What's new

Various fighting styles / weapons returning?

This whole more movesets per character and weapon system could go very wrong or could go pretty good.
When I saw weapon in Mk4 first I was like "wtf is this shit", and it turned out that it was a comedy. And throwable objects, lol... for a minigame okay, but honestly guys...
The stance changes could be very good to eliminate those bad matchups make the game not to rely that heavily on them, but if it is not tested it could go so very wrong that the game won't worth a penny. If all the characters have all types of moves that would give so much depth to the game, even after years there would be new things to discover.
However I can go with one moveset if it is perfected so much that we don't need pocket characters, still that two stances thing can be good if NRS manages it right.

And the two X-rays would be cool, very cool. Not only becaue with time you get bored with one, but if you can chose for example between an attack type
X-ray wich gives you unbreakable damage and an X-Ray that changes your characters ability now that would be dope. For example Noob could call a shadow to fight alongside with him, opens a full new list of combos, however it would wear off with time. Or for some character it would make some moves connect wich normally won't (For example SSFIV Juri). And here we could implement the weapon system as well for some characters. Raiden Hammer Time, yes-yes. So you could use the X-ray as a panic button (like I do it right now) and as a combo tool, or you can have some advantage that will only work if you have the skill to use it, but if you can you could have a clear advantage.
That reminds me of X-factor.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Yes, with the difference that X-Factor gives you an advantage with no need of skill whatsoever (no block damage, insane chip damage from you, faster movement, regain health, etc),
this one would not do this. So it would take some actual skill to use those tools. I can go with SSFIV-s Juri again and his Feng Shui Engine, wich won't make you stronger, nor faster only gives you options for some insane combos that could not happen normally. More rewarding than the attack type special, but takes a lot of skill to use, so you actually have to learn how to and when to use it.
It could be rewarding, more rewarding than an attack type X-ray but if someone suck it just won't work out at all. We could call them SkillRays muahahha

The stance/weapon system is why no one cares for the post MK4 roster; it robbed them of their individuality.

I don't think it should return. If you want a fighting series to have legs, it needs to remain relatively consistent. Refinement the name of the game.

Espio

Kokomo
No thanks I like it as is. I'ts not a bad idea, I just don't like the idea of it, I feel MK was at its best with UMK3 style of things and the current format.

The way they did it this game was perfect, like UMK3, characters with weapons used them in combos, that's cool to me. I don't see a point in having people have two fighting styles either, one distinct and cool style. I like the fact that when I use Jade I get a character who has combos with a staff and then when I use Rain, he has a hand to hand style with a primary focus on kicks.

Justice

Noob
If they do, I'll be at that year's Evo getting my ass kicked in MvC 200 or whatever it would be by then. I'm one of the few that actually liked the 3d envoronments, but if I wanted to swap through movesets on one character, I'd play Soul Caliber 4.

Besides, it's not like there's no weapons in the game anyway. Scorpion has his spear and dual kunai, Sub Zero has his Ice Sword, Kung Lao has his hat, etc.

Keep the game the way it is and tweak it to perfection. :coffee:

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Actually, I was rethinking this and I think that different fighting stances might work again. Fuck weapons, but maybe be able to pin stance changes to certain buttons or button commands so that they can be done on the fly in the middle of combos.

RiverHB

Noob
MK9 is the best MK since the mid 90's for MANY reasons. Hopefully stance changes are serving Quan Chi his early afternoon tea in NRS's "Netherrealm". RIP.

NEVER EVER EVER EVERRRR think of bringing them back !!! guys u keep forgetting why the game had been in the Intense care unit for more than 2 years !.These were the things that killed it.As soon as they got rid of these stuff, it went back to life.

2 Xrays is acceptable 100%.And I think no body would disagree with that.:)

but plz !!! no more suicidal attempts NRS !