What's new

vs Batman

Flagg

Noob
How do you guys fight this guy?

I can deal with a lot of shit in this game, even Zod and GL....but this guy.

UsedForGlue says that Batman players are getting away with murder with this character, and maybe they are, but that fucking trait. I know he has the extra armour now and you can bait a lot of stuff when he's knocked down and take half a bar, but those dont come around too often. I also find im burning shit loads of meter just to make something happen.

But once he activates that trait and starts dashing and jumping like a fucking mindless retard I get destroyed. He has such an ambiguous jump2 as well and you dont know which side it's going to hit while the batman player is already mashing his string not caring what side his jiattack hits providing it's not blocked.

It's not a rant about Batman as such, I just need to know how fellow Lobo's deal with this fucking tool.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
How do you guys fight this guy?

I can deal with a lot of shit in this game, even Zod and GL....but this guy.

UsedForGlue says that Batman players are getting away with murder with this character, and maybe they are, but that fucking trait. I know he has the extra armour now and you can bait a lot of stuff when he's knocked down and take half a bar, but those dont come around too often. I also find im burning shit loads of meter just to make something happen.

But once he activates that trait and starts dashing and jumping like a fucking mindless retard I get destroyed. He has such an ambiguous jump2 as well and you dont know which side it's going to hit while the batman player is already mashing his string not caring what side his jiattack hits providing it's not blocked.

It's not a rant about Batman as such, I just need to know how fellow Lobo's deal with this fucking tool.
This was a rant about your hatred of a character.
Less lower-tier elitism, plz.
Batman is not a mindless retard, mayne.
It's also not likely that Batman players are mashing their string.... which string are you talking about?
Your normals outrange Batman, and Lobo is intended to be blowing off lots of meter.
You can use your standing 3 cancelled into Hook Charge to counter his approach with an approach of your own, which is also positive on block.
Almost all Batman players frequently drop their conversions off of Anti-Air trait Bats, and if Batman only has one Bat, a meter burn back 3 as soon as you react to Batman sending his one bat at you will suffice.

Flagg

Noob
This was a rant about your hatred of a character.
Less lower-tier elitism, plz.
Batman is not a mindless retard, mayne.
It's also not likely that Batman players are mashing their string.... which string are you talking about?
Your normals outrange Batman, and Lobo is intended to be blowing off lots of meter.
You can use your standing 3 cancelled into Hook Charge to counter his approach with an approach of your own, which is also positive on block.
Almost all Batman players frequently drop their conversions off of Anti-Air trait Bats, and if Batman only has one Bat, a meter burn back 3 as soon as you react to Batman sending his one bat at you will suffice.
Except how can I 3xxhook charge when there are traited bats flying at me?

Are you a Batman player?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
It's dependent upon the distance at which he launches the bats at you, and how far he is from the bats.
In a trade, though, both of you will be staggered for a fairly long while, but Lobo will have done more damage in a trade of Bats VS standing 3.

Flagg

Noob
It's dependent upon the distance at which he launches the bats at you, and how far he is from the bats.
In a trade, though, both of you will be staggered for a fairly long while, but Lobo will have done more damage in a trade of Bats VS standing 3.
Maybe I need to play a dedicated Batman main. His standing 3 does more damage than incoming bats? Hmm.

His standing 3 IS a good AA and you can cancel it into his various specials, but it's not 100% fool proof. If I miss or dont use it quick enough, I get full combo'd. And his combos seem to go on for so long that the trait cool down is building up again.

Perhaps my opening post is hostile but there is no denying that his trait gives him free pressure a lot of the time.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I backdash a lot, staying out of his cross up jump 2 range. My meter primarily goes to pushblocking his bats and keeping Hook Change safe. Batman has to jump in and I try to force him to do it without his bats. I use standing 3 to Hook Charge then go for the mix up, or 3 to Space hook to push him back further and reload. At range, we can now trade projectiles with him all day, so he cant throw batarangs anymore. If he likes to dash behind trait bats, a nuked Pump shot would be in your favor also.

I have not played Lobo so much, but does he not have a special move that can shoot people in the dick? For like 20% dmg something. Even more with nuclear shells.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Never try to D2 a Batmin when he's jumping over you for a crossup. Lobo's D2 is ridiculously low.
Instead, if you're reading when he's about to jump over you, neutral jump + 1 or 2 and get a combo on that sucka.
If he's doing a regular jump in, use 3xxspecials.
When he gets his cheap ol' bats out, just be patient and wait it out. Alternatively, if you have balls the size of Derocus, and you're good at reading, rush the shit out of him when you feel he's going to pop those bats up and grab him.
Thankfully, Batman's wakeups aren't all that great, so we've got him good when he's down.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Never try to D2 a Batmin when he's jumping over you for a crossup. Lobo's D2 is ridiculously low.
Instead, if you're reading when he's about to jump over you, neutral jump + 1 or 2 and get a combo on that sucka.
If he's doing a regular jump in, use 3xxspecials.
When he gets his cheap ol' bats out, just be patient and wait it out. Alternatively, if you have balls the size of Derocus, and you're good at reading, rush the shit out of him when you feel he's going to pop those bats up and grab him.
Thankfully, Batman's wakeups aren't all that great, so we've got him good when he's down.
If he doesn't have/release bats, you can roll under him on reaction. That is probably out best option: It takes away his pressure, meter building, resets the neutral state. If he jumps again, he's at a range where he can't cross up and our 3 will smack him right out the air. f+3 shuts down every single wake up option he tries. If he slide kicks, we can Low Space Hook after we recover from f+3 to punish it. Lobo > Batman without proper trait management. Also, remember pushblocking anything he does makes him drop his bats.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
If he doesn't have/release bats, you can roll under him on reaction. That is probably out best option: It takes away his pressure, meter building, resets the neutral state. If he jumps again, he's at a range where he can't cross up and our 3 will smack him right out the air. f+3 shuts down every single wake up option he tries. If he slide kicks, we can Low Space Hook after we recover from f+3 to punish it. Lobo > Batman without proper trait management. Also, remember pushblocking anything he does makes him drop his bats.
I wouldn't get too f3 happy against Batman on wakeup, he can just throw out a parry on reaction to the slower hard moves. Just need to make the right reads and mix him up. If you get him trained to expect a f3 and successfully bait a parry, you can catch him with a huge ji2 combo punish.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I wouldn't get too f3 happy against Batman on wakeup, he can just throw out a parry on reaction to the slower hard moves. Just need to make the right reads and mix him up. If you get him trained to expect a f3 and successfully bait a parry, you can catch him with a huge ji2 combo punish.
He can't parry Lobo's f+3, though..

Why's that? Parry works on overhead moves.

but parries don't work on B3/F3's. If he tries Parrying on wakeup, he gets bopped. If he tries sliding, Lobo evades the hit since he's hopping, and bops him. Blocks it, and we continue pressuring him.

On another note: why is this it's own thread? We can easily just discuss this matchup in the matchup thread, and its not like Batman is our worst matchup in 1.06.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
You obviously haven't seen the animation on his f+3: he jumps and shoots a shotgun blast downward. Batman can't parry a shotgun blast..

StevoSuprem0

but parries don't work on B3/F3's. If he tries Parrying on wakeup, he gets bopped. If he tries sliding, Lobo evades the hit since he's hopping, and bops him. Blocks it, and we continue pressuring him.

On another note: why is this it's own thread? We can easily just discuss this matchup in the matchup thread, and its not like Batman is our worst matchup in 1.06.
No idea, just saw it and was curious so I clicked on it.
Parry absolutely does work on b3/f3's. Is Lobo's a special case or something? I'll test it later tonight, but I am positive that parry generally works on them because I do it with Joker quite frequently and hit high parry is no different than the rest of the cast (except for the fact that it's active frames blow...). Not trying to be douchey or anything here, just fairly certain that it works. Again, will test later.

Flagg

Noob
No idea, just saw it and was curious so I clicked on it.
Parry absolutely does work on b3/f3's. Is Lobo's a special case or something? I'll test it later tonight, but I am positive that parry generally works on them because I do it with Joker quite frequently and hit high parry is no different than the rest of the cast (except for the fact that it's active frames blow...). Not trying to be douchey or anything here, just fairly certain that it works. Again, will test later.
Lobos f3 and b3 are projectiles.

Flagg

Noob

I made this thread slightly out of frustration. I'm sure on paper Lobo has tougher matches but for me personally, Batman is a total nightmare.

StevoSuprem0

I made this thread slightly out of frustration. I'm sure on paper Lobo has tougher matches but for me personally, Batman is a total nightmare.
Joker (my main) suffers similar issues against him. My gun whiffs because of the animation of his batarang throw. Lobo can actually trait up between bats now and do something to him from 3/4 screen, which is pretty sweet. Once he starts jumping around on you, it seems like it's more of a matter of d2/standing 3 being used at the right time. That situation where he send in bats and goes for a crossup is very difficult to deal with. Either need to pushblock the bats (everyone's strategy against him), or MB charge through it unless he sent all 3. I'm really trying to dig into Lobo a bit more as a backup to my Joker, so correct me if I'm wrong with any of this guys!

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
ironically this game seems to reward stupid jumping against batman as he does it to you, if I jump back 1 a lot of times it will trade with his j2 and we both get knocked down and he loses his mech bats. That's just from my experience though.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
That's all accurate. Pushblock the bats. If I can't standing 3 a nontraited jump, I roll under him to set it back to neutral.