What's new

What do you do as a living?

Eh, thought this might be interesting, to find out what gamers do for a living, what social status do you consider yourself? This might give an idea of what kind of jobs are out there, plus something to post when you're bored.

Don't have to answer if you're uncomfortable stating social status, I'm just wondering because I'm trying to get some stuff before Gears of War 3, and it's expensive as hell, while all my other friends and peers are playing on friggin HD flat screen TVs, with multiple consoles and accessories. Maybe, I'm the only one who doesn't have this luxury ATM, I did once.

I'm currently a student, still figuring out my career path, and am interested in a variety of things to explore as a job opportunity. I was once, upper middle/middle class until I moved out to do my own things and now I consider my self pretty tight on cash. Lol!

hardwire

Noob
no job currently

just went back to school to become a systems security administrator thow.

so im hoping this time next year ill have a damn good job :)

I create pricing updates and shit that gets sent to the registers for a restaurant chain. It's a lot of SQL. It's horrible. Kill me.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
As my alter ego, I am a store associate at my local convenience store. Business has been a bit slow though, so my hours haven't been as great, so I couldn't buy games for the last two months or so. *Sadness*

I'll play Deus Ex: Human Revolution eventually...

I own a business. Very long road of jobs and college along the way. I was an accountant before I started the business. Sadly I have money for gaming but not a lot of time for actually playing games these days. Everything is a trade off.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I own a business. Very long road of jobs and college along the way. I was an accountant before I started the business. Sadly I have money for gaming but not a lot of time for actually playing games these days. Everything is a trade off.
when you're a kid you have time and energy, but no money

when you're an adult you have money and energy, but no time

when you retire you have money and time, but no energy

SlickDicMagnum

Mustacheality!
I'm in the Air Force and don't like it one bit, getting out next year.
You don't like the Chair Force!? You guys have it the easiest of any branch in the military and you don't like it? You got all the benefits of being in the military without most of the bullshit that goes with it.

Got my bachelors in Information Technology, was lucky enough to land a job in the IT department for a University, not only is it a really great job, Im also able to get my Masters degree for free.

I run a punch press in an auto parts factory. I pickup 1700 degree platters of forgings with tongs and then punch them out. It's really fun on a 95 degree day!

Programmer.. specifically C++, C#, ASP.NET and SQL. Bit of assembly for legacy systems here and there.

Working for an animal welfare charity at the moment.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Programmer.. specifically C++, C#, ASP.NET and SQL. Bit of assembly for legacy systems here and there.

Working for an animal welfare charity at the moment.
Im in school myself getting an associTes in computer info science. Gonn be taking a c++ course next semester. I surely will have tons of questions. You got answers?

Im a market development manager for coca cola. I chase new customers to try to get their business while juggling the existing customers to keep them happy. It really is a fun job

aj1701

Noob
I'm a software engineer, right now working for an internet company. I have a Bachelors in Computer Science. I've been donig Asp.Net since it came out, C#, Sql Server, etc. I'm doing ok, middle class. Love my job and work with a lot of great people. Of course my last job sucked, had a total moron for President of the company. But had no problem finding a new gig :)

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm a college student and currently jobless :(

BUT! Working hard on MOOOOOORTAL MONDAYYYYYYYYS!

Loot

the special effects
Working part time at a pizza place running the money, in school for engineering.