What's new

**WEEK 19** STBL Show questions Thread!!

S1LENT1

Shadow Priest
**WEEK 19** STBL Show questions Thread!!

http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1

Hello everyone... thank you all for watching and making each episode a success.

Character : CYBER SUB-ZERO

Date : SUNDAY Sept 25th

Time : 7pm pacific, 10pm eastern

Guest : PigoftheHut !!

** post all questions in this thread **

Thank you all for watching, see you next show!!

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
What are cyber sub's biggest weaknesses and what is the best way to exploit them when playing against him? Also, while playing him, what are the best ways to avoid others exploiting those weaknesses?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Cyber Sub Zero vs. Reptile.

Is this matchup a 5-5 or does anyone have an advantage? I used to think the matchup is even but now it seems like Reptile has an advantage.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey Silent and Tom, as usual thanks for a legendary show. Its helped me a lot.
Anyways my questions are:
1) Is is the majority of his game based around 2,1 pressure mixed with d+3? Also when you check the person with the 1+2 and it happens to launch them, what should you follow with? Should i just finish the combo with U+4 into slide?
2) What should you do after succesfully landing a B+3,2? Currently i just do b+2,2 into mid bomb and then pressure on wake up, or b+2,2 into slide
3) Why is shang tsung vs Cyber sub so favourable for cyber sub? I've had absolutely no experience in this match up
4) Is 3,3,2 and 3,4 mixups worth anything because it can easily be fuzzy guarded?
5) Off a naked freeze when their in the air, what is the best combo to maximise damage? Currently im doing njp, 2,1,1+2 into slide.
6) How does the dash change affect his game?
7) What options does he have against characters with good air control and anti airs? Is it just dash in d+3's, B+2,2 and whiffed dive kicks?
8) After a d+3 that lands, what stops the opponent from crossing over because im pretty sure it doesnt give advantage like a d+4 would? Or do i just needa anticapate the cross over and njp?

Anyways thanks in advance silent
Awesome show as usual

Can you give a general breakdown of the character from the standpoint of playing AGAINST them (e.g. general weaknesses, problems that could be exploited, strategies to use, etc.).

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
First of all, i'm banned from the chatroom for some reason, can you fix this? haha.

Can you comment on the CSZ vs Kitana match? I'm a Kitana player and have played against many good CSZ's who I've been able to easily shut down, it makes me feel bad sometimes for beating them.

Also, Tom, will you be playing strictly Sub Zero at Devastation now? Will you be dropping Kung Lao for good?

Truth

Noob
Hi Silent and Tom just have 2 basic questions:

1. Thoughts on the patch? Can you provide the fans with your input on how the game will now be played?

2. Can CZ0 now dash in and do a down poke with this new patch fixing negative edge?

Can you guys talk about Cyber Sub's general playstyle a bit? I like the character, but I have trouble even figuring out what he does best (rushdown, defense, zoning, etc.). He seems unfocused as a character, but maybe that's my own lack of understanding. Specifically, what are his primary methods/sources of offense, defense, and damage?

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
hey guys: great job keeping the show alive.

1) why the hell doesnt Cyber Sub have an "invisible hitbox" on his teleport like cyrax does? like wtf..
2)is using the hitstun after a successful u4 in conjunction with a teleport a legitimate way to mix up the opponent? there has been some disagreement over this

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Hey pig ! I was wondering after playing Cyber sub now for a few months do you feel that you could take him all the way in a major tournament like evo? Also when are you Georgia guys coming down to some florida tourny's and take our money! Lets go we need that Rivalry!

Shout outs to Silent for hosting this show and bringing on the top players of each char on here and letting us pick their brain good stuff man.

Any chance somebody recorded this episode? I was busy when it came on. Free unicorn to those who recorded it! Its name is Larry :3