What's new

Useless Kitana combos

I want your opinion on this combo:

1,1,2,fake out kick.

Many times the opponent can see this move coming if he or she knows the matchup well.

It can be easily uppercutted between the 2 and the fake out, and if a character doesn't have a decent uppercut, it can just be jumped out of, and Kitana is at a disadvantage.

Usually the 2~1 can be read by opponents by the slow start-up, therefore the opponent does not need to crouch and just wait to see which of the 2 combinations the Kitana player will use.

Also, if you decide to use 2~cutter, I believe it can be uppercutted through at the end of the animation.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I wouldn't say 112~cutter is completely useless. Only useless when they recognize the situation.

What I find useless which I see all the time online are Kitanas who just watch Check combo videos. Three f41~ex fans or 21~ex fans in a combo is a terrible waste of meter for a minor damage increase, especially when you see they're about to break it. Unless you're ending a round/match with an unbreakable combo, you should NEVER use more than 1 bar of meter in a combo.

Another thing I find useless is unbreakable combos that don't end a match (with the exception of getting them to low enough health where you can chip them out). This is a habit I broke a little bit ago. Making the opponent break gives you a tactical advantage. It frees up an opportunity to bust out a big combo next time, saves your own meter, and limits their opportunities for armored attacks.

Also, as said above, the only negative for cutter is when they crouch it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There's matchups like Mileena or the mirror were having a significant life lead is huge and can be worth gambling with unbreakable damage.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There's matchups like Mileena or the mirror were having a significant life lead is huge and can be worth gambling with unbreakable damage.
Considering Mileena doesn't have a hard time starting combos, I prefer to save my breaker in that matchup myself. If Kitana could get a more significant amount of damage with meter I would change my opinion. The Kitana mirror though, I would agree. I like to sit on a life lead and get the timing advantage with fans in that matchup.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Mileena can start combos and blow you up when you're trying to play the game. When Kitana has a decent lead you don't have to anymore. You can just chill and turtle up. Mileena has no comeback potential if you're turtling. It's more important to have a life lead than it is to deprive her of meter.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Considering turtling means Mileena sits back and builds meter back up with IAS, I guess you have a point there.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
On the other hand I get a lot of criticism for being too X-Ray happy, which is probably true.

I wouldn't say 112~cutter is completely useless. Only useless when they recognize the situation.

What I find useless which I see all the time online are Kitanas who just watch Check combo videos. Three f41~ex fans or 21~ex fans in a combo is a terrible waste of meter for a minor damage increase, especially when you see they're about to break it. Unless you're ending a round/match with an unbreakable combo, you should NEVER use more than 1 bar of meter in a combo.

Another thing I find useless is unbreakable combos that don't end a match (with the exception of getting them to low enough health where you can chip them out). This is a habit I broke a little bit ago. Making the opponent break gives you a tactical advantage. It frees up an opportunity to bust out a big combo next time, saves your own meter, and limits their opportunities for armored attacks.

Also, as said above, the only negative for cutter is when they crouch it.
It's really good lol. I always use it after a successful cutter (jp, 112, cutter) builds great meter and awesome chip damage.

I also like doing jp, 112 square boost and continue my zoning after that lol