What's new

Ultra-Slim PS3 discussion

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
For discussing the pros and cons of the new Ultra-slim model PS3 since I just got one last night and I already started to notice some minor bugs . Anyone else have one that has noticed differences in comparison to Slims and Fats?

i haven't gotten one but i will be soon. i hope it isn't a downgrade from the slim...

sony annoys me the way they milk it though -_-

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
what bugs?

does it still connect you to PSN? Thats a huge flaw...
Well i havent tested it with any game besides MK9 so far, but I have had random freezes for a second or 2 while in training mode and it seems to be the exact time I get a message or something. Aren't these new models supposed to be top of the line? I'll have to pop in SSF4 or T6 to test it fully.

Also, should/can you stand these slims on their side like the fats to keep them cooler or were they specifically made to sit flat?

AREZ God of War said:
Also, should/can you stand these slims on their side like the fats to keep them cooler or were they specifically made to sit flat?
if the vents are the same as the normal slim, then it shouldn't make a difference i think. the reason that fats did better on the side is because of the vent on the top, heat rises so it just escapes through the vent, but if it's laying flat then the top plate and other components get heated up. i'd hope that, if the new slim is supposed to be an improvement, they wouldn't revert to having to stand it up vertically for better ventilation

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
I've heard over time it gets really loud because the disc tray is sitting right on top the console, and it's only covered by the plastic so you can hear the disc spinning. Also the way the cover pops open to put a disc in looks really freaking cheap. I'm pretty satisfied with my 120gb slim.