What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn water god kotal kahn (DLC variation)

RYX

BIG PUSHER

this variation as teased by NRS, the details and release date are unknown

my sourcerors tell me that this new variation includes a move called "Dance of Tears," in which he will drop to his knees and beg the water god for buffs. supposedly a % chance on whether he receives said buff

when his request fails kotal kahn gains a new move for a short time; "Water Blast" where Kotal Kahn fires a stream of water from his eyes, presumably over not being buffed

in addition he also has the "Level Up" move in which he taunts the opponent to deride him with comments like "But Kotal Kahn, you are already good! You do not need buffs!" if Kotal's next attack is blocked, he can immediately recast the Dance of Tears with no risk to himself as the opponent pities him for trying to open them up

to further entice you to pick him, Kotal Kahn's Blood Offering is twice as fast as he cuts his wrist instead. However, the song "Crawling" by Linkin Park will play until all three charges are used.

what do you guys think? i'm a little peeved that NRS is now withholding variations from us, but it's good that they're still looking to innovate their game

OMG hahaha

I feel a bit upset he didn't get any buff regading the startup of his sun disk, I was think about a faster blood offering (35 frames) so we could combine it like the totems in the Blood God variation...

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You forgot his new command grab though, Salt Shaker. He grabs the opponent and shakes them violently while yelling "THIS IS ED BOON'S FAULT". It's another self harming buff, but it actually buffs the opponent because Kotal doesn't need any buffs because he's fine.

It's an improvement over Sun God's command grab as it doesn't throw the opponent to the other side of the fucking screen. It throws them slightly off stage and just out of reach, where they point and laugh at you.