What's new

Ultimate Counter Zoners

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
so shoot....gimme some names!!

gimme (in your opinion) the top 3 counter zoners in the game?!

#1 Raven - 5 votes
#2 Ares - 3 votes
#3 Aquaman - 3
#4 Doomsday - 2
#5 Batman - 1
#6 Black Adam -1
#7 Killer Frost - 1

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
1. Raven- Ermac grabs and teleports.
2. Aquaman- Dat Trident.
3. Doomsday- His rushdown and trait are perfect for getting in and staying in.

Edit: As a side note. I main Hawk Girl, so I would know that her trait is great for getting around zoning. Sometimes its a little too punishable though.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
her lift is not even close to being as good as ermacs. tbh, id rather compare GL to ermac.
I mostly meant the across the screen one. The grab isn't much of a counter zoning option. Its just a combo enhancer.

I also forgot about Nightwing. He is actually a pretty decent counter zoner.

Karnage

would you say GL is a counter zoner? its hard to place him in a category. seems like he can do everything fairly well.

Karnage

i need to see some Hawkgirl in action, i dont think ive even seen one played at a good level yet.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
would you say GL is a counter zoner? its hard to place him in a category. seems like he can do everything fairly well.
I personally wouldn't. His grab range is pitiful and some of his rockets disappear. His minigun is a joke if it isn't MB. I have seen some gameplay of him zoning well though. He has potential, but there are far better options. I think he is more of the rushdown type. Even if just by a bit.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Aquaman is number one for be overall. Once I can get that trident spike going I can get in on zoners rather quickly. Plus his BF2 is quick as hell.

2. Doomsday is another one that I can get in on zoners. One bad read by the opponent and one good read by me leads to a MB supernova and some great pressure that is tough to get out of. Plus his trait is amazing.

3. Batman is my final pick mainly for his trait. Using bats and then followed up by a grapple hook can get me in quickly. Plus his slide is great to go under a lot of projectiles and close the distance.

Those are my three.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Raven - One dash and you cannot try anything or else if you hit them whilst they are doing df2, you'll get knocked down furthering her getting in.

Killer Frost - Very fast projectiles and an iceberg that is opponent location-specific. I laugh at Deathstrokes who try to zone me when I pick her.

Aquaman - Ass spikes and an okay forward projectile. One ground spike and you have something to work with, imo.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Deathstroke. Ten frame guns and a 14-frame low shot is great for taking over far away. Sword Flip goes over some projectiles as well. Air guns avoid low projectiles.