What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
So far in the characters for me to do variations for, Willy Wonka and Tina Turner are winning; leaving pesto in last place. Without further ado, here are Baraka's hypothetical variations.
General Special Moves:
I decided to give him somewhat of both a Jason and a Reptile treatment.
Blade Spark: He flicks his blades to damage the opponent with a high-hitting spark. Enhance to make it a mid and for more damage.
Spinning Blades: Baraka twirls and whirls with his blades out for a hard knockdown. Enhannce it for a juggle opportunity.
Blade Charge: Baraka runs out blade first. Enhance for more damage and a hard knockdown.
Slice Flurry: He does a beautifully choreographed blade dance with the initial slice able to be aimed both high and low. He can meterburn the last slice to add two more hits. Enhance the move normally for armor and more damage.

(Bezerker)
Bererk: Baraka enrages himself. This can lead to two things: either he can ignore hits with armor for 6 seconds or he can buff his attacks by 20% for 8 seconds. Enhance this move to gain both buffs for 8 seconds with the damage buff going up to 30%.
Chop Chop: Baraka's signature close range flurry that guts the opponent. Enhance this move to add a couple more hits.

(Spasmodic)
This variation affects his normals. Every second or so, Baraka's blades jut out. So, every punch move has the potential to add 3-7% damage and to every combo. His specials will remain the same, however.
Spasm: Baraka punches arms to have the blades go out every .5 seconds. Enhance it to have it go out every .32 seconds.

(Tarkatan General)
In this variation, Baraka's blades are out halfway, permanately. Once again the special moves will be the same. However, most of his comboes will change.
Catapult: Baraka forces his blades down to quickly reach fullscreen feet first. Enhance the move for faster start-up and more damage.

Hope you guys enjoy!​

Last edited:
I would give him a variation entitled "Nomad"

Nomad is a variation that almost like Commando Kano just the commands are much easier and pressure upclose would be even better. A fast D4, Some Cancellable moves like blade rush. Blade rush being cancelled can give some good defensive or offensive options. (I know, my descriptions of these are kinda meh, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment since I felt Baraka in this game would play more closely like CMDO Kano).

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Poor Baraka...they actually made him seem kinda smart and stuff in the reboot instead of "generic jobber who can't speak".

but in the end he is still a jobber :(

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
So....if you don't think he should be in, why the hell did you go to the lengths of making an entire thread about it with detailed variations?
When I made a post about which character to do variations for, Baraka came out with more votes before Sindel came to the same conclusion. So, I did Baraka's first. I apologize, I'm more indifferent of him being in than wanting him out. I should be more concise with my wording.
Then why waste your time in something you know good and damn well you don't want to support? #TestYourMightLogic.
Please don't lump me in with the "you're hot, then you're cold, you're yes, then you're no" crowd. I'm merely doing what was asked. What fun would it be if I only did it for characters that I adore? There would be 3, max.

When I made a post about which character to do variations for, Baraka came out with more votes before Sindel came to the same conclusion. So, I did Baraka's first. I apologize, I'm more indifferent of him being in than wanting him out. I should be more concise with my wording.

Please don't lump me in with the "you're hot, then you're cold, you're yes, then you're no" crowd. I'm merely doing what was asked. What fun would it be if I only did it for characters that I adore? There would be 3, max.
I'm mad that you used a Katy Perry song to describe the wishy-washiness of this site. I didn't know you had a poll that asked about DLC, but my opinion still stands lol. :p

Radiodine

I spam so well, i get 50/51's
The veteran may have been impaled directly in the face and chest by D'vorah but that's nothing more than a flesh wound for this Tarkatan! More ideas to come.

Butcher:

I assume the Blade Spark would be enhanced to be either h/m/l and/or chargeable like pumped up Jax, Blade Chop, and General range extension- ie. Njp, sweep, standing range. More than likely it would have the most variation specific moves.

Brutal:
Second one would probably have a lunging stab that transitions into a chokeslam that results in KD or the EX version that tosses the opponent upward with a rising slash, (possible brutality), resulting as a combo extender. Another move would result in Baraka being able to Dive along the ground with blades extended to cover distance and avoid projectiles, (ex version simply does more damage with two follow up windmill slashes.

Tarkatan Instinct:

The last one would have a command grab that grabs the opponent, impales the head and torso, chomps down on the trachea of the character before kicking the opponent away. Possibly gains a stance that gives him variation specific move sets again. (I imagine him extending the blades and lowering his body slightly as he gains the ability to bound about 3/4 of the screen to tackle and KD the opponent; contracting his elbows and pectorals as he does so, slashing the opponents stomach for decent damage. (possible brutality and corner carry.) ((ex does either a HKD and more damage OR follows up the slash with a roll into a double kick, launching the opponent skyward for further damage.))

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
If they can give Reptile and Kano three different variations then they surely could give Baraka three.

Roided Nosferatu* needs to come back! Viva the Tarkata!

*Yes, I know the character's name is Graf (Count) Orlok but more people would get the reference if I referred to the film.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Two of my favorite characters in any entertainment medium combined into one.

My dick could cut diamonds right now.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
darkness of the game would suit him, the fact theres some sort of war against/in outworld im sure he could be used in story more than he has before.

be a real shame if he doesnt get it, love to see what paulo & co would do with his 3 variations

also i dunno what his tier positions in other games have to do with anything and even if they do mk gold baraka yo lol
Ha

So did you love what Paulo and Co did with him so far :p

I didn't bump this thread btw