What's new

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I'm be down for a few games. I spent a good deal of time in training today, but I still only get Vanessa's takedowns 1 out of 20 times. Sent you a friend request.
Kool, I'll see if it finished downloading when I get home. I'm pretty stokes too. Haven't touched VF since Sega Saturn lol

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I played an experienced VF player yesterday. My body hurts, but it enjoyed the beating.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
All I know is akira is different now, they changed him from what I remember in VF5. The netcode is pretty much the same as VF5. There's always some delay but it's pretty good with a maxed out green connection. My connection is flakey right now though so sometimes it spikes and adds delay.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Also, anyone here not getting this game should just go die in a fire.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Tay is PASSIONATE about his fighting of a virtual variety.

All I know is there's a Rey Mysterio clone, and that is awesome.

Maybe. I want to pick up a new fighter, but I know it'll just end up taking a backseat once I get DS2.

If only it had a robot :(. This game sounds/looks legit as fuck.

THTB

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Tay is PASSIONATE about his fighting of a virtual variety.

All I know is there's a Rey Mysterio clone, and that is awesome.

Maybe. I want to pick up a new fighter, but I know it'll just end up taking a backseat once I get DS2.

If only it had a robot :(. This game sounds/looks legit as fuck.
It's really good. When you're worse than a player, it shows. The guy I played last night blew me the fuck up and it was sweet cuz I know he put in work.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
So, my head wants to turn the letters into numbers.... Anyone have any idea what layout would be closest to MK? P is 1, K is 3, G is block.... But I can't decide where the others should go.
I turned it into numbers. I turn all my fighting game into numbers. I even hold the controller as if Im playin tekken and
G=1, P=2,K=4

Slade

Make It Rain
I have VF4: Evo laying around somewhere, and I messed around with it for a very short time. But if I wanted to take VF seriously, would I be able to learn it from the ground up with FS? Is the training mode pretty much the same from Evo at all?

THTB

I have VF4: Evo laying around somewhere, and I messed around with it for a very short time. But if I wanted to take VF seriously, would I be able to learn it from the ground up with FS? Is the training mode pretty much the same from Evo at all?
I wouldn't know since I didn't play Evo but the tutorial is great at getting you started.

Espio

Kokomo
Do they have it where you can examine the frame data in practice mode? Just curious as I've never played a single VF game.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I played a lot yesterday and fucked up all my MK inputs.
I'll be back on VF5 after MLG, so if anyone wants to get bodied by my scrubby vanessa, friend me.
This. I can't even keep consistency between playing MK9 and UMK3 dammit :oops:

I'm seriously grateful we haven't drawn in any female players here in the UK, they'd blow me up just by being able to multitask..

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Very nice game, I think its better than Tekken IMO, this might become my new main game instead of MK

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'll hopefully pick this up tomorrow, I'll hop on training mode with Wolf and try to get back into the groove of things...I may try to pick Jeffrey up as well.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Well, download finished last night but I was so tired I didn't jump in. One question though, how does K-M seem in this game?

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

So, my head wants to turn the letters into numbers.... Anyone have any idea what layout would be closest to MK? P is 1, K is 3, G is block.... But I can't decide where the others should go.
This is my layout for my X360 controller:

- P = 1
- K = 3
- G = RT
- P+G = RB
- P+K+G = 4

For K+G moves I just simply press 3+RT, and P+K I press 1+3. This layout is simple and my combos come out rather smooth. I set P+K+G to 4 because it makes my stance changes easier in combo. You can still make it easier by mapping it like this:

- P = 1
- K = 3
- G = RT
- P+G = RB
- P+K+G = LT
- P+K = 4
- K+G = 2

THTB

Very nice game, I think its better than Tekken IMO, this might become my new main game instead of MK
In all honesty, I agree. Tekken's good, but VF is just so pure on fundamentals and knowledge, it's great.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeah I think I am picking this up. 15 dollars for a good fighting game is nothing. Probably will pick it up tonight after practice.