What's new

what are the requirements for MK2 and UMK3 on mame32k?

RoGE

Noob
I mean with sound (without the sound, almost any pc can run it)
I know its more than 800 Mhz...

T

TempesT

joe higashi said:
One million.
what he means to say is, MAME32k 0.64 is a horrible emulator to emulate that game. Although alot of people use it, I would probably say that the requirements are far above 1GHz.

ALSO: there arent any official requirements for that ROM. and

ALSO2: dan = butt wad

Out of all honesty, the requirements to run MKII or UMK3 with sound are one million.

Try the newest MAME since there are speed ups sometimes.

~dan

T

TempesT

ignore him, abc... I'll waste him in a game later for you ^_^

DAVE101 said:
TempesT said:
what he means to say is, MAME32k 0.64 is a horrible emulator to emulate that game.
Better than many of the newer versions, probably the best.
You're crazy. If you've ever used MAME 0.114 (the current version) or any version made after February 2003 in fact, you would see how poor MAME32k 0.64 is.

The fact that your computer can't spare the one hundred megabytes of ram to properly play games doesn't make MAME32k 0.64 any better than it isn't. Sure it doesn't take a lot, but the compatibility is utter crap, and you have to play old, ghetto romsets that only fooly coolys have in their basement.

~dan

ded

Elder God
selpex's pc is a monster (2gb ddr2, 512 video, p4 @ 3ghz+ or maybe more i dont remember) and he use 0.64k, i also know that dave's pc is very powerful because he can cap videos from mame with no framelost.

the deal is that it has the online moe cheat, its the universal online version and its most useable version. i will use 0.64k ;]

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah, after 64 the online aspect fails. So people tend to just use 64K offline too just because it's the only one you can really use online.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The reason for that is partially the difference in controls from MAME to MAME. If you are use to playing on 64 it's hard to immediately switch to another version. The next most common one I see is 67 which I have in my hot bar next to 64, and then if I play vs anyone here I use something in the .82u1, I never got anything after that cause I didn't need it.