What's new

Understanding Input Leniency in Injustice

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I made a video to explain input leniency in Injustice. I didn't see this info posted anywhere else:

Basically:

The same input shortcuts that were in MK9 are in Injustice. Instead of "Down, Forward" you can do "Down, Down+Forward" for example. The exception to this is that in Injustice it does NOT work when canceling out of a normal.

Also in Injustice you CAN do specials from crouching using this method, however you still can't cancel into specials this way for the same reason.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I first noticed this with Green Lantern. I was trying to do his j3 into his air arrows, and sometimes it wasn't working. After testing, I realized I had to do the exact db input for it to work after the normal. Good video mr. chef.

Why is there shortcuts for 2 inputs? Down back/forward is too hard? I thought they made it easier with the 2 inputs rather than 3 like in SF qcf or qcb.. the input leniency is more annoying than it is helpful.. Specially if you play characters like Shazam or Batman.. Where you get random teleports or Anti Air Grapples that come out..

I for one wish they would take it out...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Why is there shortcuts for 2 inputs? Down back/forward is too hard? I thought that made it easier with the 2 inputs rather than 3 like in SF qcf or qcb.. the input leniency is more annoying than it is helpful.. Specially if you play characters like Shazam or Batman.. Where you get random teleports or Anti Air Grapples that come out..

Same thing happens to me with Deathstroke and getting Up Rifle instead of Spin.

It's fucking Groundhog Day.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Why is there shortcuts for 2 inputs? Down back/forward is too hard? I thought that made it easier with the 2 inputs rather than 3 like in SF qcf or qcb.. the input leniency is more annoying than it is helpful.. Specially if you play characters like Shazam or Batman.. Where you get random teleports or Anti Air Grapples that come out..

Well this can be key against projectiles, or crouching other high attacks. If you had to input DB or DF after crouching, then you`d had to let your character stand briefly as you let go of crouch and then input DB or DF. This way, holding down buffers the down input, and then at any moment you can roll back or forward plus attack to start a special move. But it won`t work after using a normal after crouching, I believe.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Actually I've been testing this with Nightwing and it has been random. Sometimes it works after canceling from a normal, sometimes it doesn't. Want to test this for me EGP Wonder_Chef?

Its also the reason why DS spam is so annoying.. Because you can hold down and back and then move the stick to down and forward and 1 or 2 and spam.. if you actually had to put in the right input DS would have to stand first and the timing would be slower...

Does anyone else wish this was the OPPOSITE? I find it annoying that I keep getting db specials from going to d/b to block if my input is anything but absolutely perfect on a square gate. Also holding d/b on a crossup reads as d/b d/f?

It seems completely backwards to me and I'm not exactly sure why it is that way.

Thanks man this explains a lot of things. This is mostly what people think is input drop bugs but in most cases it's really just strict input recognition.

If this is bugging you guys, go to Alternate Controls and it won't happen.
Yeah, the alt controls help a bit especially if you're using a pad. I'm still dropping special cancels constantly online though. It's annoying.

Another thing worth mentioning is that you can't add additional inputs or it will cancel your buffer. For example: if I have a string that is 2,2,3 and I want to cancel that into a df1 special, I can't do: 2,2,3,3 xx df1. But this seems to depend on the string. Like for example with 1,1 xx special I can just mash 1,1,1 and still be able to chain a special. At least in practice mode rofl. Online it's another story for me.