What's new

Using PS3 controller on Xbox360

Hey Guys,

I was shopping around for a converter that lets me use the PS3 controller on Xbox360. There are posts in the forum about a PS2 controller for the Xbox360 but none confirming for the PS3. Hence I thought of putting this together incase someone is shopping for one.

I have tested this converter to work seemlessly on my Xbox360 with a PS3 controller. It appears to have a PS2 connecter has well but I cant confirm if its works since I dont have a PS2 controller.

I picked it up from this site and it was shipped from China and I got mine within 10 business days.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/491290465-PS2-TO-XBOX-360-CONTROLLER-CONVERTER-PRO-NEW-VER-hot-sell-for-Christmas-Gift-wholesalers.html

I ordered the same from www.modchip.ca but they shipped me the PS2 version and refused to even accept the mistake. I would recommend avoiding these guys for any of your purchases in the future.

As for the converter I have here are the steps to get it to work.

1. Turn on your Xbox360
2. Plugin the USB connecter of the converter to the 360
3. One of the lights in the 360 ring will light up confirming that a controller is connected
4. Plugin in the PS3 Controller to the other USB connecter of the converter
5. The PS3 Controller LED lights up confirming that its connected to the console

Thats all. The PS3 controller behaves exactly the same as the 360 controller from now. Note that this version doesnt require to have a wired 360 controller. Its all Plug-n-Play.

I recently got a PS3 Hitbox (which I am very impressed with) but the converter doesnt support it. It works perfectly with the original PS3 controller.

Hope this comes of use for anyone looking for converter for using the PS3 controller on the 360.

Cheers

silverdream

I would suggest contacting a reputable modder. I personally, am sick of the shitty service from Akishop and general inconsiderate attitude they showed towards their customers. Especially after hyping up a reveal than not following through, and not even releasing a public notice. I've contacted J&J SoCal modding and am having my HitBox shipped there directly and having it modded with SOCD cleaning, than shipped to Chicago. Both HitBox and J&J reside in SoCal, so the down time wouldn't be to long. Now if only HitBox would reply, so I can get the order and color preferences taking care of, I've E-mailed them last week.

J&J does excellent clean wiring, and it's really professional.

JohnGrimm

A.K.A. JohnXuandou
Both HitBox and J&J reside in SoCal, so the down time wouldn't be to long.
Just chiming in to say that Hit Box's main office and where all the boxes are built is actually in Henderson, Nevada, not SoCal. The SoCal branch is more our competitive players.

maz

Noob
I have the same converter and it works flawlessly with ps2-ps3 pads and sticks.No lag at all.It's the best money can buy.