What's new

Weekly UltimateMK XBL and Kaillera Tournaments Update: 8-26

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah guy I know who wants to help, but now we're actually getting something set up. I'll give updates in due time.

Crazy Dominican said:
I think its a great idea.. having tournaments every week. Maybe you can invite Lex and moe to participate.

MOE is on UMK3 Vacation :-p

But yeah this sounds like a great idea , and as posted earlier i can help out every saturday ;)

dubson

Noob
Yoshi2085 said:
Crazy Dominican said:
I think its a great idea.. having tournaments every week. Maybe you can invite Lex and moe to participate.

But yeah this sounds like a great idea , and as posted earlier i can help out every saturday ;)
Vacation? or Retirement?

Dubson said:
Yoshi2085 said:
Crazy Dominican said:

Vacation? or Retirement?
His motto says vacation , but it's been one LOOOOOOONG ass vacation.

KingBizhop said:
Maybe you can invite Lex and Moe to participate.

maybe NOT ...
1. LAG.
2. shit talk.
3. work/school.
I'm not gonna play in these cause of lag. I cant beat even the scrubbiest players cause my block button sticks in lag/delayed rooms. Fucks my whole game up. Just stress's me out and pisses me off. Not worth it.

Yoshi2085 said:
Dubson said:
Yoshi2085 said:
Crazy Dominican said:

Vacation? or Retirement?
People can afford it. And if they can afford it they deserve it.

Are these gonna be on saturdays like they were before? Ideally for me personally they'd be on sundays cause I usually like to go out and party thurs-sat nights. Weekend nights are for socializing...weekend days are for videogames to me. Sunday is the kind of relaxed lay around and game day that would fit perfectly. I'm sure a lot of people have work and can't play during the day or late though so it probably won't work out the way I want.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
If we can impliment the easy automated system, we can have tournaments Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. The amount of work in running a tournament online is tough because it's either hectic in one night, or drawn out over weeks.

Shock said:
If we can impliment the easy automated system, we can have tournaments Friday Saturday and Sunday nights. The amount of work in running a tournament online is tough because it's either hectic in one night, or drawn out over weeks.
Hahah yeah I've definately noticed that. I think for the sake of getting them running smoothly and effectively each weekly should be left to a limited number of people on a first come/first sign up basis...like 16 would be ideal, maybe even 8. The amount of difficulty that comes with 32 is a major headache looking at past tourneys.

I don't know how you'd manage to keep it fair for everyone who wants to play as some who want to play may get locked out, but that'd be my recommendation as to what to go with if only to ensure an easier to deal with regular setting. As far as how that would hurt ranks and all that, I guess that's an animal you'd have to deal with when you got to it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So long as we have a system that players can access easily during the tournament we can have a lot of players, uneven amounts, etc. I think we'll be able to add more and more features to make this concept work amazingly well and be rather extravagant. I have a ton of ideas, but for now I want to get something that players will be able to just click who won, and store the user names, nicks, and gamertags, with a bracket system that works on it's own.

Shock said:
So long as we have a system that players can access easily during the tournament we can have a lot of players, uneven amounts, etc. I think we'll be able to add more and more features to make this concept work amazingly well and be rather extravagant. I have a ton of ideas, but for now I want to get something that players will be able to just click who won, and store the user names, nicks, and gamertags, with a bracket system that works on it's own.
Its gonna be hard just for the fact that people sign up and then dont show up. :?

ZAQ

Noob
And since they will be happening often, the rules can be a little more strict for no shows. Deadlines for brackets etc. That is the bulk of the problem. If people think they have more slack, they just put it off until the last second. After all we are a video game community, which are generally slackers. :lol:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'll try to find some other ways to do it but right now I think this is the best way to at least get some numbers going.

Yoshi2085 said:
Dubson said:
Yoshi2085 said:
Crazy Dominican said:

Vacation? or Retirement?
I set my motto up like that because I was receiving at least 20 messages a day that I sucked at UMK3 or they would own me. It got very annoying, I have not touched the game since that day, and the funny thing is the messages stopped.

KingBizhop said:
Maybe you can invite Lex and Moe to participate.

maybe NOT ...
1. LAG.
2. shit talk.
3. work/school.
Bizhop pretty much has it correct. If I were to join I would random and not take it serious like the last online tournament I participated in. Working ~60 hour weeks and school, playing umk3 is at the bottom of my priority list. Although this is a holiday weekend I might be able to play some UMK3 unless I run out and buy BioShock.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The whole point of running frequent tournaments is so a mulititude of players on here can get in on it and we can develope a ranks system to bring in more members to the site. Not everyone has to be available all the time. If it is point based totally on placement, players who place high won't have to play so often to stay there so long as they always place high but they can't just win once and sit out forever and chill at the top. I have a lot of ideas on how to rank players, it's probably going to be similar to how big sites rank players who attend a lot of tournaments. Remember even though it's netplay, anyone playing is choosing to participate. If some members don't look at it realistically at all, they don't have play. For the site, it's a fun thing to do and make it worth remaining a member.

www.mygamingladder.com

Not sure if anyone is willing to pay/pitch in for something like this, or if there's something like this that doesn't cost anything, just a suggestion.

I was part of a ladder system from this site, (for a different game) seemed to work nicely and makes it easy for players.

MOE30W said:
Bizhop pretty much has it correct. If I were to join I would random and not take it serious like the last online tournament I participated in. Working ~60 hour weeks and school, playing umk3 is at the bottom of my priority list. Although this is a holiday weekend I might be able to play some UMK3 unless I run out and buy BioShock.
If you get Bioshock, I guarantee you won't touch UMK3 nor Gears. :lol:

Annihilator83 said:
MOE30W said:
If you get Bioshock, I guarantee you won't touch UMK3 nor Gears. :lol:
LOL you are right I have been playing BioShock for a couple hours now and I just got the RROD :(

MOE30W said:
LOL you are right I have been playing BioShock for a couple hours now and I just got the RROD :(
Oh shit, well I wasn't implying that was going to happen, but now I know why I won't see you online for awhile now. :x