What's new

what controllers are people using for PC version of MKX?

I have a XboxOne controller and i am tempted to try a PS4 controller to see if it will help me with execution/run cancels (though i strongly suspect i just suck xD)

just interested to see what people are using

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter

C-Sword

Noob
There's a thread about how shitty the DualShock 4 is.

I'd say use the DualShock 2 or if you don't mind having fewer buttons, the Snes ASCii Pad.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
You will need a controller with shoulder buttons, because MB specials will be hard otherwise. I would get an original sega saturn pad (the japanese version) and a saturn to usb convertor. Combo should run you less than $50.

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
I like the PS2 controllers shoulder buttons more then the Dualshock 4's, but I like the quality of the 4's shoulders buttons better then the 2's.

Ultimately, if they did a remake of the PS2 controller for PS4/PC with better quality shoulder buttons that would be great. I think the Dualshock 4 has better quality button switches, the PS2 shoulder buttons need to be more durable. I wish they made over all better quality controllers period, a PBT omron switch controller would be totally sick. Their are $50 PC mice that are better quality then Dualshock controllers, controllers are overpriced for the quality you get.

Their is a market for higher quality controllers, take the PS2 controller, give it something equivalent to the quality of Cherry Red switches on a keyboard. Now your applying the same amount of pressure on the buttons, but getting a more responsive, and far longer lasting switch powering the button.

A stick is where it is at ultimately, but most MK players including myself prefer a controller for MK. If I played SF, I would switch to a stick, and then I can only assume that I would transition to using a stick for MK as well.