What's new

walk fwrd /dash fwrd d1 =special move -_- pleeez fix!!!

am i the only one with this problem??? i advise anyone reading to go into training with default controls with a character who has a down back special move such as grundy s air grab and try to walk fwrd/dash fwrd d1 and see wat happens ..release check does notthing for this negative edge nonsense and alt controls make things harder that would be easier on default i shouldnt be force to play on these setting because walk fwrd d1 on my preferred settings will lead to me eating a full punish .. how did this slip by nrs???

Tolkeen

/wrists
am i the only one with this problem??? i advise anyone reading to go into training with default controls with a character who has a down back special move such as grundy s air grab and try to walk fwrd/dash fwrd d1 and see wat happens ..release check does notthing for this negative edge nonsense and alt controls make things harder that would be easier on default i shouldnt be force to play on these setting because walk fwrd d1 on my preferred settings will lead to me eating a full punish .. how did this slip by nrs???
I don't have this issue and I have alternate controls on and input check off. The reason you have the problem is the alternate controls. If you are tired of it happening, then you need to switch. And if you refuse to do that, then you're unfortunately out of luck. MK was the same way and people learned to get around it. I know it's annoying now, and alternate controls seem intimidating, but give it time and you will get it. Goodluck, and keep at it.

1) what are you talking about?
2) there's actually a pretty substantial difference with releace check off. with it off d1b(whatever) wont come out as db1 special move (for example), it'll come out as d1b(whatever). sure, d/b diagonal 1 might still come out as db1, but that's your input error, not a negative edge issue.
3) what the hell are you talking about? lol. Your post literally doesnt make any sense

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Id suggest alternate contols because the game reads diagonals (from my experience) as two inputs, much like SF4 and it can be alittle unforgiving at times. If you have to put an extra input before you hit down, like back or neutral for example. I use to have a similar issue in SF where id be playing footsies and go throw a hadouken and a shoryuken would come out. So to combat this id do a half circle forward.

Id suggest alternate contols because the game reads diagonals (from my experience) as two inputs, much like SF4 and it can be alittle unforgiving at times. If you have to put an extra input before you hit down, like back or neutral for example. I use to have a similar issue in SF where id be playing footsies and go throw a hadouken and a shoryuken would come out. So to combat this id do a half circle forward.
it actually reads the diagonals independantly even in alt controls off. but if you go from down to d/b diagonal, then it counts as a db movement.

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
DJ L Toro... cmon man..
1. your bullet points don't make sense when bullet point 3 just reiterates what bullet point 1 says...
Instead you come off like a forum snob...

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
it actually reads the diagonals independantly even in alt controls off. but if you go from down to d/b diagonal, then it counts as a db movement.
But wouldnt that technically make it a double input? Its counting the db as back. Its just like in SF4. You cant do df, df and get an SRK but you can do df, d, df and get it because it counts the df as forward.

DJ L Toro... cmon man..
1. your bullet points don't make sense when bullet point 3 just reiterates what bullet point 1 says...
Instead you come off like a forum snob...
no, i come off as someone who had no idea what they're talking about because their post doesnt make any sense. It's a bunch of vague rambling about stuff that he probably knows what he's thinking in his head, but isnt clear to anyone reading

But wouldnt that technically make it a double input? Its counting the db as back. Its just like in SF4. You cant do df, df and get an SRK but you can do df, d, df and get it because it counts the df as forward.
what?... lol This actually makes sense i think but i got lost in all the directions (i also have never played sf, so idk about that), so i'll try to explain it as basically as i can.
There are inputs that are d/f directions even in the regular control scheme, so the game does read all of that always (also if you go into practice mode you see that diagonals are also registered).
d/f, as far as i know, reads as both, so moving from d/f to f should count for a df motion, BUT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIT (will test asap).
moving from d to d/f also counts as a df motion I'm PRETTY SURE (again, not 100%, but will test).
This is not a negative edge issue or a control scheme issue, but a systemic issue concerning how the game reads inputs.

I really hope that helped.

i dont know why ur being so rude when clearly im simply asking people why it happens .. but any ways wat im try to explain is if i wanted to walk or dash fwrd then immediantly go for a d1 i always get my down back special move but using the same inputs this issue doesnt ocuur on the alt settings.. so please calm your aggresive post down a bit and try to understand and effectively tell me why that is or just ignore my post also its worth noting that this happens even if i walk fwrd wait d1 its as if the input window is way more active on default...also thanks tolkeen for the insight i guess it wont be adressed at all then if mk had this...

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
what?... lol This actually makes sense i think but i got lost in all the directions (i also have never played sf, so idk about that), so i'll try to explain it as basically as i can.
There are inputs that are d/f directions even in the regular control scheme, so the game does read all of that always (also if you go into practice mode you see that diagonals are also registered).
d/f, as far as i know, reads as both, so moving from d/f to f should count for a df motion, BUT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THIT (will test asap).
moving from d to d/f also counts as a df motion I'm PRETTY SURE (again, not 100%, but will test).
This is not a negative edge issue or a control scheme issue, but a systemic issue concerning how the game reads inputs.

I really hope that helped.
Were agreeing on the same thing we just dont realize it lmao. But yeah because of how this games control scheme is and how it reads inputs im beginning to understand why holding d will block.

Were agreeing on the same thing we just dont realize it lmao. But yeah because of how this games control scheme is and how it reads inputs im beginning to understand why holding d will block.
d isnt d/b though. d blocks low because that's how they made the command. It honestly makes more sense to say "i understand why d/b still blocks even though d is lowblock and b is highblock," but that's just me being nit-picky, lol

if i wanted to walk or dash fwrd then immediantly go for a d1 i always get my down back special move but using the same inputs this issue doesnt ocuur on the alt settings. i guess it wont be adressed at all then if mk had this...
this wasnt in mk.
here's a solution, if you dash, go neutral (let go of all directions) before doing d1. if it keeps happening it might be your controller. If not idk, doesnt happen to me, but i can test some stuff out if you want.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I found this happening as well. Went away when I switched alternate controls on.

GGA Jeremiah had problems with this as well. Dash forward into immediate d1 almost impossible for some reason.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
d isnt d/b though. d blocks low because that's how they made the command. It honestly makes more sense to say "i understand why d/b still blocks even though d is lowblock and b is highblock," but that's just me being nit-picky, lol

this wasnt in mk.
here's a solution, if you dash, go neutral (let go of all directions) before doing d1. if it keeps happening it might be your controller. If not idk, doesnt happen to me, but i can test some stuff out if you want.
Im not saying d is d/b. But how this games reads inputs it makes sense to use d as block and not just d/b (like in sf/kof etc...). Its the exact reason it took me time to adjust coming over from SF because my natural habit is to go to db and that would sometimes make a special move come out.

I was merely mentioning that because I was reading another thread and people were regarding this as a bug.

DJ L Toro
please do test this yourself try using anyone with a db1 special move like grundy and using default controls try to walk frwd d1 lemme know how it is 4 you
Ok, in about 50 attempts i could not get this to happen, and then when i just went to try new tech ideas for oki for my character did a db1 special when i went for d1. The only thing i can think to explain this is that i overcompensated on my finger movement after the dash and hit well to the right (coming from right to left) of the down button (i play on pad). in about 20 attempts after i could not replicate, so i think it's just being aware of precision in your inputs.

GGA Dizzy, i use regular controls and it has literally only happened to me this once. Do you think there's a higher propensity for this to happen on stick? has it happened to steve? (he's the only one that plays on pad up there right?)

interesting...thanks for the effort ill just switch 2 alt and grind through it i guess ...also i come from a ssf4 background and we are use 2 holding down back slightly to block and to minimize risk while poking.. i only just learned that you can block by holding down neutrally which is very foreign to me and could be the problem..notheless thanx for trying.

Yeah if you play alternate controls this problem is fixed. Unfortunately if you have a back forward special it becomes half circle.

If you must play standard controls you MUST hit down and only down when you do d1. If you are holding down back your special move will come out.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok, in about 50 attempts i could not get this to happen, and then when i just went to try new tech ideas for oki for my character did a db1 special when i went for d1. The only thing i can think to explain this is that i overcompensated on my finger movement after the dash and hit well to the right (coming from right to left) of the down button (i play on pad). in about 20 attempts after i could not replicate, so i think it's just being aware of precision in your inputs.

GGA Dizzy, i use regular controls and it has literally only happened to me this once. Do you think there's a higher propensity for this to happen on stick? has it happened to steve? (he's the only one that plays on pad up there right?)
Probably doesn't happen on PS3/PS2 pad.