What's new

video games you were dope at

infamy23

FireBeard
It's kinda sad that all of the games I played before I was 25, I was amazing at them. Then I started sucking at everything.

I played the following games at the highest level:

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (#1 on Case's Ladder, NF Oasis tournament winner)

Starsiege:Tribes (#1 on OGL, flew to Santa Clara to compete for 20k in 2000, came 2nd)

Yahoo! Towers (best puzzle game ever. It had an ELO type rating system, took me 2 years to achieve a rating of 2500)

Battlefield 2 (My team was #3 on CAL League. We got mopped by a team called 20ID in the playoffs and quit the game out of embarassment)

After that, it was all downhill lol.

I tried to get Gladiator in WoW Arena and failed miserably. Then I tried to get good at SF4, but was never able to crack 2400PP even after 5 years.

I can't compete with the youngins anymore. I guess I have to accept the fact that I'm nothing more than a filthy casual.

NHDR

Noob
SSF2 HDR & ST - I've beaten famous tournament players before
Ninja Gaiden Black - Good enough to beat it on Master Ninja, top 500 in the world
Perfect Dark (N64) - Was pretty solid!
WWF No Mercy (N64) - Just a solid player

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I

it gets close to completion then says some bullshit like file qhhu627$ is missing.. Try reinstall. - same thing happens.

I can give you more accurate info later
try installing origin in your c drive in the default location, you can install the games in other locations you want by adjusting some settings.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
A few standouts. Me and a friend applied to play the GamesMaster magazine SF2 champs which we traveled for as kids. We thought we were good and got bodied hard which led me me getting obsessive about leveling up. Me and a friend were then leagues above everyone we came across locally, unless of course until we got to London and once again we got bodied hard. I remember playing Ryan Hart back in the Tekken 3 days. I couldn't get enough of the London FG scene.

Other than early SF games, mainly UT99/UT2k4. I got side tracked by Wow for a few years and eventually MK9 drew me back to fighting games which I had a huge amount of nostalgia for and still do. There's always been something about 1v1, even outside of video games that I love, and always preferred things like racket sports to football as winning and losing is on you and no-one else. Probably something to do with being an only child.

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
I was a cod beast before all the squeakers... Dropping like 70+ kills in core (like 30 deaths) rather often. Could never break 90 kills tho lol.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Diablo2x - I dominated with Necromancer during the period where it was deemed the worst class in the game. (1998-2002, before 1.10 came out after a very long hiatus.)
Starcraft: Brood War - Team F2F, myself and my friend iNF were a force to be reckoned with. (He surpassed me towards 2003)
Soul Calibur2 in the arcade - I dominated the other scrubs with my scrubby Sophitia and had an unbroken record for a very long time.

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
'You were dope at'
Make that 'you thought you were dope at' and I could list a load of games.

I remember owning Tony Hawk1,2,3 games. And then: internet. Shit! Everyone online was better than me, while I was the best in my neighbourhood.
Same shit with MKX.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I almost forgot alien vs predator 2 for PC. I was a beast at that game I'd love it if they remastered it but all alien or predator games since have been total shit

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
All the THQ wrestling games for N64, but namely No Mercy. I probably played more hours of that than any game in my life. It's pretty much all I did before I was old enough to drive and get the hell out of the house.

Also WWE All Stars (released on 360 and PS3). My Big Show is cheap as fuck. This is an incredibly underrated fighter (yes fighter...this is definitely not a wrestling game) and it's fun as hell. There are crazy juggles, multi-throws....insane shit. Anyone who is remotely into wrestling and/or fighters needs to find a copy of this game.

A tier list, for anyone who cares....just because everyone loves tier lists:

Top - Macho Man, Sheamus, Big Show, Bret Hart

Upper-mid - Undertaker, Randy Orton, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Eddie Guerrero

Mid - Drew Mcintyre, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant

Low-mid - John Morrison, Edge, John Cena, Stone Cold, The Rock, Rey Mysterio, Sgt. Slaughter

Low - Ultimate Warrior, Ricky Steamboat, Kofi Kingston, Superfly Snuka

The DLC characters are not included because they are just that broken. R-Truth is probably the best in the game with Cody Rhodes closely following him. If this game was ever played competitively, the DLC would most likely be banned. Also, each DLC character was $1 or less! Here's who else is in the game, though...

Ted Dibiase
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Dusty Rhodes
Cody Rhodes
Honky Tonk Man
R-Truth
Jerry Lawler
Chris Jericho
Hawk
Animal
Big John Studd
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Michael Hayes

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
Omg sushi. the aggressive one who could forget. remember iron cage? Lol. oh and wow, I meant to write I got banned from classicmk by scheiss not trmk. then ressurected lol
Yup I used to frustrate the shit out of Iron Cage lol. Not sure he liked me very much. I used to get Crazy Dominican to play MK2 with me after he stomped me at UMK3 so I could get some redemption lol. He was a solid MK2 player as well though. Check that, I don't think there is a fighting game Crazy D isn't good at I imagine.

Miss those days man. RIP to good fighting games...

macro

Eezeepeezee
I was one of the gods of Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns.

I was there before it officially released, I was there during the Japanese release, I was there during the international release, and I as fucking there after the hype died down.

The cult of Anarchy lasted a long fucking time, it was like a virtual fight club, a little slice of the online gaming world for those that loved to play the scummiest open world brawler ever created.

Max Anarchy was perfectly balanced in that every character was equally OP and Broken, and so was the defense. Scum bag tactics and greed were required. In Anarchy the only rules were the one or two slapped onto the game modes, everything was fair game. I'm talking team killing, NPC farming, item hogging, camping, double-teaming, double-crossing, and fucking over your teammates to stay on top, and much more.

All out balls out slobberknockers ranging from 1v1 to a 16 man battle royale motherfuckers, this game was REAL and this game was RAW.

You know what was in this game?
-A super pimp.
-A cyborg hooker with a lightsaber club.
-A fat bane that turned into a roided out lizard monster.
-A fucking transformers. Actually two of them, one with giant murder drills and another named "Gargoyle" that shot exploding electricity.
-A mercenary with a robot tiger leg that turns into a revolver-sniper rifle.
-Girl Bruce-Lee.
-Giant chainsaw arms.
-A mecha-minotaur with a jet-pack hammer.
-A super-cyborg muay thai cop.
-An even more super-cyborg muay thai cop that went murderously insane and moves around like akuma.
-A 180 year old man inside of a mechanical suit of armor with exploding pile-bunker spiked in his arms.
-Two sexy lady with ice powers.
-An evil Russian scientist with crazy tesla coil arms, and he does electric psycho crushers.
-BAYONETTA!
-A cyberninja with two magical swords, one with the spirit of an angel and the other with the spirit of a demon.
-ROBO-CHTULHU.
-The kraken.
-Giant lizard mutant men.
-Various gang NPCs that you can murder in game for bonus points
-Ridiculous pick-upable weapons.
-A fuckton of environmental hazards and aids that can fuck you over or help you immensely. Like literally a 747 crashing into the battlefield, or the arena filling with poisonous gas, or a tornado, or quicksand, or giant space lasers, etc.
-Football, believe it or not.
-Probably a ton of other shit I don't remember right now.
-A sick ass OST thats mostly super legit hip-hop.
-Combos, my god were there combos, so many combos, so many...
-SUPER SAIYAN.
-This main menu:

I love this game more than i've ever loved any game before or since, and while I couldn't tell you how many hours i've dumped into it I assure you it's more than anything else i've ever played.

But now you play Goro.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
All the THQ wrestling games for N64, but namely No Mercy. I probably played more hours of that than any game in my life. It's pretty much all I did before I was old enough to drive and get the hell out of the house.

Also WWE All Stars (released on 360 and PS3). My Big Show is cheap as fuck. This is an incredibly underrated fighter (yes fighter...this is definitely not a wrestling game) and it's fun as hell. There are crazy juggles, multi-throws....insane shit. Anyone who is remotely into wrestling and/or fighters needs to find a copy of this game.

A tier list, for anyone who cares....just because everyone loves tier lists:

Top - Macho Man, Sheamus, Big Show, Bret Hart

Upper-mid - Undertaker, Randy Orton, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Eddie Guerrero

Mid - Drew Mcintyre, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake, Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Andre the Giant

Low-mid - John Morrison, Edge, John Cena, Stone Cold, The Rock, Rey Mysterio, Sgt. Slaughter

Low - Ultimate Warrior, Ricky Steamboat, Kofi Kingston, Superfly Snuka

The DLC characters are not included because they are just that broken. R-Truth is probably the best in the game with Cody Rhodes closely following him. If this game was ever played competitively, the DLC would most likely be banned. Also, each DLC character was $1 or less! Here's who else is in the game, though...

Ted Dibiase
Ted Dibiase Jr.
Dusty Rhodes
Cody Rhodes
Honky Tonk Man
R-Truth
Jerry Lawler
Chris Jericho
Hawk
Animal
Big John Studd
Big Boss Man
Mark Henry
Michael Hayes
what makes he good characters good and the bad ones bad? When I used to play this I always KNEW Snuka fucking suked though somehow lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
But now you play Goro.
I play Goro, Kotal, and Tremor (and a dabble in a lot of others).

I think MK would work well in the Anarchy Reigns format, the series has a lot of unique and deadly locations and a ton of character with crazy backstories and abilities.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
what makes he good characters good and the bad ones bad? When I used to play this I always KNEW Snuka fucking suked though somehow lol
Basically, the broken characters are the ones with tracking moves (R-Truth has a flying strike that can hit you anywhere you are in the arena) and/or finishers you can store that are strike-based (grapple finishers are a bit too telegraphed and can be reversed).

I really only ever put time into Big Show simply because he had a strike finisher and a million ways to set it up. Namely, B+HS (hold down the button) allows you to store up his unblockable launching strike which you can either combo off of via strikes into a grapple, kick the opponent completely out of the ring to taunt and charge your finisher or just hit your finisher off that launch. An unblockable finisher is also really important, which someone like Big Show has.

The main tool you need in that game to be considered a good character is an easy, guaranteed way to hit your finisher. Some characters just have almost no ways to hit their finisher aside from a naked grapple, which you just won't see connect very often.

Noob
Xbox versions. Not including Ninja Gaiden 3. We'll pretty much never see a game like the first two Ninja Gaiden games again imo. Kids are pussies these days.
Hayashi said Ninja Gaiden 4 will be coming. Hopefully they go back to the roots of NGB/NG2 with an improved combat system of NGRE. That would be awesome.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Besides MK(some more than others though) Most MK's when I played I was top in, but namely in order: MK 9, I ranked 2 in player match Xbox so yeah I think the numbers speak for itself and there was nobody I couldn't beat or take on be it online, tourney guys, whatever...It was easily one of my best if not my best MK.

Then I'd say MK Deception, also ranked top 50 in that game on Xbox leaderboard, was able to take on anyone. Then MK DA, MK 4, (MK3)UMK3, MK vs DCU, MKA, MK 2, MK 1 in that order would be my personal skill level.

Wii Bowling(original wii) I once bowled 29 straight strikes, have bowled multiple perfect games and so far everyone I've played friends, family, strangers in bars I've beaten. I want to get a Wii U for Wii U bowling online, Smash, Mario Maker and few other games see what the world players online are about in bowling ;)

Dr. Mario, I play currently on 3DS currently ranked 9999, highest you can get on classic mode, I'm 1 but within the top 10 on their boards.
Dr. Mario plus mode I'm 34.

Burnout 3 was one of my best racers on original Xbox.

Split Second, have ranked among top 10 on various tracks online.

DKC series(first 3 especially I was really good in)

Cruis N series

Super Mario baseball games, GC and Wii.

All Star Baseball games

Classic Super Mario games

TMNT TIT(I beat this game on SNES in less then 40 mins at times)

Clayfighter

Psi Ops The MindGate Conspiracy

Last edited:
Alot of people on here know already that I was one of the top players at mk9 . Never went to tournaments which I regret a little bit but there was no player in the world that I couldn't take games off of.

I'm getting really good at the mercenaries minigame in resident evil 4. Im actually gonna eventually gonna go for a high score.

And Im getting really good at Smash 4 . On my way to being a top player in that game.

I was also really really good (still am actually) at hero assault in star wars battlefront 2

Resident Evil 5. I was in the top 100 for every Mercenaries stage on both solo and duo. I also dominated in the versus mode. However, I played so much that it basically cost me my entire social life and sanity so I decided to cut back on video games A LOT.

I'll still wreck pretty much anyone in Resident Evil though. :p
Haha. That's awesome. I never played the mercenaries in that game. From what i've heard the spawns aren't real predictable like in re4 .