What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It's setting in on me too Spinky.

He's the one guarding the Generation X kids in the trailer.

They're going to kill him Spinky, aren't they? THEY'RE GOING TO KILL FUCKING BARAKA AND IT WON'T EVEN BE COOL!

Takeda and Cassie will probably tag team and body the fuck out of him or something.

Whatever. I don't even know anymore. I'm incapable of emotions right now.

I mean since we have Mournful Kitana and an obscure kast member returning in Tremor...

I'd really want to channel the cyborgs again but... Sektor lost his missiles to SpecOps Cassie. Hunter Predator takes over Cyrax net & disc.

...or give me Chameleon, Nitara, Darius, or Li Mei.

But if out of all the MAINSTREAM picks out there give me Sareena. I'm okay with Baraka but I think the Tarkatans are being written out of MK. Erron Black has one of their claws as a sword & D'Vorah killed BOTH of the only ones to be named. Looks bleak. . .

Baraka or his kin is my top choice for dlc. A cyborg whose variations make it a good mix of sektor and cyrax, nightwolf and Michael Myers round out my four picks for dlc. I only say Michael Myers because of my strong doubt that I'll get Pinhead but man what he could do with those chains and hooks.

I mean since we have Mournful Kitana and an obscure kast member returning in Tremor...

I'd really want to channel the cyborgs again but... Sektor lost his missiles to SpecOps Cassie. Hunter Predator takes over Cyrax net & disc.

...or give me Chameleon, Nitara, Darius, or Li Mei.

But if out of all the MAINSTREAM picks out there give me Sareena. I'm okay with Baraka but I think the Tarkatans are being written out of MK. Erron Black has one of their claws as a sword & D'Vorah killed BOTH of the only ones to be named. Looks bleak. . .
Hunter Predator uses his net in a fashion that Cyrax never did, and discs? Cyrax never used discs so I don't know what you're talking about there. It seems to me that they designed him deliberately to be different from the cyborgs, which is a good thing. I think that Cyrax has a lot of potential in particular with the three variation system and I've mostly always liked his design.

Tarkatans don't use claws, it's their forearm with the blade still attached, and Erron Black uses the blade completely different from Baraka. It's not like characters can't appear just because they died in story, really DLC is the whole reason for that. Characters that don't really play into the plot but still have potential to be interesting characters on the roster, but it doesn't hurt if they did appear in story.
who cares about baraka?! rain, skerlet, shang.... those are characters!
skerlet 4 dlc

TamedLizard

Buff George
Only reason I'd be alright with Baraka is because he deserves a better sign-off than being killed as an NPC. There's a lot of other "dead" characters I think they're preparing to focus on in MK11 (Smoke, Jade, Noob, Shang, and maybe even Shinnok's head will serve a purpose to Liu and Kitana)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Baraka won't be DLC because NRS is too lazy to animate teeth in mouth-related fatalities. It's the same reason they made Mileena's stupid mouth the way it is.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I hope they take full advantage of the variation system.

Noob/Smoke would be the best way to do this. A Noob variation - very high paced with tele specials and good damaging combos, a Smoke variation that plays more slowly with a smokescreen-esque stun projectile, and a Duo variation that is Smoke but has Noob set-ups. Like Hunter with the mine but Noob's hands and head are sticking out of the ground and when the opponent lands on him, he grabs them and tele slams for pop up. Duo also has normal strings that have both of them hitting.

That's what I want.

Also Fujin, Rain, and Sindel