What's new

Videos from a Puerto Rican Human Sektor

Hello Red Robot Army, I'm OGM Madness from Puerto Rico and this are some videos of my (Human) Sektor in tournament matches. These videos were taken this Saturday (2/25/2012) from the (get ready for cheesy name...) the Arrow to the Knee Tournament Event in Bayamón, PR.

I placed 2nd, losing twice to FGA Bombito (a Cyrax) in Winner's and Grand Finals. I would like some feedback from the kommunity in order to improve my game.

Many, many thanks to all of you for providing information on Sektor. I have learned a heck of a lot from you guys. Special thanks to SwiftTomHanks for teaching me that anti-Mileena combo. Hope you enjoy the videos.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Very good sektor man. My advice against cyrax would be to low block after all of his nets or whenever you feel that hes going for a command grab. It whiffs and you can full punish with standing 12b1 into full combo, if he goes for a combo you still block it, so it basically removes his command grab option for a short period of time. What part of PR are you guys playing at?

NKZero

Noob
Only had the time to see Mileena match (first vid) but will watch them later. One thing I love about you is you have excellent patience. You forced that Mileena player to make the first move, and she took risky ones at that. Plus I love the punish of Mileena's teleport with a few standing 1's, 122, teleport, uppercut. I never knew about that so nice stuff :)

It's a pretty tough match and you more than convinced me that Sektor can hold his own here.

Very good sektor man. My advice against cyrax would be to low block after all of his nets or whenever you feel that hes going for a command grab. It whiffs and you can full punish with standing 12b1 into full combo, if he goes for a combo you still block it, so it basically removes his command grab option for a short period of time. What part of PR are you guys playing at?
Thanks man for the input! I need all the knowledge I need against Cyrax and maybe others. The tournament was being held in Bayamon, that's the north/east part of the island. I usually play with my OGM teammates in Arecibo, which is more to the north/west side of PR. In March, FGA Mono (the infamous Noob) will held a tournament in Ponce (south coast) where the winner will get a paid trip to CEO. I really want to win this one.

Only had the time to see Mileena match (first vid) but will watch them later. One thing I love about you is you have excellent patience. You forced that Mileena player to make the first move, and she took risky ones at that. Plus I love the punish of Mileena's teleport with a few standing 1's, 122, teleport, uppercut. I never knew about that so nice stuff :)

It's a pretty tough match and you more than convinced me that Sektor can hold his own here.
Thank you for the kind words! SwiftTomHanks told me about that 1, 122, tu, uppercut combo. It is a Human Sektor exclusive combo. I always had problems with Mileena, but the only thing I can really tell you (and it's the same with every other match-up), try to neutralize your enemy's best tools. With Mileena, I always had problem with the teleport, so before switching to Human, I would just punish her with raw uppercuts until she stops teleporting. There are some matches there that aren't really that great, but maybe the Grand Final is the better one, where I did not wanted to die, and I got out some messed up situations. Even though I lose, I believe I hold my own and represented the character to the best of my abilities.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Thanks man for the input! I need all the knowledge I need against Cyrax and maybe others. The tournament was being held in Bayamon, that's the north/east part of the island. I usually play with my OGM teammates in Arecibo, which is more to the north/west side of PR. In March, FGA Mono (the infamous Noob) will held a tournament in Ponce (south coast) where the winner will get a paid trip to CEO. I really want to win this one
Oh nice, i believe mono used to play Mvc2 along with Spyro and joeysaintzcrack and white knight. I usually visit carolina and bayamon so i just wanted to know where there would be Mk competition if i went

In April 28th we are having a tournament in a hotel in Hatillo, PR (45 minutes from Bayamon). KingRey, a Quan-Chi player from Florida will be assisting this event along with possibly others from the FL MK Scene. If you so happen to be in the area by then, you really need to assist :p.

Mono is very well known over here, since he manages to stand out at many fighting games. You're probably talking about years ago in San Patricio Plaza, where they used to have Tekken, 3rd Strike and MvC2 arcades and everyone in PR would go there to compete. I wasn't part of the fighting community by then, but I heard many stories of the old days.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Great showing Madness! Congrats on 2nd place!

You handled the Mileena match up (twice mind you) very well. It's extremely hard to overcome since it's all about taking advantage of when Mileena messes up. That's about as good as Sektor can get against a good Mileena (which he was imo).

Great showing Madness! Congrats on 2nd place!

You handled the Mileena match up (twice mind you) very well. It's extremely hard to overcome since it's all about taking advantage of when Mileena messes up. That's about as good as Sektor can get against a good Mileena (which he was imo).
Thank you! It means a lot coming from you sensei :p. That combo you told me about a couple months back really helped.

The fight was pretty tough. Good thing I didn't messed up that much and he messed up more than I did. I dropped some combos here and there, but I didn't gave him much chances and obligated him to rush me. Every time he did a random teleport, he got punished for it and I made him zone and try new things.

NKZero

Noob
OGM Madness had you read my guide in these forums you would have finished first :p haha but on a serious note I watched the rest of the matches and you played tremendously well. You are a really patient player and thats key in a game where people still love to jump and mash out random attacks. Maybe you showed some inexperience or panic against Cyrax which you cannot afford to do and you dropped combos here and there but its a tournament so who doesn't make mistakes? Really solid stuff :)

OGM Madness had you read my guide in these forums you would have finished first :p haha but on a serious note I watched the rest of the matches and you played tremendously well. You are a really patient player and thats key in a game where people still love to jump and mash out random attacks. Maybe you showed some inexperience or panic against Cyrax which you cannot afford to do and you dropped combos here and there but its a tournament so who doesn't make mistakes? Really solid stuff :)
I actually read your guide NKZero and I want to give my thanks for providing it to the rest of us. Pretty much everything I know of Sektor I have read it here in one place or another. There is really not that many things I can take credit for. The only things I have figured out on my own (and probably many other serious Sektors already know them) is very situational stuff. I'm going to try and make a short combo/tutorial video of some stuff I haven't seen posted in the forum, or at least read of, but not seen in a video of.

I was very nervous on the match and I lost many, many opportunities. Like, every time Cyrax throws a Net Fullscreen, I can full-combo punish it for 37% meterless [tu (doesn't have to be iatu, but it helps if you can pull it off consistenlty), b21, b34, tu], but I let it pass way too many times. I respected the bombs too many times, when I could probably do a TU and I will teleport before the bomb explodes.

I'm downloading Ketchup & Mustard's recent videos on WGC to see if I learn anything new. I'll be playing FGA Bombito very soon. I can feel it :p.

NKZero

Noob
problem with sektor is those b21 combos require a lot of execution so i wonder whether its worth it in tourneys unless u can do it 9/10 times. thanks for ur kind words btw i hope it helped! also if u do a tutorial or something i would love to put it in my guide :).

problem with sektor is those b21 combos require a lot of execution so i wonder whether its worth it in tourneys unless u can do it 9/10 times. thanks for ur kind words btw i hope it helped! also if u do a tutorial or something i would love to put it in my guide :).

It will be an honor to have a video reach guide worthy-status. :p

The b21 combo isn't that hard. Like Ketchup has said before, the trick is on the feet; as soon as you land, input the combo. The problem I have though, is that I usually throw a sweep (b4) after the b21, instead of the b34, so that's why in the videos above, I did tu, b21, dash, 12, flame.

NKZero

Noob
It will be an honor to have a video reach guide worthy-status. :p

The b21 combo isn't that hard. Like Ketchup has said before, the trick is on the feet; as soon as you land, input the combo. The problem I have though, is that I usually throw a sweep (b4) after the b21, instead of the b34, so that's why in the videos above, I did tu, b21, dash, 12, flame.
yeah i meant the b34 follow-up to the b21. i mean its not impossible but compared to the rest of the cast Sektor has some execution barriers in his more damaging combos. can't complain though he does some pretty damn good damage nonetheless...

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I wouldn't do so many d1's if I were you...

They're horrible with Sektor. You're at -7 on hit! So even if you land it you're at disadvantage.