What's new

Warner Bros/NetherRealm Studios to Deliver $1K Pot Bonus for MK9 at East Coast Throwdown 4!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
As very recently confirmed by East Coast Throwdown 4 organizers, SweetJohnnyCage and L.I.Joe, we can safely say that Warner Bros. / NetherRealm Studios has upped the "hype" bar for Mortal Kombat 9 at East Coast Throwdown 4 by delivering a pot bonus of $1,000! Next month on June 9th & 10th, get ready! This is a "Road to Evo" event that will take place in Morristown, New Jersey. If you need additional details on this event, go here. Also, an importnant note about registration, to pre-register and save $15 click here. Note: Emergency registration is ONLY available until 10:30AM Saturday only and will cost you $40 - Don't wait! Pre-register now!

"Get some of that $1K Pot Bonus - Mortal Kombat 9, son!"

(click image to go to official ECT site)
ect4.jpg

Press Release:
East Coast Throwdown has been the home to some of the best Mortal Kombat kompetitions since the events began. We were the first tournament to stream Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 back in 2010 (hard to believe that was already 2 years ago) and have worked closely with the MK Kommunity on nearly every aspect of East Coast Throwdown. These guys are the definition of die-hard fans. It is because of this dedication and respect that they have for their games as well as this tournament that we always try our hardest to give back to them. It is for this reason that we are ecstatic to announce that WB Games and NetherRealm Studios will be providing prizes for East Coast Throwdown 4!
WB Games and NetherRealm Studios have been more than dedicated to the community supporting their games and have shown nothing but respect for them over this past tournament season. Tournaments are a huge reason why so many games are kept alive and to acknowledge this, WB Games and NetherRealm Studios will be throwing in an extra $1,000 to the tournament pot for Mortal Kombat!
We are very happy to have these guys on board this year with East Coast Throwdown 4 and we hope that this is the beginning of a great relationship. Let's hear it for WB Games and NetherRealm Studios!
WB Games and NetherRealm Studios are prize providers only and are in no way involved in the creation, execution, administration or fulfillment of the tournament.

Attachments

Albo

Noob
God bless you NRS. Nice to know they're still supporting the competitive community especially recently.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Wow. NRS making amends for the Vita glitches big time.
Glad to see them putting out to support the scene, this is fucking awesome.

You know, it may be because of the Vita. It probably is.

But my hope is that NRS is doing this because they recognize that communitiy events are important to the growth of this game's competitive scene , including the growth of this game at MLG.

Community events bring in new fans, new players who are from other games, and get more eyes on the game, which then in turn brings more players and fans to MLG, and helps the game overall. Abandoning them would be a heavy mistake.

I don't see how providing Pot Bonuses is related to MK Vita. If I were a new commer I'd be inclined to buy MK KE than MK Vita because tournaments are on Console, not Vita.

My best guess would be, MLG's involvement has WB seeing the potential of the success of MK, especially after all the CBSi exposure/deal on a Corporate level, last time they were involved was with G4/PDP, again it was on a Corporate level. That and, NRS wants the community to keep strong until MK 10, and 2012 to be as strong as 2011. It gives a incentive.

VSM is peaking at 500-600 viewers, I remember when we were at 80-150. MK is def getting fresh eyeballs.

You know, it may be because of the Vita. It probably is.

But my hope is that NRS is doing this because they recognize that communitiy events are important to the growth of this game's competitive scene , including the growth of this game at MLG.

Community events bring in new fans, new players who are from other games, and get more eyes on the game, which then in turn brings more players and fans to MLG, and helps the game overall. Abandoning them would be a heavy mistake.
In defense of NRS and WB, this was actually in the planning stages before MLG Columbus. But regardless, we're more than happy to have these guys aboard. Get hype!

In defense of NRS and WB, this was actually in the planning stages before MLG Columbus. But regardless, we're more than happy to have these guys aboard. Get hype!
Oh wasn't trying to insult NRS. Just saying I hope this is a sign of continuing interest in supporting community events like ECT4.

They want there game to go far,this is the right thing to do...
Also we need more patches to patch smoke resets and glitch and input bugs already.
Why did you add hotfix to the game only to drop all patch support 6months into the games release. confused.