What's new

Wakeup options for Quan Chi???

KingRey

Noob
What other wake up options does Quan Chi have besides sky drop? It seems like his sky drop is the only wakeup move that has a frame of invincibility to it. I need more options.:rant2:

I think skydrop is his only wakeup so I guess Quan can't deal with pressure and rushing all too well.

Although Netherealm should allow trance as wakeup with inv frames. No reason not to considering Kung Lao gets a wakeup launcher with inv frames

KingRey

Noob
His wake-up option is free pressure from his opponent.
LOL....Yeah that sounds about right.
Just lay on the ground like a vegetable and pray they do something stupid.
I have tried that too but that even worse than doing a wake-up sky drop. At least I have a frame of invincibility with the sky drop.

Come on NR studios. Help us Quan chi players out. Give us a wake up trance too please.

Warplay

Noob
Been playing Quan Chi a lot lately. I love playing with him, but the fun ends when someone is good at rushing you down. NRS really needs to do some buffing on Quan Chi in the next hot fixes. The nerfs he got in the other fixes were totally unnecessary outside of fixing any infinites. I have no idea WTF they were thinking. Regardless of his short-comings, he will be one of my "mains" in this game from now on.

Warplay

Noob
Come on NR studios. Help us Quan chi players out. Give us a wake up trance too please.
I tweeted some of the Netherrealm studios team requesting some Quan Chi buffs a couple days ago. I recommend any other avid Quan Chi player do the same. He's not the most popular character, so I'm sure it helps if the community lets them know how they feel.

KingRey

Noob
I tweeted some of the Netherrealm studios team requesting some Quan Chi buffs a couple days ago. I recommend any other avid Quan Chi player do the same. He's not the most popular character, so I'm sure it helps if the community lets them know how they feel.
Can you please post up a link. I don't use twitter but I will open an account to tweet some stuff to NRS.

What other wake up options does Quan Chi have besides sky drop? It seems like his sky drop is the only wakeup move that has a frame of invincibility to it. I need more options.:rant2:
I know the sky drop wake up can get realy hardly punished if baited, but you could/should try holding forward (or back) after doing it, to land behind your opponent instead directly on his block, from there you can hope that he doesnt attack you on few recovery frames you have uppon landing and try grab; f1,2; b3,1+2 or anything you think might work.

P.S. if you are using that already than nothing left than to hope for adding of Trance/Ground Burst wake-up :(