What's new

Question What defines a 10-0 MU?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
10-0 means 100-0 which also means 1000-0, which is impossible if you have any sense of balance in your game.

The worst MU in any NRS game was probably a perfect Zod doing IAFBs vs Lex, your movement became nonexistent, I can see that being a true 9-1. MK9 Kenshi vs Jade or SZ was a terrible MU but still was around 8-2.
Nah, it is bad. Talk to pig of the hut if you don't take my word for it.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Nah, it is bad. Talk to pig of the hut if you don't take my word for it.
Dude, this is not to say that 8-2s aren't a big deal because they are. A 9-1 happens when you can't do a fundamental part of the game like Lex having his movement mean absolutely nothing. At least with Kenshi vs Jade or SZ they have options, it might be shitty and completely outclassed by Kenshi but they can at least do something.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Dude, this is not to say that 8-2s aren't a big deal because they are. A 9-1 happens when you can't do a fundamental part of the game like Lex having his movement mean absolutely nothing. At least with Kenshi vs Jade or SZ they have options, it might be shitty and completely outclassed by Kenshi but they can at least do something.
I agree on Sub-Zero. He can do something if he gets Kenshi in the corner. Jade has little options. This has been discussed a lot, so there's no reason to anymore. Again, talk to Pig if you want answers from a kenshi main.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Magneto vs Haggar is 10-0

Mag can just throw a few disruptors/magnetic blasts, and then use repulsor for the rest of the round until he wins by timeout. It's literally not possible for Haggar to get around this.

nobody can 10-0 pipe dude.. its just not possible..hahahaha

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Magneto vs Haggar is 10-0

Mag can just throw a few disruptors/magnetic blasts, and then use repulsor for the rest of the round until he wins by timeout. It's literally not possible for Haggar to get around this.
Didn't Haggar win evo this year? It was in a team, but still. I think pig won't even comprehend the words of Jade being in grand finals against Kenshi, would be like trying to see into the forth dimention for him.

infamy23

FireBeard
Didn't Haggar win evo this year? It was in a team, but still. I think pig won't even comprehend the words of Jade being in grand finals against Kenshi, would be like trying to see into the forth dimention for him.
yeah he did because people use him for his amazing assist. but if you were ever to kill the first 2 characters and it was just haggar vs magneto left to fight 1v1, the game is over.

This has happened in tournaments before you can probably find some footage of fchamp doing it to viscant or something.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
yeah he did because people use him for his amazing assist. but if you were ever to kill the first 2 characters and it was just haggar vs magneto left to fight 1v1, the game is over.

This has happened in tournaments before you can probably find some footage of fchamp doing it to viscant or something.
UMVC is a team fighter, so I don't know if it applies here. Tag team with Scorpion in MK9 guarantees you victory for example.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Servbot vs. Dr. Doom/Sentinel in MVC2 is the closest I can think of to be honest. You could argue that just about any of the flying characters in MVC2 go 10-0 with the little guy but Sentinel and Doom have more health than the rest and better tools for hitting Servbot.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
A 10-0 is actually a 9-1 because a 10-0 basically means 100-0 and there is NO WAY to say at the highest level that it is impossible for one to win a single match, hence 9-1. The next worse are 8-2 and 7-3 which are also basically the same in meaning that the chance of winning are improbable but not impossible. MK9 had a few 9-1's such as Kenshi vs SZ Actually, Kenshi vs Jade was probably a 9-1 as well.
Or pre patch skarlett vs Sub Zero. I know you hated that one.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
To my understanding, a 10-0 means that it is literally impossible for "x" to beat "y". Has a true 10-0 ever existed in any fighting game? Is player skill taken into account? Please post any 10-0s that you're aware of and, if possible, explain why it is a truely unwinnable fight. Feel free to include other non-NRS fighters. I would love to see footage of a 10-0, but I have to know what those MUs are first.
Kenshi v Jade mk9