What's new

Strategy - Shinnok "We Have To Make Netherrealm Great Again" #buffshinnok

Immortal

Blind justice....
I know of a certain Kenshi player who would Iove to see Alien get the shit Hell Sparked out of his broken DLC ass after what happened at Final Round. We have to fight our battles together and in the end, we will all get our buffs. Now, for a better, buff filled tomorrow, join us in making Netherrealm great again. Vote Shinnok, 2016.
Yeah, Pig was a "bit" salty after that lose at FR top 32 losers to broken ass Alien. Can't blame him thou. I would be pissed too if i lost to a broken DLC char at big tournament.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
This thread is for real the shit! I'm without a doubt picking up Shinnok now. Best buff thread in the history of TYM. It's so... positive and fun.

I feel weird.

The only buff I want Shinnok to have is an EX Mimicry special that lets him copy the opponent's entire moveset of normals and specials (the variationless moveset if necessary) for ten seconds, replacing his own moveset for that period of time. For balancing purposes, there should be a short cooldown for Mimicry afterwards. Make Impostor Shinnok a true impostor by allowing him do almost everything his opponent can do. #MK4 #ShangTsungPls #ShinnokPunchwalk

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
The only buff I want Shinnok to have is an EX Mimicry special that lets him copy the opponent's entire moveset of normals and specials (the variationless moveset if necessary) for ten seconds, replacing his own moveset for that period of time. For balancing purposes, there should be a short cooldown for Mimicry afterwards. Make Impostor Shinnok a true impostor by allowing him do almost everything his opponent can do. #MK4 #ShangTsungPls #ShinnokPunchwalk

and PLEASE let's call EX mimicry "Soul Steal" <3

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Would likely be broke, yet insanely cool.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Make amulet safer, ex amulet to have more consistent pushback so you can always jail to f4, no matter the string.

Improve hitbox on flick or make it faster, make skeleton grab MBable on hit.

Make ex unblockable give an ground pound effect since it's basically the same as regular one atm.

Make his bone hands stay during fatalities.

#makebonehandsgreatagain

I always thought of Ex Mimicry stealing all the variation specific traits, everything that has a variation sign near it in the move list. Normals, specials, Summons, passive abilities.

Although I love finding creative ways to whiff useless moves and finding the use for some of them I would also like to propose for regular mimicry to steal Ex Nut Punch from Cage, Ex Sand Granade from Erron Black, Ex Bicycle kick from Liu Kang (with the overhead in the end- unsafe but leads to a pop up), Ex Puddle from D'Vorah, Ex Shocker from Raiden,Ex Scemeter Slam from Predator ( or let him use the Mimicry out of the Stealth so that stealth disappears as soon as the Mimicry is used), Killing Machine is ok for Jason but ONLY if you can use Mimicry (armor disappears as soon as you use the Mimicry), Ex Kano ball from Kano which you can cancel to continue the combo, Ex Fist Flurry for Takeda, Ex Dive Kick from Kung Jin, maybe normal flip kick from Cassie (although I love Ex Akimbo ), Ex Punch Walk from Goro, of course the Ex version of Ice ball from Sub-zero, Ex Claw from Reptile, the crawl from Alien is an awesome idea, also for Smoke the Spear would be more preferable than the smoke bomb, Ex Fart for Bo Rai Cho but it isn't necessary since Bo himself needs meter to combo with it)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I always thought of Ex Mimicry stealing all the variation specific traits, everything that has a variation sign near it in the move list. Normals, specials, Summons, passive abilities.

Although I love finding creative ways to whiff useless moves and finding the use for some of them I would also like to propose for regular mimicry to steal Ex Nut Punch from Cage, Ex Sand Granade from Erron Black, Ex Bicycle kick from Liu Kang (with the overhead in the end- unsafe but leads to a pop up), Ex Puddle from D'Vorah, Ex Shocker from Raiden,Ex Scemeter Slam from Predator ( or let him use the Mimicry out of the Stealth so that stealth disappears as soon as the Mimicry is used), Killing Machine is ok for Jason but ONLY if you can use Mimicry (armor disappears as soon as you use the Mimicry), Ex Kano ball from Kano which you can cancel to continue the combo, Ex Fist Flurry for Takeda, Ex Dive Kick from Kung Jin, maybe normal flip kick from Cassie (although I love Ex Akimbo ), Ex Punch Walk from Goro, of course the Ex version of Ice ball from Sub-zero, Ex Claw from Reptile, the crawl from Alien is an awesome idea, also for Smoke the Spear would be more preferable than the smoke bomb, Ex Fart for Bo Rai Cho but it isn't necessary since Bo himself needs meter to combo with it)
Getting only launchers or combo extenders would require less creativity since most combos would be the same. It would be a huge buff though.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Give him A-List f3 cancels
Give him Jax's Frames
Give him Liu Kang zoning for 30 minutes that carries over into other matches
Give him Kitana's hurtbox
Give him D'vorah's SQ puddle
Give him a Lao EX spin
Give him pre-patch HQT zoning
Give him Reptile's OH
Give him Alien rekka's

Getting only launchers or combo extenders would require less creativity since most combos would be the same. It would be a huge buff though.
Yeah man, that is what I meant by saying I like the creativity it takes to find the use for some of the moves, but as @D. R. has stated sometimes it is a complete hype killer to see Imposter steal some moves only to waste them as using them puts him into an unfavorable situation. It also makes it look like a bad game design from the spectators point of view. But that would be a huuuuuuge buff for some MU)

JUDGEMENT IS AT HAND!!!!

So, I've watched the top tiers. I've dealt with them all my life. If you can't make a balanced tier bracket not dominated by a couple top tier then there's something wrong with you and you're not very good.

And that's what we have representing us.

They will never make Netherrealm great again. They don't even have a chance. Their balance is controlled fully by the WB's favoritism, the QA department, TYM nerf threads and the online warriors. FULLY, yes they control them. Hey, I have online warriors. I have online warriors I train with! They're great! But you know what?

Balance won't happen. It won't happen because we have to stop crying for nerfs for some characters because it is destroying our tiers and we have to stop and it has to stop now.

Now, Netherrealm needs, Netherrealm needs a truly great leader and we need a truly great leader now. We need a leader that took a stand against the untested, top tier DLC Tanya menace of CEO 2015 and the unpaid victory of EGL. We need a leader that can bring back the hype, dominate more top 8s and secure 1st place victories. To win tournaments! Our initial roster has been abandoned! And we also need to bring back the hypest.

You know, when Noob Saibot got top 8 at CEO 2012, I said, "well the one thing I think he'll do well is bring the hype for Netherrealm. I think he'll be fun to watch. He was low tier, he was gimmicky, I really thought that he'd bring the hype."

TYM: "But he was garbage!!!"

He wasn't top tier, that's true, you're right about that TYM.

But he wasn't hype. He was the realization that top tiers dominate no matter what. He was the opposite of top tier. We need somebody who can take the Netherrealm hype and make it great again. It's not great again. We need somebody that will literally take the Netherrealm and make it great again. We can do that and I will tell you, I love Mortal Kombat, it's fun. The reviews and players say "It's fun, regardless of the tiers." You know all my life I've heard that "once top tier you can't ask for buffs again." It just can't happen. And yet that's the kind of mindset that you need to make Netherrealm great again, so ladies and gentlemen. I am officially campaigning for

BUFFS for Shinnok. And...

WE ARE GOING TO MAKE THE NETHERREALM GREAT AGAIN!!

Now I've thought long and hard on this and yes, I'm campaigning for more buffs in 2016. It started with Imposter Shinnok but now it's universal for all his variations because I support equality. Remember the days of CEO 2015 and how hype everyone was for Bone Shaper but then Tanya showed up and the crowded booed and denounced MKX because of her broken teleport and braindead set play? Well if Final Round is any indication of where we're headed, it's happening again so let's not repeat history! We got DLC coming in here, invalidating our original roster, raping our top players, and making the game boring. Earthrealm will fall. I plan to put up a wall of Hell Sparks, a huge wall, built with so much meter it'll carry anyone hit well past fullscreen. And you know who's gonna supply the meter? Earthrealm. That's right. No more jumping in free and mashing buttons, then changing to broken DLC when your tactics don't work. Oh no, it stops now. Serve me and live!!! We have to make Netherrealm great again. Vote Shinnok, 2016. #buffshinnok

My proposed buffs are as follows:

Universal:

- Make the strings 112 and 312 NEVER whiff again!!! At times, the strings 1(1)2 and 3(1)2 whiff randomly off jump in conversions or punishes. This is unacceptable and must be fixed as he can be punished ON HIT! My proposed buff will extend the horizontal hitbox of each string (11 and 31) so that this is never an issue again and/or increase the hit advantage of 1 and 3 on their own.

- Make Amulet (bf1) 9 frame start up instead of 16 and make it -7 on block with pushback instead of -11. The core mechanic of this move (available in Imposter and Necro) is to deflect or absorb projectiles somewhat like Kotal Kahn's parry, but at its current speed, that is near impossible unless you are fullscreen away. My proposed buff will make this move function as intended and give Shinnok an option to end combos instead of pure reliance on hell sparks. All of his frame data leaves him -6 or more anyways with the exception of a couple random pokes and MB Hell Spark so this isn't asking much.

- Remove the gap before AND after the kick in f224. SR Takeda can f122+4xxclosekunai at his will. My proposed buff will give Shinnok the advancing string he needs without fear of being armored freely. The string can stay -18 on it's own and can still be terrible on whiff but this buff along with the Amulet buff will make this string a viable tool in Shinnok's arsenal when used correctly. If we want to build a wall of Hell Sparks, we need all the ways to build meter we can get.

- Make EXbf3 (Krushing Shoulder) so that the Hell Spark animation comes out on block and leaves him at -7 with excessive pushback BUT there is a gap before it comes out, ie two hits from shoulder charge (gap) Hell Spark. Currently the move is 12 frame start up and -15 on block, death on whiff. It's some what useless and we can't have any form of useless if we plan to make Netherrealm great again.

- Give b2 the "Big Leg" treatment, ie make it more plus on block. Currently, b2 is 17 frame start up and +2 on block. My proposed buff would make this move +6 on block, making it a viable tool in the neutral for keep out. When we analyze some of the other "Big Leg" moves, we see that Kotal Kahn's kick is 23 frame start up and +9 or 23/9, Kitana's is 30/11, Raiden's is 25/6 and Takeda's is 20/9. I see an Outworlder, an Edenian, and an Earthrealmer have all benefited from this so it's time to share the wealth with the Netherrealm's most respected ambassador. In finding the average of all of these numbers, we come up with a factor of 2.8. This variable is the multiplier thus used to approximate how many frames of advantage b2 should receive, which rounds to 6, thus +6. The calculation is as follows: 17 / 2.8 = 6.071428.... or 6. I'm going to a community college. I'm very highly educated. I know math. I have the best mathematics.
Tl;dr Make b2 on block +6.

- Make standing 3 low. Now, I've heard the people. I listen. I'm a people person and the people have spoken; Make standing 3 a low because it looks like a low and has low move properties. It's simple. It's so simple. Now you made this mistake once NRS with Nightwolf in MK9, don't do it again here. Nightwolf and a prominent Nightwolf player is on our side now and he agrees it should be low so we don't suffer like he did all those years of being mid "tear." If Nightwolf supports making Netherrealm great again, you should too.
- Endorsed by @Big D

Necromancer:

- Make 312xxdf4 always hit midscreen. Why does this whiff? Why? It makes no damn sense. Time for some action. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

- Make bf2 (Devil's Flick) track a running target. Now, I get it NRS. You want the game to be rushdown heavy, with your "50/50s" and your "33/33/33s." I get it. Know what would be nice? Some ZONING!!! Get this buff in there and let's make Netherrealm great again.

Imposter:

- From Kenshi, steal Rising Karma instead of Rising Sword. Now when I think of Kenshi, I think of Rising Karma, not Rising Sword, I mean come'on now. This should of been obvious what the people wanted. "Ah, I'm Kenshi, I'm blind! AHHH!! Rising Sword!! Ah, I'm the Kenshi variation that no one cares about!! Rising Sword!" This is 2016! No Rising Sword, Rising Karma! *SMH*

- From Takeda, steal Fist Whirlwind instead of Tornado Kick. Nothing is more anti-hype then watching an Imposter burn the move immediately because it is trash. With this proposed buff, Imposter will gain access to more interesting combo variations with a move that's actually worthwhile. Lets promote hype here and make Netherrealm great again.

- From Sub-Zero, steal Ice Blast instead of Ice Ball. Ice Ball is a terrible move for Imposter since it only combos off 112 and a Hell Spark pop up. Ice Blast? Not so much. That will combo off anything. Make the change and make Netherrealm great again.

- From Smoke, steal Smoke Bomb instead of Smoke Cloud. Smoke Cloud creates a weird combo situation because it's an illegal move for Imposter to have so it has to disappear quickly. I'm all for legalizing the smoke move and as such the smoke can stay around longer which in turn means Smoke Bomb can be a thing. Ya know I've known Imposters very, very low on health and for whatever reason the Smoke Bomb benefits them, really helps them.

- From Jason, steal Pursuit (Red Screen) instead of Killing Machine. Do you want to see the Imposter vs. Jason match up ever? Me too. 86 Killing Machine and give Imposter Red Screen otherwise whenever it's Shinnok vs. Jason, you'll be watching Bone Shaper vs. Jason and I'm sure that's something everyone can enjoy...

- From Alien, steal Quick Dash ( EX Low Krawl) instead of Tail Slam. Look, don't get me started on Alien. People have always asked me do I have a plan for the DLC? For Alien? And I said "Look, the DLC is making a tremendous amount of money because they own the pay to win crowds, some tournament players and some online warriors." ... I would Hell Spark the shit out of them. With my proposed buffs, I would Hell Spark those suckers til they are six feet below the lowest of trash tier. Then I'll rebuild with the original roster. You ever seen how great these guys are? They'll get picked up and I'll steal their moves. And I said I'll take their moves... Their moves..............
.... Now, *clears throat* about this Quick Dash. Imagine Imposter crawling on the ground really fast like something out of Exorcist. That's what Quick Dash will allow Imposter to do, along with giving him a restand. Sounds and looks cool, right? Implement this change and let's make Netherrealm great again!

Boneshaper:

- Make f221+3 hit reliably after b3.

TYM: "He doesn't need anymore buffs!! He'll be OP!!!"
........... Well just so you understand, I don't know anything about 2016 Bone Shaper, ok? I don't even know what you're talking about with being "O.P." I don't know, I mean, I don't know. What I do know is I plan to make Netherrealm great again. Vote Shinnok, 2016.

Thank you all for your time and understanding. I sense we're going to have some hecklers so if you see one, I want you to punch them right in the face. Just let them have it. That's how things are handled in Mortal Kombat. Lord Shinnok will cover your legal fees as he continues to fight the good fight. With these proposed buffs, DLC won't stand a chance. Now, embrace the darkness and join us on the campaign trail...

And if you oppose me, you are a fool, YOU

Vote Shinnok, 2016. #buffshinnok

#NoobforDLC
I'm all for a custom imposter Shinnoks like as you pick him you choose what move you steal for example: let's say I was playing against Jason and I wanted jax's ground pound I would just choose it I think this would make him a balanced character #shinnokforpresident lols

Death

Noob
I have been playing Necromancer for quite a while as a fun side character and I must say this variation is garbage. You literally have to outplay the other player tremendously to even compete to be honest. Not sure about the standing 3 buff because that can be to much for imposter? I think if you are able to MB the grab on hit would be a nice buff and making ex flick an over head. Better tracking on flick as well.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I, and legions of Kitana players (...so like 5 of us) will stand with Lord Shinnok in his campaign to make the Netherrealm great again.

Hell, we will relinquish our half of it. You have to talk to Liu about his half, in confidence of the great Shinnok fixing one simple wrong into the right it clearly should be.

....grant us our f2 overhead.

:DOGE

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I, and legions of Kitana players (...so like 5 of us) will stand with Lord Shinnok in his campaign to make the Netherrealm great again.

Hell, we will relinquish our half of it. You have to talk to Liu about his half, in confidence of the great Shinnok fixing one simple wrong into the right it clearly should be.

....grant us our f2 overhead.

:DOGE
Kitana buffs? HAHAHAHAHAH!

Sure why not? As long as balanced Kenshi gets his OH were cool.