What's new

video critique thread; please help :)

retic

Noob
I placed 2nd in the last tourney; but I felt I could've done better :)

Unfortunately, not all of the matches were uploaded (esp. against the NW players...)

In any event, would appreciate tips/comments on how I could improve. I admit there were multiple times where I missed a punish/combo opportunity.

vs. Kung Lao (Grand Finals)

vs. Scorpion

vs. Kung Lao

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
You have a good reptile. You are the only other person that I have seen use the forward grab elbow dash. My only advice is use EX acid spit every once in a while to end combos. It prevents the wake up attack and gives space for zoning. Overall your Reptile is very solid.

You have a good reptile. You are the only other person that I have seen use the forward grab elbow dash. My only advice is use EX acid spit every once in a while to end combos. It prevents the wake up attack and gives space for zoning. Overall your Reptile is very solid.
This.

I've noticed a majority of Reptile players neglect EX Acid Spit. This is a mistake, as it is a great move, and can be used in a variety of ways.

retic

Noob
thanks guys :)

kinda hard to get casuals going for MK in the Philippine scene coz ummm....it's still primarily a "MOBA dominated gaming scene" (MOBA = dota, heroes of newerth). WHen it comes to fighting games, Tekken 6 is considered "main stream" and Super SF4 AE comes in second. That, or I don't know where else MK9 or SUper SF4 are considered "main stream".

Two moves I *KEEP* forgetting to use are:

1) EH acid spit - as you pointed out, I agree that it IS an underused move. A good anti-air if timed correctly too. What would be very good situations where it could be considered good times to use this, apart from AA and a combo ender? Can it beat out other projectiles?

2) EH invisibility.

On invis (normal or EH):

it's fun and all to see the opponent get bewildered bty after that phase....I'm always at the "now what?" after a few momements.

WHat are good pressure tricks for the invis?

Thanks again :)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
thanks guys :)

kinda hard to get casuals going for MK in the Philippine scene coz ummm....it's still primarily a "MOBA dominated gaming scene" (MOBA = dota, heroes of newerth). WHen it comes to fighting games, Tekken 6 is considered "main stream" and Super SF4 AE comes in second. That, or I don't know where else MK9 or SUper SF4 are considered "main stream".

Two moves I *KEEP* forgetting to use are:

1) EH acid spit - as you pointed out, I agree that it IS an underused move. A good anti-air if timed correctly too. What would be very good situations where it could be considered good times to use this, apart from AA and a combo ender? Can it beat out other projectiles?

2) EH invisibility.

On invis (normal or EH):

it's fun and all to see the opponent get bewildered bty after that phase....I'm always at the "now what?" after a few momements.

WHat are good pressure tricks for the invis?

Thanks again :)
EX acid spit is excellent if you trade with a projectile.

Example: Lets say you are fighting Sector and he is outzoning you with rockets. If you time it correctly you can trade a rocket with an EX acid spit. Both attacks will land, but the stun from the EX acid spit will be much greater then the rocket and it will give you a huge frame advantage from it. The timing is tricky. If you do it too early you don't have much of an advantage and if you do it too late you get hit by the rocket and won't be able to get off your EX acid spit. So it is a high risk high reward stragety.

EX invisibility: ( in my opinion ) Is primarly used for 2 reasons.

#1 To hide you shadow. The invisibility is a very rare special move in that it is not really character dependent but more level dependent. Meaning that it works better on certain levels than it does others. Example: Goro's Layer is better for invisibility than Courtyard Day. So on levels where your shadow is easily seen, like Courtyoard Day, EX invivibility shines thru.

#2 To get the opponent confused and the majority of the time to get them to become the aggressor. This plays into Reptiles favor because most people try to spam projectiles to make you visable again. If you are expecting this and are prepared for it you can really punish them.