What's new

What all would MK9's last patch include?

C-Sword

Noob
I'm confused, did NRS say they'd consider releasing a final patch at evo or this thread more wishful thinking?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I played Scorpion once a long time ago.
What he needs: d4 needs to be plus at least 8 on hit if not normalized.
To make him better: d3 is now plus 7 against crouching opponents and plus 3 vs standing opponents. Normalized.
To make him high mid: f3 needs to be faster like 20 frames.
A luxury buff: Would be making f43 plus 5 on hit and f3 more plus so Scorpion can guarantee a block string on hit.
An over kill buff: Make 334 0 on block. This would give him decent if gimmicky pressure.

With the pokes and the f3 buff he would be really good. The other buffs would make him a serious threat by giving his safe options more weight.
I don't see any of these as a luxury or overkill at all considering Cage has two 9 frame mids that lead to a standing reset. (although it's not the way I'd go about fixing him)

Make KL's tele 3 a high so they cant abuse it against large hitbox characters.
It can be punished standing, this isn't 2012.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Jade - Be able to hit confirm something other than a single hit into her overhead smash. like her 1,2 string or something.

Noob - I don't know exactly how it should be done, but his portals need to be a part of his zone game a bit more than they are.
Yes! Jade to be able to combo 1,2 into staff overhead! Noob: faster recovery on his black holes!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Nerf:
-Smoke and Cyrax resets
- Armor off of Lao's delayed 1 teleport
- Cooldown on Kabal's IAGB, no longer able to cancel EX dash.
- Kenshi's EX SC is no longer advantage, regular version is more punishable
- Sonya's cartwheel should be more negative.

Buff:
- Ermac EX tele is safe, his pokes aren't disadvantage on hit.
- Sub does more damage
- Kano's knives have less recovery
-Baraka's spin leads to a full combo
-Advantage is given on NW's grab
-Sindel gets armor on her cartwheel
-Shang's skulls are made faster (cancel advantage is adjusted accordingly) and SS bugs are fixed.
Scumbag for nerfing Smoke into the low-mid tier. Nerf the resets, but that character needs buffs to compete without them. The fact that no one even considers this is hilarious. People just see damage, demand nerfs, and look no deeper into the character.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Noob- Safe on block for his shadow tackle and slide, maybe a damage buff
Smoke- (should be patched out of the game imho) remove resets, make smoke bomb punishable, nerf his godlike overhead

Those are the only two characters that affect me, Noob is my main, and smoke is my cousins main. There is a special place in hell for smoke mains

Roko1985

Sony has NRS by the balls in some sort of agreement/contract thing with "PSV-exclusive content when porting", if I remember correctly.

Cyrax needs it! :p

Maybe removing the armor on his Eclipse Kick is all I could do away with, or reducing the hit advantage by 11 frames?
You know nothing about Cyrax then! He needs that armor!

STRYKIE

He'll no to the safe b2 overhead, better pokes is fine but he gets a full combo out of that move so why let him be safe from it. If you are going to commit to the overhead or low then you should be prepared to take the punish if you guessed wrong. Otherwise to for the safe overhead kick or mixup 11,1,111 pressure. If scorpions pokes are buffed and the top tiers are nerfed he could potentially become A+ tier in my eyes as he could play a safe traditional footsies game but if he's down big he has the best comeback factor in the game IMO.
I'd personally make it mid and safe rather than an overhead. He'd still have a good enough guessing game provided the other stuff is fixed. Besides, did you not notice Smoke has a faster safe overhead starter that leads to more damage without the reset? lol

This is why focus should come directly from the respective character forums.

Roko1985

Kano
Faster Knives
Choke hits mid, 0 on block (if it isn't already)
tighten the gaps in his strings
I think it'd be interesting if his air ball had less recovery on whiff.
Why do you want to make him DS from Injustice before the patch. No faster knifes. Give him mid on his grab and 0 on block instead! Some faster normals ant there you go.....top tier!

Sasuga

Noob
Also, shouldn't the focus be towards an Ultimate MK9 (or whatever it'd be called)? Doesn't change the fact that we'd be stuck with the input bug and a barebones training mode.
This. There is so much fundamentally flawed with the engine, they should make a UMK9 based on the injustice engine, IMO. MK9 will never be the game you want, no matter how much they pach it. I would buy it day one and drop I:GAU immediately for this.

Roko1985

I would say that Ermac should get armor on EX TKP or TKS, but that would be too much. What i would like to see though is:

1) Make his F4 a low combo starter.

2) Make his B1 an overhead combo starter.

3) Make his d3 plus on hit on standing opponents.

Ermac doesnt need armor, despite what many people say. The buffs i mentioned above, would make him top 10 material for sure.
B1 overhead and F4 low combo starter?!?! Wow! I can't agree with the F4 if he gets B1 overhead starter.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
B1 overhead and F4 low combo starter?!?! Wow! I can't agree with the F4 if he gets B1 overhead starter.
Why not ? Freddy has them and he is a much better zoner than Ermac. His damage out put is also very high. He can get up to 50% dmg with one bar. Also Ermac's B1 starter is really slow, so it can be fuzzy guarded. F4 on block is full combo punishable by the entire cast, since the second hit of F4 is a true high hit.

STRYKIE

This. There is so much fundamentally flawed with the engine, they should make a UMK9 based on the injustice engine, IMO. MK9 will never be the game you want, no matter how much they pach it. I would buy it day one and drop I:GAU immediately for this.
Spot on. And I'm still not convinced everyone would be satisfied with the new tier list anyway considering how many people are letting Freddy go under the radar. *facepalm*

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile:

Make Ex Dash Uninterruptable.
Make either d1 advantage on hit, or increase hit advantage on d3 vs standing characters.
Get rid of FB jump in corner glitch. (If Reptile tried to jump in after a forceball gets blocked in the corner he would get pushed back to jump distance)
Make Mileena's telekick sai whiff on Reptile when standing.

Smoke:

F4 causes hard knockdown removing reset

Cyrax:

Second net used in a combo causes immediate hard knockdown removing reset.
Lower block advantage on b2
Get rid of his OTG shenanigans in the corner.

Jax:

Ex ground pound causes an immediate hard knockdown removing reset.
F413 hits all crouching opponents.

Kenshi:

Spirit charge more punishable on block
Spirit charge tracking glitches fixed.

Jade:

Damage Buff.
Give U3 it's old hitbox back.
Get rid of all the gaps in her block strings.
Ex glow takes regular damage with super armor.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Spot on. And I'm still not convinced everyone would be satisfied with the new tier list anyway considering how many people are letting Freddy go under the radar. *facepalm*
I honestly wouldn't know what to do to Freddy except add A LOT more recovery on Glove Toss, and maybe make Hell Spikes a tad more punishable.

Error

DF2+R2
Why do you want to make him DS from Injustice before the patch. No faster knifes. Give him mid on his grab and 0 on block instead! Some faster normals ant there you go.....top tier!
His knives are still duckable, anyways his knives used to be faster but were nerfed. His normals have decent speed, their issue is having too many holes in them which means everyone can poke/armor out of his strings on block.

STRYKIE

I honestly wouldn't know what to do to Freddy except add A LOT more recovery on Glove Toss, and maybe make Hell Spikes a tad more punishable.
That's the problem, nobody plays him anymore so we don't know. Maybe we're just exaggerating Kenshi way too much?

There could be the odd chance that if we get UMK9 instead of a patch from this that they don't bother porting him over though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
That's the problem, nobody plays him anymore so we don't know. Maybe we're just exaggerating Kenshi way too much?

There could be the odd chance that if we get UMK9 instead of a patch from this that they don't bother porting him over though.
That's possible I suppose. I really think as long as they got rid of those full screen frame traps he would be fine. Maybe add a bit more startup to either b2 or b3 as well, they are both 11 frames and are both a low and an overhead. That's a little messed up, reacting to it is pretty rough.

That's possible I suppose. I really think as long as they got rid of those full screen frame traps he would be fine. Maybe add a bit more startup to either b2 or b3 as well, they are both 11 frames and are both a low and an overhead. That's a little messed up, reacting to it is pretty rough.

They're impossible to react to and lead to high 30s-40% damage, which is completely fucked.
Maybe let one of them be fairly quick but make the other 22-ish frames so you have at least some defense.

Other than that, the REAL problem with Freddy is his NMS. THAT shit is fucked.
You can wade all the way through his projectiles easily enough, but once you get within any sort of close proximity, OH GUESS WHAT I'M FULL SCREEN AGAIN IN HALF A SECOND GG.
On top of just allowing him to put literally an entire screen between you AGAIN, if he does happen to do it at a close range, it makes EVERYTHING whiff and then you get launched for a combo, which is safe if you do happen to block it.

Get rid of NMS. Period.

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
I've got Nightwolf covered, STORMS. All he needs is his F3 to hit low, his F2 to hit overhead, and being able to dash cancel out of his lightning.
F2 should hit mid and be neutral on block :) .. overhead? nah i don't think so. don't forget ex Axe as an unbreakable move & second hit should be overhead FFS

187x

Noob
He'll no to the safe b2 overhead, better pokes is fine but he gets a full combo out of that move so why let him be safe from it. If you are going to commit to the overhead or low then you should be prepared to take the punish if you guessed wrong. Otherwise to for the safe overhead kick or mixup 11,1,111 pressure. If scorpions pokes are buffed and the top tiers are nerfed he could potentially become A+ tier in my eyes as he could play a safe traditional footsies game but if he's down big he has the best comeback factor in the game IMO.
He needs it

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
They're impossible to react to and lead to high 30s-40% damage, which is completely fucked.
Maybe let one of them be fairly quick but make the other 22-ish frames so you have at least some defense.

Other than that, the REAL problem with Freddy is his NMS. THAT shit is fucked.
You can wade all the way through his projectiles easily enough, but once you get within any sort of close proximity, OH GUESS WHAT I'M FULL SCREEN AGAIN IN HALF A SECOND GG.
On top of just allowing him to put literally an entire screen between you AGAIN, if he does happen to do it at a close range, it makes EVERYTHING whiff and then you get launched for a combo, which is safe if you do happen to block it.

Get rid of NMS. Period.
Oh yeah I totally forgot about NMS, yeah that was hands down the worst thing about that character I agree.

ipkis

DR
kabal= tone down iagb
sub-zero= f4 faster start up, 0 on block, increase damage a litle bit, ice pudle faster start up.
kitana= B3 hit low or armor on ass
kenshi= A few more recovery frames on spirit charge and /or less push back
cyrax= bye reset
smoke= bye reset
jax= bye reset
sonya= ex cartweel less safe.
Quan chi= better d1 6 frames please
Nightwolf=F3 hit low