What's new

UMK3 HD RMX next?

What should be next?

• Total voters

Azuro

Noob
I just cant stop thinking about how awesoe a new 2-D MK culd be, especially with the graphic power of these next-gen systems.

Imagaine all the detail, all the thins that UMK3 didnt have, graphics wise.

Imagine all the characters they could have, and NEVER run out of room and then make 8 male ninjas look the say with a pallette swap.

And on top of it, how cheap it would be to make it.
Boon doesn't have the brain capacity to see the potential in that.

Tim Static

Adminerator
You cant really blame him though. I mean, the amount of $$$ they make on those 3-D games is plain silly.

He is a smart man. Good for business. He just happens to make shitty fighting games. :(

dreemernj

Ambassador
He definately is a good business man. MK has been molded pretty heavily by marketing. Fatalities, hidden messages, hidden characters, kombat kodes, they were all added to make the series more marketable. If people need a movelist to do all the fatalities then magazines will jump at the chance to be the first to publish the move list. If people are going to pump quarters into the machine to unlock characters and find secrets with complex setups, acrcade owners will jump at the chance to have the machine.

But those things don't matter now. Video game magazines are dead. Arcades are dead. Boon knows that and is trying to find the next way market the series.

I think a remix of UMK3 could happen but it would be extremely remixed. It would be the kind of side-game we've been talking about for years. It could use the 3D graphics of a main MK game and just have UMK3 style 2D gameplay. And the marketability of it would be something like "2 games in one!."

How about let MK die because its not coming back.
yep

EDIT: Actually its kinda sad that everyone here shuns any attempt at making a new 2D fanmade MK Game, MK Project, MK Karnage... Sure they need work, but atleast its getting done. What has THIS website done at making a new 2D MK game? Nothing. Start making your own picture perfect 2D MK game or quit crying. Ed Boon just slapped his cock in all our faces by creating a VS MK. MK is DEAD. Get over it. We'll always have MK1 - MKT.

dreemernj

Ambassador
yep

EDIT: Actually its kinda sad that everyone here shuns any attempt at making a new 2D fanmade MK Game, MK Project, MK Karnage... Sure they need work, but atleast its getting done. What has THIS website done at making a new 2D MK game? Nothing. Start making your own picture perfect 2D MK game or quit crying. Ed Boon just slapped his cock in all our faces by creating a VS MK. MK is DEAD. Get over it. We'll always have MK1 - MKT.
Well there is the 2D fighting game engine beind developed here at this site O.O

It's slow going because there really aren't any good graphics to use for it and it's very hard to make your own character graphics.

Would you be interested in creating some game ready graphics for it? Or doing anything else? Or are you content to just bash the site?

Tim Static

Adminerator
He definately is a good business man. MK has been molded pretty heavily by marketing. Fatalities, hidden messages, hidden characters, kombat kodes, they were all added to make the series more marketable. If people need a movelist to do all the fatalities then magazines will jump at the chance to be the first to publish the move list. If people are going to pump quarters into the machine to unlock characters and find secrets with complex setups, acrcade owners will jump at the chance to have the machine.

But those things don't matter now. Video game magazines are dead. Arcades are dead. Boon knows that and is trying to find the next way market the series.

I think a remix of UMK3 could happen but it would be extremely remixed. It would be the kind of side-game we've been talking about for years. It could use the 3D graphics of a main MK game and just have UMK3 style 2D gameplay. And the marketability of it would be something like "2 games in one!."
GREAT post, Dreemer.

Peple should remember also, that they signed a contract with Midway to bring out a new MK game every year. 2006 had MK:A & 2007 had UMK DS. 2008 will be MKvDC and 2009? Maybe UMK3 HD remix!

Well there is the 2D fighting game engine beind developed here at this site O.O

It's slow going because there really aren't any good graphics to use for it and it's very hard to make your own character graphics.

Would you be interested in creating some game ready graphics for it? Or doing anything else? Or are you content to just bash the site?
Seriously, this selfish loser even had the audacity to scrub money from the users of this website, then comes on here with this attitude. Hence why I didnt donate.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've tried working with several MUGEN teams but none of them are truly serious with their projects. If I found one programmer who was dedicated enough we could make an amazing enough game that would be fun to play, using all that is readily available the most amount of effort would be put into the gameplay.

Darkmoon said he was grateful and owes alot of us for the money we lent him.

Darkmoon is getting at the bitter truth about MK, he's frustrated as many of us are about a MK vs DC and boon not listening and going back to the roots of the game when it was FUN. I guess Darkmoon didn't realize that dreemer had been slowly making an MK game, no one knows everything. So before you go nuts like you always do on him, and yes i know he has a reputation for being a prick/troll. Just chill out and don't take it to heart so bad, he owes this site ALOT.

Shock, It really does suck you can't find one. Just keep trying i guess, thats all.

I really appreciate that message man. I didn't even mean to sound bad against this website. I was just trying to make a point in my view that I didn't see a lot of support so we should at least try. I hadn't realized that dreamer was working on a game like you said. I'm a bipolar bastard that comes off awkward I guess sometimes. I don't know how to explain it!!

I guess I killed the thread though :(

dreemernj

Ambassador
I've tried working with several MUGEN teams but none of them are truly serious with their projects. If I found one programmer who was dedicated enough we could make an amazing enough game that would be fun to play, using all that is readily available the most amount of effort would be put into the gameplay.
And I don't want to spend a lot of time building a bunch of characters with my engine that I couldn't turn around and release to the public because they are copyrighted/owned by Midway. I'd be stealing their creations :-/

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
And I don't want to spend a lot of time building a bunch of characters with my engine that I couldn't turn around and release to the public because they are copyrighted/owned by Midway. I'd be stealing their creations :-/
Yeah it's understandable, I just figured by now at least one serious MUGEN programmer with some time on his hands would have came out of the wood work and tried to work on a serious game, it'd be the easiest and least dangerous way to do it right now. It wouldn't be perfect but it could be fun to play, then all the guys who want to make the crazy fatalities could program them for our "real" game.

marv

Noob
I'm somewhat surprised that there aren't many open source fighter engines. I've had a vague idea for a 3d, internet enabled version of mugen in my head for a while now. (I figure if you do the 3d engine right, you can can still do an umk3 2d style game just with 3d graphics).

I messed about with mugen a few years ago and have been programming for about 10+ years now, so if you want my help just PM me. I don't want any creative control, but would be happy to do anything asked of me, to a point. ;)