What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

fleshmasher

i got the poison
yeah so my mains in 9 were Smoke, Sektor and Kabal. Baraka would still be my first or second choice because i find him iconic to MK and hisFatalities are always hilariously Brutal. He's also pretty much in the game already, so half the work is done already, i guess. Still want my Smoke back although i'm more than happy with how Predator turned out. Also 1up for Pinhead holy shite he'd be epic. we already have quan chi though.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I hope they take full advantage of the variation system.

Noob/Smoke would be the best way to do this. A Noob variation - very high paced with tele specials and good damaging combos, a Smoke variation that plays more slowly with a smokescreen-esque stun projectile, and a Duo variation that is Smoke but has Noob set-ups. Like Hunter with the mine but Noob's hands and head are sticking out of the ground and when the opponent lands on him, he grabs them and tele slams for pop up. Duo also has normal strings that have both of them hitting.

That's what I want.

Also Fujin, Rain, and Sindel
What would be done for their variationless form?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Baraka is dead, died during the incursion.
Rain is dead, executed by Kotal for treason.
Jade is dead, killed by Sindel, somehow by Tanya too apparently.
Mileena is NOT dead, it was a clone that got killed. She uses several of her old clones provided to her by, one of the DLC characters, I'm pretty sure we all know who it is.
Noob Saibot was a joke character, he ran his course, he's NOT coming back.
Smoke is alive, he's a Fact-ality. Not likely to be DLC though, unless...

Noob
Mileena is NOT dead, it was a clone that got killed. She uses several of her old clones provided to her by, one of the DLC characters, I'm pretty sure we all know who it is.
LOLOL this is basicly the funniest and the most uninformated post i have ever seen, very funny dude keep it up you might make it to the showlights

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Yes Baraka, his roided up Count Orlok ass should have been in this game's roster from the beginning alongside (redesigned) Tanya, Sindel, Rain and Fujin. The always forgotten Sareena could have been the token female DLC for KP1.

Hunter Predator uses his net in a fashion that Cyrax never did, and discs? Cyrax never used discs so I don't know what you're talking about there. It seems to me that they designed him deliberately to be different from the cyborgs, which is a good thing. I think that Cyrax has a lot of potential in particular with the three variation system and I've mostly always liked his design.

Tarkatans don't use claws, it's their forearm with the blade still attached, and Erron Black uses the blade completely different from Baraka. It's not like characters can't appear just because they died in story, really DLC is the whole reason for that. Characters that don't really play into the plot but still have potential to be interesting characters on the roster, but it doesn't hurt if they did appear in story.
In Mk9 and even in a few 3d MK games. Cyrax had a Buzzsaw "Disc" like projectile if EXed or a blade that grinded your face with a similar tone to Predator. Difference being one didn't leave you staggered to be comboed off of. That's what I meant by disc. As for Baraka. I can't see them legitimately making 3 variations for him unless he got a complete overhaul.

As far as people being the 2nd point of "Just cause they're dead, doesn't mean (x)". Obviously. But they treated Baraka with that straight Jobber status. I mean sure its possible & all but they really didn't make him do much to stand above any other tarkatan ever. As for Erron Black using the blade differently, sure. But if we take Erron Black, + 3 speculated variations of Baraka... there's only so many ways to use a blade. Its not like his MK9 moveset was... very imaginative either... or in any MK for that matter.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
In Mk9 and even in a few 3d MK games. Cyrax had a Buzzsaw "Disc" like projectile if EXed or a blade that grinded your face with a similar tone to Predator. Difference being one didn't leave you staggered to be comboed off of. That's what I meant by disc. As for Baraka. I can't see them legitimately making 3 variations for him unless he got a complete overhaul.

As far as people being the 2nd point of "Just cause they're dead, doesn't mean (x)". Obviously. But they treated Baraka with that straight Jobber status. I mean sure its possible & all but they really didn't make him do much to stand above any other tarkatan ever. As for Erron Black using the blade differently, sure. But if we take Erron Black, + 3 speculated variations of Baraka... there's only so many ways to use a blade. Its not like his MK9 moveset was... very imaginative either... or in any MK for that matter.
Baraka's 3 variatins for MKX...

Choppy
Stabby
Slicey

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
LOLOL this is basicly the funniest and the most uninformated post i have ever seen, very funny dude keep it up you might make it to the showlights
Let me translate it so I can actually reply.

Laughing out loudly out loudly, you think that my post is funny, and unformated? Or uninformed? Which one now?
You probably didn't like the facts. Try playing story mode and reading the comics. You'll figure it out. It might even help your English.

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand

I can see where you are coming from, and have thought about how NRS has made Baraka jobber status. They made him less than a role-playing character (he lacked personality--i don't like the voice acting done for him--and he doesn't stand out much from other Tarkatans). And of course, if they killed him off then they should at least give him a graceful exit and honor him as DLC. Make him playable one las time :(

As for having difficulty creating 3 different variations of Baraka, I Initially thought this was not possible but have changed my mind. There is great potential: there can be a variation in which Baraka uses his teeth to tear into the opponent's flesh (never in the history of MK has Baraka used his teeth...think about it), a variation where his blade spin causes the opponent to spin like Kabal's run, a variation where Baraka gets more strings and a chip damage buff or a variation where he gets command grabs and can impale the opponent.

Noob
Let me translate it so I can actually reply.

Laughing out loudly out loudly, you think that my post is funny, and unformated? Or uninformed? Which one now?
You probably didn't like the facts. Try playing story mode and reading the comics. You'll figure it out. It might even help your English.
Ah! thats rich, well lets see your facts, You base your assumption that Mileena is not Dead based on her Arcade ending but you Dismiss the same arcade ending from Jade in MK9 that leads to her just being something else hmm interesting indeed very factual since everyone knows for a fact that Arcade endings are cannon, cool, but lets move on, You call Noob Saibot a joke character, i fail to see your logic? Joke how? because his Tobias and Boons name backwards? lol plz, Noob Saibot is very much one of the most important characters in the Tornament Saga of the game, not only is he the ORIGINAL Sub Zero, But he becames one of the Main contenders to rule the Netherrealm in the Story that followed in the original timeline, Is your name Jon Snow cause you know shit about MK lore... Facts ah!

EDIT: @GAV lol bro you know me, im always with mittens LOL

Reactions: GAV
Rain died in an ending. Ending's are not canon until the next game where we see certain elements get pulled from certain endings. Again, same thing with Mileena. There's no way to know if that was actually Mileena or a clone until next game when we'll see if it's canon or not. Noob Saibot is not a joke character. His name is a play on words, yes, but his actual character is not a joke at all.

I also don't understand why you feel the need to act like a condescending child, and none of what you stated are facts besides Baraka and Jade being dead.

I mean, they have completely different properties. They're hardly the same at all, but I can see where you're coming from I suppose. I do agree about the 3 Baraka variations, but with the way NRS designs characters now I have no doubt they would be able to come up with something creative for him.

Reactions: 14K
I can see where you are coming from, and have thought about how NRS has made Baraka jobber status. They made him less than a role-playing character (he lacked personality--i don't like the voice acting done for him--and he doesn't stand out much from other Tarkatans). And of course, if they killed him off then they should at least give him a graceful exit and honor him as DLC. Make him playable one las time :(

As for having difficulty creating 3 different variations of Baraka, I Initially thought this was not possible but have changed my mind. There is great potential: there can be a variation in which Baraka uses his teeth to tear into the opponent's flesh (never in the history of MK has Baraka used his teeth...think about it), a variation where his blade spin causes the opponent to spin like Kabal's run, a variation where Baraka gets more strings and a chip damage buff or a variation where he gets command grabs and can impale the opponent.

I could see that but you might want to replace the "teeth" variation with traditional baraka... I mean after all Ravenous Mileena exists.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It really isn't all that complex...

Give him basically his MK9 build, but slowed down a little - and give new moves to his variations...

One is about stances. He gets sharpened and armor stances. Sharpened give him extra chip and gives him access to rekkas. Armor stance has no recovery and can be used to access combos, but only gives one hit of armor and it must be renewed to get it again.

Two is about mobility options. He gets an air teleport, a divekick stab, and a low profiling move like a crawl that becomes a low stab that stuns when EX'ed.

Three is about zoning. Enlarge his projectile. He gets to do his projectile in the air - and the EX version of it (ground or aerial) causes a stun. He can also chop up the ground in front of him leaving broken spikes in it that will slow opponents trying to walk over then - or deal damage over time.

Last edited:
It really isn't all that complex...

Give him basically his MK9 build, but slowed down a little - and give new moves to his variations...

One is about stances. He gets sharpened and armor stances. Sharpened give him extra chip and gives him access to rekkas. Armor stance has no recovery and can be used to access combos, but only gives one hit of armor and it must be renewed to get it again.

Two is about mobility options. He gets an air teleport, a divekick stab, and a low profiling move like a crawl that becomes a low stab that stuns when EX'ed.

Three is about zoning. Enlarge his projectile. He gets to do his projectile in the air - and the EX version of it (ground or aerial) causes a stun. He can also chop up the ground in front of him leaving broken spikes in it that will slow opponents trying to walk over then - or deal damage over time.
So.. Tanya with Caltrops