What's new

Vado Wins Injustice, DavS13 dethrones Dink in MK9 at Saturday Slugfest XXV!

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
A larger than usual turnout for injustice this month, which was a lot of fun and I definitely wasnt emo at all!

We started off our broadcast with Goldy(cosplaying as April O'Neil) vs Wolf. A classic battle between Killer Frost and Shazaam. All matches came down to the wire but it was Goldy's slick slides that avoided every interactable and punished accordingly that won her the set 3-0!

Second match, unfortunate for both players. Redg1e shows up late and gets no seeding as a result and has to play Nowhereman first match. Although a very close set, Redg1es roster barely took out nowheremans tough Aquaman to advance and send him to losers early. Off stream, Grifkitten crushes lucipurrs soul as Raven gets him into the second round, Emomoney sends Raysgoodliquor back to the bottle, and HeyZeus makes a not quite so triumphant return unable to squeak a win past The Great one.

In the second round, Serpent keeps Ares alive as he takes on The Great one. A week earlier Serpent had bested him in an off stream Money match, but today it would be all T4P as The Great One sends the god of war to losers. Ravens Father was not present to help Grifkitten get past Redg1e, and he doomsdays his way into semi finals. Vado was able to stop the Goldy Injustice hype train, but the cupcake hype was still going strong(they all got eaten in like 30 minutes) and EMOMONEY gave his new batgirl a try but was unable to stop the Naked Martian as Dink advances.

In semis, Vado continues his reign of terror taking out The Great one in a close hype set. Redg1e Shoulders his way through the martian and the two meet in Winners finals. Vado once again proves too strong and takes redg1e out, advancing to Grand Finals winners!

In losers, EMOMONEY shows he has stepped up his game tremendously eliminating HeyZeus, Wolf, and The great one. On the other side, Nowhereman eliminates Goldy and Serpent, but is stopped in his tracks by Dink. In an upset, EMOMONEY shows he came prepared as he decisively takes Dink out 3-1 with his aquaman and has upset the balance of the usual top 3. However he wouldnt go all the way as Redg1e was too strong and again shoulders his way through to enter Grand finals for the first time in months!

After a few mistakes, Vado switches and shows off his sinestro, somehow taking out Redg1es Aquaman and Becoming yet again, the Slugfest Champion!

Injustice Top 8

1. Vado (Green Arrow, Sinestro, Batman)
2. Redg1e (Doomsday, Green Lantern, Aquaman)
3. EMOMONEY (Aquaman, Batgirl)
4. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Martian Manhunter)
5. T4P|The Great one (Green Lantern, Bane)
5. T4P|Nowhereman (Nightwing, Aquaman, Zod)
7. Serpent (Ares)
7. Wolf (Aquaman, Shazaam)

Injustice Grand Finals:

Injustice Bracket: http://gameclucks.challonge.com/slugfest25inj

Stream Archive:

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/b/577199627
Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos/b/577227276 (Includes MK9 starts at 21:00)

Mortal Kombat 9

Still alive and Strong in the Pacific Northwest! 9 entrants this time including the return of our own streamer Slash! He said he hasnt played since EVO 2011, but loves MK and was hype to shake the dust off his smoke. Also Redg1e throws his hat in for the first time and the T4P crew looks impressive as always! Great games to all and it was great to see MK on stream again! Here are your results!

Mortal Kombat 9 Full Results

1. DavS13 (Johnny Cage, Kung Lao)
2. STB|EGP Shujinkydink (Quan Chi, Freddy, Stryker)
3. T4P Nowhereman ( Johnny Cage, Reptile)
4. Redg1e (Liu Kang)
5. T4P The Great one (Scorpion)
5. Raysgoodliquor (Ermac)
7. Goldy (Jade)
7. Grifkitten (Sheeva)
9. khAos.Slash (Smoke)

Mortal Kombat Grand Finals:

MK Bracket: http://gameclucks.challonge.com/slugfest25mk9

GGs to all and I will go back online where i belong as I prepare for Canada Cup! See you all next month!

@Goldy
@Ray'sGoodLiquor
@Nowhere Man
@The Great One
@DavS13
@Redg1e
@GrifKitten
@NWSerpent
@AK RM Blake
@slash5150

Last edited:

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
It felt like there was a lot more people than there usual for NRS. Must have been MK on stream and the Inj pot bonus.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I was happy to see enthusiasm for both injustice and mk, made for exciting viewing. Tym community needs to be watching more of these, just as high of level as other parts of the country, deserves to be in every home with every family lol.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Does/Did Vado play MK? He's always chilling around our setup but I don't recall every playing him.