What's new

UMK3 and all other Midway XBLA titles removed

Tim Static

Adminerator
UMK3 and all the other Midway arcade titles have been removed from XBLA. You can no longer buy UMK3 or the other Midway games, but if you've already bought them, you can re DL them as needed.

The reason is due to "evolving rights and persmissions" aka Warner Bros now owns the rights to the games, not Midway.

No word on if they will return or not, and no far no word on MKII for PSN.

MaDWaK

Noob
im happy and sad. happy because no new shit talkers on xbl, sad for the new players who want to play but cant.

ZAQ

Noob
FatalTragedy said:
There goes my plan to get my own tag.
I'm not really sure how this works as I haven't really played around with tags too much, but if you do this, as long as it is on the same machine as you bought the game on, you can download it with another tag right?

ScheissNussen said:
I'm not really sure how this works as I haven't really played around with tags too much, but if you do this, as long as it is on the same machine as you bought the game on, you can download it with another tag right?
He won't be able to play UMK3 on his new tag. However, there's a way around it. You need two controllers. Sign in P1 with the account you downloaded UMK3 on. And P2 with your new account. Log into UMK3 on the P1. Pick up the P2 controller, and just go from there.

OJuggernaut0 said:
He won't be able to play UMK3 on his new tag. However, there's a way around it. You need two controllers. Sign in P1 with the account you downloaded UMK3 on. And P2 with your new account. Log into UMK3 on the P1. Pick up the P2 controller, and just go from there.
he will be able...when mvc2 came out my cousin was going to buy it...i asked him to let me borrow his account before he purchased it...i recovered his account and downloaded the game with his account and now i am managed to play mvc2 whenever i want....and anybody who uses my xbox...him on the other hand can only play with his account...if i were to recover my account at his xbox i wouldn't be able to play unless i do what u said have 2 controllers...i do this whenever there are new maps to a game or badass arcade games...ITS FREE!!

DEADPO0L XI said:
he will be able...when mvc2 came out my cousin was going to buy it...i asked him to let me borrow his account before he purchased it...i recovered his account and downloaded the game with his account and now i am managed to play mvc2 whenever i want....and anybody who uses my xbox...him on the other hand can only play with his account...if i were to recover my account at his xbox i wouldn't be able to play unless i do what u said have 2 controllers...i do this whenever there are new maps to a game or badass arcade games...ITS FREE!!
Yeah, that only works if you still have the same XBOX that you downloaded UMK3 on. Meaning, you haven't sent it in for RROD, or other related problems. Or you haven't gotten a new 360 with the same HDD.

S

SuGaR

Got a new DVD drive. Time to reinstall Windows Vista and get a wired controller I guess. Fuck, this shit is just retarded. Five dollar video game from 1995, lolololololol.

SuGaR said:
Got a new DVD drive. Time to reinstall Windows Vista and get a wired controller I guess. Fuck, this shit is just retarded. Five dollar video game from 1995, lolololololol.
u can use a wireless controller...u just have to buy a wireless adapter its only 20 bucks...its hard to find cuz i don't think they sell them without the controller any more...it cost 65$ if u buy both...i bought mine for 40 pretty good price i went to amazon.com

S

SuGaR

Nah, I'm going to use a PS3 controller. Shit is a lot better for MK. Plus, I finally do what I've always wanted to do, make block L1 and run R1. Gonna be able to do so many things easier that way. =D

S

SuGaR

No, I hate the 360 d-pad(like everyone else)

PS3 controller > 360 controller for fighting games. I'd love to design a PS3 controller that was the exact shape of the Microsoft 360 controller, with the same grips as the PS3 thumbsticks, but concave instead of convex and make the d-pad on the PS3 where it is on the 360.

SuGaR said:
No, I hate the 360 d-pad(like everyone else)

PS3 controller > 360 controller for fighting games. I'd love to design a PS3 controller that was the exact shape of the Microsoft 360 controller, with the same grips as the PS3 thumbsticks, but concave instead of convex and make the d-pad on the PS3 where it is on the 360.
good luck lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I hate everything about the xbox 360 pad, the shape, the d-pad, the placement of the analogs, the shoulder buttons...it's horrendous.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
I hate everything about the xbox 360 pad, the shape, the d-pad, the placement of the analogs, the shoulder buttons...it's horrendous.
I love it....aside from fighters, but fighters should be played on sticks anyways, imo

Also, imo, the Dual Shock = shit.

ZAQ

Noob
I like the buttons and the feel and weight to it.
The triggers should be bumpers. You can tell FPS took priority while they were designing it and didn't even consider fighters.
It's a Halo console

PS controllers are perfect for MK and you can even take the analogs out without messing anything up.

S

SuGaR

The PS3's thumbsticks need to be concave though. The grip on them is dope, way better than the 360 sticks. However, the fact that they're convex just makes no sense. Your thumb is now atop a domed stick, less relaxed and more likely to slip off.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I think Shaney, blk album, and Darkside are the only other people I know that love the analog. (if I remember correctly, maybe mistaKM too?)