What's new

[UPDATED] NetherRealm Studios Balance Patch Stream Notes {patch goes "LIVE" October 1st}

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Article has been updates with stream notes concerning the INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us balance patch!

http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

To celebrate tomorrow's newest balance patch for INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us, the team at NetherRealm Studios are streaming discussion concerning the changes. These changes involve things added to the game, changes made to the game and adjustments.

Below are the notes we've gathered the from the stream. If you see anything that is incorrect (trying to type too fast!), please let us know!

nrs1.png

P2 now randomizes stage by default
Stage transitions all do same damage
Insurgency stage interactables have been nerfed with velocity
Metropolis rooftop - increased respond rate to 8-12 seconds
pause, check buttons, restart
restart online - player select or go back to menu
Auto sound ques - added sound ques to notify when you're near interactables - off by default

B3 - 50% damage increased for meter-burned B3's (combos)

Ares -
Meterburning teleport to recover instantly and more teleport mobility
23 hits 59% combo potential or higher(?) with full meter

-Superman
Superman is still strong
F2 attack - doesn't go as far as he used to. opponent collision is less than before
supsf2.jpg
Normal lasers recover slower
Super move is no longer faster than any other super move in the game
Superman's larger corner combo (used to be 70+%) is now in the 50%

-Lobo
Hook charge moves hits faster, wake up and mid attack
lobobuff.jpg
Nuclear shells load faster
Super now hits as an overhead
More range on nuclear shots - Spinky

-Bane venon he takes damage from opponent Level 1 95% Level 2 85% Level 3 70%, so Bane will only take 70% of his opponent's max combo with Level 3 venom (for example)
For example Lobo's super perferred performed on Bane without venom does 33% and 23% with level 3 venom

-Shazam
Increasing overall damage, command grabs, etc

-Batgirl
More like fixes, than changes
som eattacks would whiff, now fixed
Some attacks would miss on Zod - now fixed

-Raven
No patch changes

-Zatanna
Her teleport comes out easier
some tweaks meterburn fireball cannot be ducked
Jump attacks improved

-Batman
Bats come back a little slower
B23 on can now be blocked on whiff(?) - Nothing can punish on block

-Joker
Crowbar now unpunishable
jokerbuff.jpg
Joker's wild character power now 1 frame faster

-Black Adam
Big combos do less - normalized
banerf.jpg
Some Black Adam buffs mixed in with combos

-Catwoman
cwbuff.jpg

-Deathstroke
Trait comes out faster but does slightly less damage now
dsbuff.jpg

-Lex Luthor's projectile does more damage
Fixed probes - any time probes hit it'll knock them for a combo

-Green Arrow
gabuff.jpg
Low shot will correctly go under fireballs

-Scorpion
His damage is now a little higher

-Martian Manhunter
B13 no longer hard attack
Downward uppercut nerfed
FULL LIST of BALANCE CHANGES HERE

NOTE: The balance patch will be available at SOME POINT tomorrow. WARNING that tomorrow is expected to be a large online traffic day (due to Grand Theft Auto V's online goes "live")

Attachments

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Updated!

If I missed anything, let me know. I was testing my typing on this one. Paulo sometimes talks too fast ;)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
HOLY SHIT THE MB STINGER FOLLOWUP IS AN OVERHEAD NOW!

You have to crouch block the low, then standing block the overhead, then your at disadvantage and have to guess his followup. Mix in F2d13 high low strings with stinger and chuck in ice arrows and you are gonna be sweating son.

I think the MB B3/F3 , and pushblocking will need to come into play here.

shaowebb

Shazam grab range is pretty impressive now. I want to see how well I can teleport through stuff right into those now.

shaowebb

Bane took Lobo's 32% ish Super down to 23% in lvl 3 venom mode. Dem Venom buffs reducing them damages. Also his drop kick on MB venom uppercut STAYS OUT. Looks like it should cross folks up on the way down. Very nice...I cant wait to check its frames on block.

Also F2 WHIFS at start of match from Superman so he cannot immediately start with that move and put you on the defensive. Very subtle nerf to help folks. Just remember if he is staying out its no longer lasers you should fear...its his 2hits of armor massive dashup punch. You should be trained to jump by now though vs him full screen.

shaowebb

Can you see now the MB stinger hitting on crouching! you were too worried that colt had to make a pick of it.
And all we wanted for it to be a mid so it would connect and actually give us the block advantage frames if they kept crouching lol! Overheads? Chris G moving up the charts.

RIF

Noob
Is it just me or did Deathstroke punish Sinestro's blocked 'improved mid-hitting' B12? It looks like it's more negative than it used to be. @58:35

Anyone?

shaowebb

I wonder what having a 2 hit armored move will do for Superman's pressure and strings. He now has more than the much lol-ed super to punish with.

I missed this, and twitch does not work on ios (flash player) I have the twitch app - but for some reason it does not pull up NetherRealm when I type it in the search field - worse - I follow NRS and it does not show them in my follow que. WTF?!

I shouldn't have to be going through all this. Lol.

Does anybody have this stream on YouTube?

shaowebb

Any thoughts on the Scorpion and Joker stuff that was shown?

Im seeing salt from the Shazam players. Apparently his grab range wasn't shown and I was just being impressed by normal grab. I thought I saw him use it before they started talking though...

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
Any thoughts on the Scorpion and Joker stuff that was shown?

Im seeing salt from the Shazam players. Apparently his grab range wasn't shown and I was just being impressed by normal grab. I thought I saw him use it before they started talking though...
Dude, if your comment isn't troll, Shazam's grab had massive range. One of the guys used it when they reset training mode, and it caught the dude from that distance. It was around 34:56 if you want to check out the video again.