stuff like tournaments. Not to mention how much more stuff 360 has in general.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh hell naw, ill see you guys in tournaments or offline events!

None of that online shit... lol

Okay maybe sometimes. :D

THTB

Lol, I'll only play online a lot anyway if it's GGPO or the netcode is just as damn good as DBZ Raging Blast 1.

KARATE

I always Play to Win.
Oh hell naw, ill see you guys in tournaments or offline events!

None of that online shit... lol

Okay maybe sometimes. :D
Hell nah man you WILL play online when i get on there. Ill put Scorps sword back in Sareenas ass once again :p *that is if she returns lol*

I consider 'tagging' comical, above anything else. I also think it's a bane for a fighting game trying to be considered 'hardcore', as history shows tag style fighters are almost always mess. MvC mentioned here arguably being the most salient case in point.

To whatever extent they implement the tag system, I just hope there is a fully-fledged 1v1 compnent to the game that mirrors anything the tag stuff offers up. If not only for the integrity of the gameplay itself in case the tag system fails, then for the congruity of the game's canon. Kahn fighting side-by-side with Raiden? I don't think so Tim... :facepalm:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think it'll be interesting, but have to test it out to see really. I wonder if they'll be just tournaments with TT separate from one on one. How do they work it in MVC3?

I think it'll be interesting, but have to test it out to see really. I wonder if they'll be just tournaments with TT separate from one on one. How do they work it in MVC3?
It doesn't 'work' in MvC. Characters are banned, all competitive teams contain certain 'broken' characters...

Play the game and see for yourself - the proof of the curdled pudding is in the tasting... and subsequent vomiting!
(NB: 1 and 2 are freely available on-line for emulators - MAME's the easiet to set up and the least cpu-taxing).

Tim Static

Adminerator
Controllers aren't a big deal anymore...not with the numerous converters floating around, plus this jewel:

http://www.hori.jp/items/detail.php?id=852

True, there will be lag, but a lot of high level players for most games play on 360 because its networking is generally better than PS3's, and it's slowly becoming the system of choice for stuff like tournaments. Not to mention how much more stuff 360 has in general.
This: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?1785-The-X-Converter-PS1-2-to-Xbox-360-FOR-XBOX-LIVE-UMK3-PLAYERS!!

MKF30

At any rate, no I don't think the TT is a gimmick since most fighters at this point have that option and if it works which given the vids so far looks like it will take a reasonable amount of skill to utilize well, then should be no problem.

It doesn't 'work' in MvC. Characters are banned, all competitive teams contain certain 'broken' characters...

Play the game and see for yourself - the proof of the curdled pudding is in the tasting... and subsequent vomiting!
(NB: 1 and 2 are freely available on-line for emulators - MAME's the easiet to set up and the least cpu-taxing).
I've played MVC2 but it's been years literally...but thanks for answering. Friend has it for DC since I have one I can just borrow it from him and there's also Xbox live download since that's one easy dl lol. I was just curious as to how they work with that in MVC tourneys...

I've played MVC2 but it's been years literally...but thanks for answering. Friend has it for DC since I have one I can just borrow it from him and there's also Xbox live download since that's one easy dl lol. I was just curious as to how they work with that in MVC tourneys...
Check some Evo vids on YT or elsewhere of MvC matches.

*SPOILER*

They're an absolute mess from a non Marvel/Capcom fanboy, mister-plays-fighters-for-gameplay-not-fan-serivce viewpoint. It's essentially MvC3 with 16-bit sprites - junk. Naruto games are better - lol! It's like they took the Marvel side-scrolling beat-em-up and made it a fighting game... and it shows. :jerkoff:

MKF30

lol, hmm I see. I'll check out some vids. I've been seeing some MVC3 vids of late(how are people playing this game btw if it's not out yet here?) The vids I noticed were on LCD tvs not arcade cabs lol. I know in Japan the game is out since they get everything before us (japanese wise I mean)

Graveyard

Superb
lol, hmm I see. I'll check out some vids. I've been seeing some MVC3 vids of late(how are people playing this game btw if it's not out yet here?) The vids I noticed were on LCD tvs not arcade cabs lol. I know in Japan the game is out since they get everything before us (japanese wise I mean)
The game is not out anywhere... I personally love MVC2...

Also, they don't "work it", the game is all tag.

Graveyard

Superb
Check some Evo vids on YT or elsewhere of MvC matches.

*SPOILER*

They're an absolute mess from a non Marvel/Capcom fanboy, mister-plays-fighters-for-gameplay-not-fan-serivce viewpoint. It's essentially MvC3 with 16-bit sprites - junk. Naruto games are better - lol! It's like they took the Marvel side-scrolling beat-em-up and made it a fighting game... and it shows. :jerkoff:
Wow, have you ever played MVC?

MKF30

The game is not out anywhere... I personally love MVC2...

Also, they don't "work it", the game is all tag.
What I meant was do they allow tag modes in tournaments or just one on one, Sablicious said it's all bs more or less but he sounds like he's played it. I'm sure you have too, just wanted opinions on that.

MVC3 was played at a fight event about a month or 2 ago in Atlanta, I'll see if I can find the vids.

Wow, have you ever played MVC?
Regretably, yes. On GGPO in fact. It's a mess of infinites and broken characters.

If the game at least LOOKED good, not like some photosensitivity epilepsy generator, I might let its hyper-kinetic messiness slide. But I can see no redeeming aspects of this franchise beyond fan service. And even thus is a bit of a fail in MvC3 - Modok? RE characters? Boinic Commando?! o_0

Gen Wii, please... >_>