What's new

*updated* NFG RANKINGS - Flawless Victory not counted, Brady moves backwards, Chris G climbs up.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Either myself, N0rdicNinja, or Blackula should have either been invited to speak in the Podcast that started all this, or inquired about what exactly Flawless Victory was intended to be instead of labeling it however they saw fit.

Myself and N0rdicNinja are preparing a statement to fully explain what Flawless Victory was intended to be.

This has nothing to do with the NFG or their ranking system, and all to do with the general confusion as to what FV was.

At the end of the day, both Power Up and Flawless Victory were solid tournaments with ridiculously good competition at both events. This was a great weekend for the MK community.

No need to start bashing either events or other events because of an unofficial rank system listing.

In other words, calm down--it's not that serious.

MaceWind

Crazy 88
Just to clear things up; does a tourney have to be an EVO qualifier to receives points from NFG? If so then this argument is pointless and I retract my earlier post. If not, then carry on your debate.

Maxter

Noob
EGP will pay so bad for this. I will destroy that copycat cyrax myself at mlg anaheim, i won't mention any names you know who you are.
The west started this war and there is not turn back, this might become Notorious B.I.G. vs Tupac all over again.
You better apologize for this insolence whoever on the west coast is responsible for this, or all of you will face the consequences.
I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
EGP will pay so bad for this. I will destroy that copycat cyrax myself at mlg anaheim, i won't mention any names you know who you are.
The west started this war and there is not turn back, this mightl become Notorious B.I.G. vs Tupac all over again.
You better apologize for this insolence whoever on the west coast is responsible for this, or all of you will face the consequences.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
The west started this war and there is not turn back, this mightl become Notorious B.I.G. vs Tupac all over again.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I wonder how many people realize this list is completely arbitrary. Maybe the fact that the list looks neat and organized and it has it's own site makes people believe it is law. It's almost identical to the online ranking leaderboards. They have no bearing on anything, they affect nothing. Only unless you let it affect you by worrying about it.

It's cool to have a list like this. Yeah, it's cool, you know... neat. But that's where it should end. The only reason some players like it is because it makes you feel like you matter in some way. The problem is when you start taking the list seriously, thinking it makes you matter in the community, you ostracize every single top player that isn't on that list.

I don't know about arbitrary when if you listened to the last Kombat Tomb podcast, Sin mentioned something about people using the NFG rankings for seeding purposes in their tournaments. Why use the NFG rankings then?

You're facts are actually opinions. How can you prove both events had great competition? I think they did, but I can't prove it. How is it a fact they should have points? What is a fact is that fv isn't an evo major; thus not included. Pu only had one player ranked in the top 10 while fv had 3, fact. You being bad is also your opinion based on your own standards. Your facts are bad...fact.
FACT: I'll say it again, SwiftTomHanks, your signature is BOSS!!! lol

Why doesn't MK have a ranking system similiar to ATP, where by ALL tournaments are recognised, but you have a chance of scoring big points at "Grand Slams" (EVO, MLG tournies) and reduced points for other tournies.

Yes, someone winning a tournie that had 100 players deserves to get more points than someone winning a tournie of 40 people, but the tournie of 40 people still deserve points as well.

Maybe a system should be set up by which the more rounds/pools there are, the more points you get.

Someone needs to make a thread on what a "fair" system would be to get some feed back and then make a second thread on whether people would like a "unofficial" TYM Ranking List (simple yes or no options). I think you could incorporate tournies from the original PU last year to now.

I do think using a system similiar to Tennis would work well for MK.

EDIT: I think tournies outside the U.S. should be included as well.
I actually was talking to Pig about this a few days ago. I specifically mentioned the ATP and WTA ranking system for tennis. I love their ranking structure.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The west started this war and there is not turn back, this might become Notorious B.I.G. vs Tupac all over again.
I noticed you started placing higher after you started using some of the tech I taught you. Its shady that you wont give me any credit for you doing better at tournaments. You're not even using that rush-down to the fullest potential either.

Sensei Krayzie has spoken.

REO

Undead
Tom Brady was the one who claimed Flawless Victory was just another monthly on the KTP podcast like EGP. It wasn't any of the west coast players. I tried to argue against it, but Tom convinced Sin (the guy who runs NFG rankings) that it was nothing more.

Way to go, bro. Thanks for all your efforts now I hope you're happy with the result you caused for the rest of us.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Tom Brady was the one who claimed Flawless Victory was just another monthly on the KTP podcast like EGP. It wasn't any of the west coast players. I tried to argue against it, but Tom convinced Sin (the guy who runs NFG rankings) that it was nothing more.

Way to go, bro. Thanks for all your efforts now I hope you're happy with the result you caused for the rest of us.
Maxter you should ask NFGRankings who it was and if it was West coast

if it was declare war

More Hype for MLG

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"

No im pretty sure tom ment that either both of them shuld be included or neither. i am in favor of both though, both had great players and a large turnout.

Maxter

Noob
I noticed you started placing higher after you started using some of the tech I taught you. Its shady that you wont give me any credit for you doing better at tournaments. You're not even using that rush-down to the fullest potential either.

Sensei Krayzie has spoken.

What techs are you talking about? the same techs you used at nec and didn't get you anywhere, out of 15 cyraxes only one made it out of pools, I called him the last cyrax, the only survivor, the most hated cyborg on this community, the one with the net and dreams, the nightmare for those trapped in that net, the one that needz it, the undisputed maxter of cyrax.
I had to kill some of my cyrax brothers myself you were lucky you didn't get in my way, people on this side of the country doesn't fall for that shitty random rush down you tried to teach me, and that random net will mean your death.

You better help me out to find who of your people were responsible for trash talking about flawless victory being a monthly and you will be spared, i don't care about the points as i stated before but i don't like the hatred and jealousy of a group of people in a community that should support each other. i heard tom brady might be involved in this, now i see why it looked suspicious he didn't go to FV and went to PU instead, he should have supported FV and his good friend Blackula but since he knew FV had top notches he thought PU will be an easier way to escalate the nfg ladder, his demons betrayed him and he didn't get anything, instead his position went down.

Are you against VSM and the MK community as a whole Tom brady?, are you conspiring against us along with the socal haters? we have always been loyal to you and everything you have done for this community, but we wont tolerate any treason, remember you carry the vsm tag on you, explain yourself what really is happening maybe i've been misinformed, lie to me and make me feel better but make sure that lie last forever or else. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... .......... ........... ............ ............. .............. ...............

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What techs are you talking about? the same techs you used at nec and didn't get you anywhere, out of 15 cyraxes only one made it, i called him the last cyrax, the only survivor, the most hated cyborg on this community, the one with the net and dreams, the nightmare for those trapped in that net, the one that needz it, the undisputed maxter of cyrax.
I had to kill some of my cyrax brothers myself you were lucky you didn't get in my way, people on on this side of the country doesn't fall for that shitty random rush down you tried to teach me, and that random net will mean your death.

You better help me out to find who of your people were responsible for trash talking about flawless victory being a monthly and you will be spared, i don't care about the points as i stated before but i don't like the hatred and jealousy of a group of people in a community that should support each other. i heard tom brady might be involved in this, now i see why it looked suspicious he didn't go to FV and went to PU instead, he should have supported FV and his good friend Blackula but since he knew FV had top notches he thought PU will be an easier way to escalate the nfg ladder, his demons betrayed him and he didn't get anything, instead his position went down.

Are you against VSM and the MK community as a whole Tom brady?, are you conspiring against us along with the socal haters? we have always been loyal to you and everything you have done for this community, but we wont tolerate any treason, remember you carry the vsm tag on you, explain yourself what really is happening maybe i've been misinformed, lie to me and make me feel better but make sure that lie last forever or else. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... .......... ........... ............ ............. .............. ...............
Cant stop laughing right now

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
What techs are you talking about? the same techs you used at nec and didn't get you anywhere, out of 15 cyraxes only one made it, i called him the last cyrax, the only survivor, the most hated cyborg on this community, the one with the net and dreams, the nightmare for those trapped in that net, the one that needz it, the undisputed maxter of cyrax.
I had to kill some of my cyrax brothers myself you were lucky you didn't get in my way, people on on this side of the country doesn't fall for that shitty random rush down you tried to teach me, and that random net will mean your death.

Uh oh Maxter is about to unleash his F3.