What's new

What character are you going to main, or thinking about?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just curious who you guys are thinking of maining now that you've had some time with the game.

Right now, Liu Kang is looking solid for me. Some really interesting stuff with him, plus I'm a Bruce Lee fan, lol. Tom Brady's guide on him is excellent, and Kang has what I want in order to compete.

I'm also looking at alternate mains: Smoke, Cyrax, Kung Lao, Ermac, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Reptile and Kitana.

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
Reptile and Shang Tusng.

they been there for me since Mk2, fit my play style and I like there character I will never betray them. lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
So far, and i havent used everyone, Robo Frio, Ermac, Kabal, Cryrax & Stryker are all possible choices.

maybe Kratos too.

oh....

Noob
Right now its Reptile, NW, and Smoke for me with Scorp as another alt. I really need to play more characters before I settle on a definite main, but Reptile is solid for me in terms of the way I like to play. Smoke is a little inconsistent... timing for him can be a pain in the ass...LOL

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ah yes, I forgot about Reptile. I will look into him as well, he kinda plays more like his UMK3 counter part than anyone based on the videos.

Yuna

Why am I so tall?
I'm still not entirely sure. I want a character who is competitively viable, but the go-to strong characters like Smoke and Kabal don't really mesh with me.
Noob Saibot is fun and I feel like I understand his style, but I know for a fact that anybody who can teleport is going to wreck his shit so hard.

Jade is another possibility. I love her pokes and the general feeling of safety with her. Like Noob, she doesn't seem to do much damage, but keeping opponents out is much easier with her than it is with a lot of people.

Sub-Zero is my main in the demo. He's really fucking good in this game, but I feel like I'm only continuing to play him because I know his combos. He isn't a character I really feel like I can play competitively.

After playing around with it yesterday for awhile, I'll be maining Smoke and Kung Lao. As a backup if I have time to learn, I'd like to try Nightwolf and Stryker.

I just don't know. I really wanted to get Baraka going, but I'll play a few rounds with him, have fun then jump on Smoke or Reptile. Think I have to get started on story or challenge modes to be forced into trying everyone first

Error Macro

It April yet?
Ermac most definitely. Kitana is surprising me in this game bigtime too. Shes very fun to use and has tons of good stuff

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile 100%.

I'm feeling Cyrax, Ermac, and Jax as well.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
i never was a scorpion fan and wanted to play ermac or sektor maybe. but after playing extensively in training mode w 10 or so guys im having a hard time getting off of scorpion!! His combos just flow for me and his easy fk fk and fp fp fp combos link so well and are so quick. Also spear is a projectile that does %40 dmg on hit and how many can say that? Air throw makes every jk more dmging and he has a teleport. I just cant shake him!

DrDogg

Noob
This has been really difficult for me. I've only played a few of the characters, but the lackluster training mode makes it difficult for me to explore the characters the way I need to in order to determine who I want to main.

For the time being, I'm playing Cage, but I expect that to change. I tried out Jax, Liu Kang, Sheeva and Stryker, but of those only Liu Kang is meshing with me. I would like to test out Kitana, Jade, Sonya, Nightwolf and a few others before I settle.

Some of the choices NRS made with this game really baffle me (most notably in training mode). It just makes it that much harder to get the information I want. -_-

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, I'm liking Kano. He feels very fun to play with.

So it's Reptile as a main, with Ermac, Cyrax, Jax, and Kano on the side.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
so far after 24 hours my number one main is sindel followed by raiden and stryker. sadly kitana I'm not liking as much and she's my favorite character in the Mk universe.

then again I need to actually play practice mode been online only thus far except for 3 mins with sindel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk