What's new

VIENNALITY Viewers Guide + Bracket

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
I don't even know where to start, so I'll just go for it.

First of all, I was not even sure if I wanted to go or not because of the DLC. Then I reminded myself that I was going to meet my good friends again and to support the scene, so I kinda forgot about the competition part and wanted to have some fun. All I wanted at that point was to make it out of pools.

I'm not very sure how, but I finished 5th place at the first major I attended. But I still feel that it wasn't my accomplishment purely, it was the people supporting me.

The elite @Madzin and @A F0xy Grampa were behind me, coaching me between games. You have no idea what feeling you get when EU's best players are behind you, telling you that you improved... Also @Nivek and @The-Bizzle were there, supporting me mentally. Bizzle went crazy everytime I landed a spear.

I don't think I've ever received so much support in my life before, in like anything I did so far. The whole room was cheering for me and carried me through my matches. I couldn't believe that I made it, I was speechless, like legit. Thanks to @st9rm for calming me down :D

This was an unforgettable experience for me. You guys made me so happy this weekend. Thank you so, so much.

Great tournament, great people. I hope to see you all soon again! :)

To the guy who took my bag: Enjoy my pad, cellphone and passport. But please don't do weird stuff with my underwear.

Ayyy, Ayyy, Ay, Ay, Ayyyy GET OVER HERE! Ayyy

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Definetely the best organized event I have been so far, it run perfectly and everything was great. The Austrian community did an amazing job, I had a loooooot of fun during my 4 days in Vienna (beautiful city, I'll surely come again). The Austrian players are amazing, everyone is cool and their level is also high.
Shout outs to every person I met at the Dojo, expecially to @Udun, @Playboy87 , @twinArmageddons, @jokey77 and Boki (his match against Irishmantis was the most entertaining of the entire tournament for me, simply amazing!).

Meeting again friends like Taco, Irish, Aris Adapted and the finnish guys was great but it was also nice to meet the Polish group again and getting to know the AT players, the French guys, Nivek, Madzin, Foxy and Godspeed. I had a great time with everyone of them

A few words about Tekken Master now, I played against him in a long set of about 1 hour and a half during which he switched 6-7 characters, playing each one at the highest level I have ever seen. He is super good and I hope to meet him and his brother again at some other events, I would not be surprised if he ends up winning majors this year.

Regarding my very short tournament run, I am just very sad for not being able to play at my level during the tournament...for some reason I lost confidence pretty fast, couldn't execute anything and got also very confused while playing, which resulted in inevitable disaster. It's super disappointing but I'll take it as a lesson and hopefully do something better next time.

I'm very happy for @Sand-man and his top 8 result, nice to see the Italian flag showing up! great job my friend

Udun

Noob
A dream came true. Beside the awesome tourney, i had the chance to get to know some of the best players of europe and even beyond. Thanks to the US guys for coming, especially Godspeed for the nice discussions. Also shoutouts to Tekken Master, I hope we'll get so see more from him and his brother soon!!

@Asodimazze thanks for the awesome sets and also the beer :) Your Cage gives me still nightmares!
@Nivek You mopped our pool! Never let Raiden down, Greek Thundergod :D Thanks for the advice, I'm looking forward to combat you online :D
@Crathen I guess i have to learn more about the lizard stuff, very impressive Reptile! Thanks for everything Dude!
@A F0xy Grampa it was an honor to meet the best player of Europe! Thanks for the nice talk!
@st9rm Thanks for the huge amount of effort you and the virtual dojo vienna crew put in this tourney! But if you try to make Goro cry with your touching speeches, I will punchwalk you :D

Special thanks to Solid and @Vak Phoenix for the support during the tournament! Can't thank you guys enough!
Shoutouts to our Yuzu & AT_gaming buddies! I was glad to see you again :) My best regards to @shyndoa, maybe he can make it here next time.

Keep on punchwalking guys & gals!

Just got around to finishing the broadcast for viennality... wow.. what a show. This reminded me of the smaller MK only comps before the FGC got huge round my way with many games all at the same event. It looked so much fun, the host drinking alcohol on camera and leading the room in chants before top 8... seriously this looked like such a blast. I hope you guys keep at it end up a huge EU FGC thing... Also I do not know what the deal is there, maybe you have awesome internet in Eu but the stream looked AMAZING. Put it on source and it looks nearly like the raw game running at home. Colours were bright, lighting was not to dark ... it was just slick as hell man.

Bizzle your Jackie was a treat, man I can not begin to state how much i loved seeing her on screen. I think she is one of the most slept on characters in the roster and you are the only one I know of that is really showing what she can do. I'm sure you will just get better and better as well. Can not wait to see you play again... defiantly scored a fan over this side of the planet.

Sorry I forgot your name, but you were a great caster as well as rocking an amazing Tanya. So great to see a player that is not dupped by the nurff / buff rubish. Tanya is still a threat and man, you showed it. Absolutely loved that pole dancing stuff... was epic.

There was a tremor player that played some of the best tremmor I have seen in a long time. I'm not sure if it was the same guy all show, but there was a crystal in pools and a aftershock in top32.. both were great but I loved the crystalline.

Anyway.. pizza is aboutot come and I'm gonna sit down to top8... go MADZIN!! your the hype machine dude

also...