What's new

Question - Unbreakable Unbreakable Scaling Glitch?

skcuf

Noob
I was playing around in the lab with Sub Zero doing the following in the corner.

B12xxdf2, db3, b2, b2, 242. This is a 26% combo. Not good damage, but that's not what this is about.

I then experimented without using the Frozen Aura using the same combo.

B12xxdf2, b2, b2, 242. This combo does 29%. I then turned the aura on before I started the combo and had the same 29%.

It seems like the frozen aura is counting as a hit and scaling damage accordingly or something like that. This seems like a glitch to me...or is this working as intended?

Wigy

There it is...
Working as intended. Its the same for any move that allows you extend a combo without hitting them.

JC gets more damage from 121(fully charged) into a bnb in the corner than f3 skc 121 rc 121 into a bnb.

Its to balance damage, otherwise some characters could get crazy damage. Though seems silly in this circumstance as SZ's damage blows ass.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I was playing around in the lab with Sub Zero doing the following in the corner.

B12xxdf2, db3, b2, b2, 242. This is a 26% combo. Not good damage, but that's not what this is about.

I then experimented without using the Frozen Aura using the same combo.

B12xxdf2, b2, b2, 242. This combo does 29%. I then turned the aura on before I started the combo and had the same 29%.

It seems like the frozen aura is counting as a hit and scaling damage accordingly or something like that. This seems like a glitch to me...or is this working as intended?
It's a known unfair scaling inconsistency.

skcuf

Noob
Working as intended. Its the same for any move that allows you extend a combo without hitting them.

JC gets more damage from 121(fully charged) into a bnb in the corner than f3 skc 121 rc 121 into a bnb.

Its to balance damage, otherwise some characters could get crazy damage. Though seems silly in this circumstance as SZ's damage blows ass.
This doesn't happen with other characters...Putting the ice armor on doesn't "extend the combo" as you said, it's merely something done after the enemy is frozen.

If you do F1B2xxtotem with blood god you get the same damage with the following hits as you would otherwise. Using the obsidian totem is about as close of an example as you can get with this scenario. F1B2xxdb2, b14xxdf1ex, b14xxdf1 is 32%. You get the same damage with F1B2, b14xxdf1ex, b14xxdf1 except you don't have a totem at the end.

Wigy

There it is...
This doesn't happen with other characters...Putting the ice armor on doesn't "extend the combo" as you said, it's merely something done after the enemy is frozen.

If you do F1B2xxtotem with blood god you get the same damage with the following hits as you would otherwise. Using the obsidian totem is about as close of an example as you can get with this scenario. F1B2xxdb2, b14xxdf1ex, b14xxdf1 is 32%. You get the same damage with F1B2, b14xxdf1ex, b14xxdf1 except you don't have a totem at the end.
I think its cause even though you are not using it to extend the combo, its done midcombo so the way the calculations are done it still counts.

Kotal lives and dies on his totems, i think they are an exception to the rule. Not to mention he can only do it off a launching string, you can do ex aura and link just about anything or get +frames on block.

Not saying its not unfair, as this character has shit damage just trying to explain that its almost certainly intended.

Every other character with a rc has this same effect on their combos.

skcuf

Noob
I think its cause even though you are not using it to extend the combo, its done midcombo so the way the calculations are done it still counts.

Kotal lives and dies on his totems, i think they are an exception to the rule. Not to mention he can only do it off a launching string, you can do ex aura and link just about anything or get +frames on block.

Not saying its not unfair, as this character has shit damage just trying to explain that its almost certainly intended.

Every other character with a rc has this same effect on their combos.
A run cancel and this are different though :|. I tested with firing off an extra arrow in between a kung jin ancestral combo and it doesn't do the same thing. Neither does equipping a new arrow type. Both of these, the extra arrow type in particular, simulate the same type of scenario without a change in damage.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

How about we all call a spade a spade and agree that this is stupid?

Wigy

There it is...
A run cancel and this are different though :|. I tested with firing off an extra arrow in between a kung jin ancestral combo and it doesn't do the same thing. Neither does equipping a new arrow type. Both of these, the extra arrow type in particular, simulate the same type of scenario without a change in damage.
Dude its totally stupid, all im saying is nrs probably equated subzeros damage something like

If aura occurs during combo take 10% scaling.

I explained the reason in one of my other comments

Whereas kung jin load arrow gives you nothing on block and hit

Which is likely why it doesn't penalise you.

All im saying is yes this is dumb and should be changed, but i would expect this is working as stupidly intended for the reason i have outlined