What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Superheros use guns all the time. I can't see raven or lex specializing in up close combat. They're superheroes, they all have there own powers and fighting styles that make them unique so if a zoning playstyle fits them then let them be zoners.
Deathstroke was fine. If you blocked one pair of gunshots every character in the game got a safe forward dash. If you dashed incorrectly then the wuick start up on guns would catch you, but if you blocked the recovery was enough for a free dash everytime. From fullscreen if you block 2 sets of guns shots you are now in.

Plenty of superheroes have powerful ranged attacks as a part of them, eye lasers, power ring constructs, guns, etc. It makes perfect sense for zoning to be a fully fleshed out playstyle for many characters. If you dont like zoning you can pick any of the other characters that are rushdown oriented because Injustice actually has variable character archetypes. If you want an all out slugfest 24/7 then theres always MKX
I mean the general mechanics, I have no problem with some chars ala Lex being zoners (Lex was one of my favorites btw). IGAU felt slow and distant to me, thus my comment.

Don't hellsparks shut down Tanya getting in with teleports, thus making for Dragon Naginata to come in? Shinnok also has a fast enough wakeup as to not get armor broken easily by Kobu Jutsu. The matchup may be disadvantageous for Necromancer, but a 2-8 is FAR too , with a 3-7 also being doubtful.
But is that enough to combat her EX tonfas, her armor breaking, her high damage combos and her mobility? Sure hellsparks adds to the space control of Shinnoks but after that, he's left for the fishes. His low damage output is horrid in comparison to Tanya's, his mobility outside of backdash is decent, and half of his moves are slightly negative. Outside of his wakeup (which can easily be baited), he has nothing to defend himself against.

Perhaps, my match-up experiences only cloud my judgement on this match-up but this isn't an advantageous match-up in his favor.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
But is that enough to combat her EX tonfas, her armor breaking, her high damage combos and her mobility? Sure hellsparks adds to the space control of Shinnoks but after that, he's left for the fishes. His low damage output is horrid in comparison to Tanya's, his mobility outside of backdash is decent, and half of his moves are slightly negative. Outside of his wakeup (which can easily be baited), he has nothing to defend himself against.

Perhaps, my match-up experiences only cloud my judgement on this match-up but this isn't an advantageous match-up in his favor.
This sounds like a you problem not a matchup one

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky

Tanya's damage isn't extraordinary in the slightest, her damage is good not great. Shinnok can't rely on combos for high damage, that's why he has the 10% fullscreen attacks in Necro and his vortex in Boneshaper and Impostor. Back to Necro, I'm still not convinced the Tanya matchup is as bad as you say.

"After that he's left for the fishes". I assume that's referreing to Necro's fullscreen game vs Tanya, as in outside of Hell Sparks range? Teleport could indeed allow Tanya to punish Necro's fullscreen attacks on whiff, but I doubt that can be done on reaction. Tanya's own fullscreen game is ass in Dragon Naginata and not great in Kobu either.

His backdash is insanely good and MB hell sparks is an incredibly move. There's also no such thing as an easily baitable wakeup. Can't 90% of the cast's wakeups be easily baited unless they're a 50/50? The person waking up has to also think about using a wakeup.

I kinda want to see this matchup in action to be honest, this is all just theory talk. I don't play Tanya however, though I do have sort of a Necro.

This sounds like a you problem not a matchup one
You sure about that? Well, I'd like to think Necromancer does better in the long run in that match-up but realistically, it's not true. Boneshaper or Impostor? Yeah it would be my problem but not Necromancer.

Tanya's damage isn't extraordinary in the slightest, her damage is good not great. Shinnok can't rely on combos for high damage, that's why he has the 10% fullscreen attacks in Necro and his vortex in Boneshaper and Impostor. Back to Necro, I'm still not convinced the Tanya matchup is as bad as you say.

"After that he's left for the fishes". I assume that's referreing to Necro's fullscreen game vs Tanya, as in outside of Hell Sparks range? Teleport could indeed allow Tanya to punish Necro's fullscreen attacks on whiff, but I doubt that can be done on reaction. Tanya's own fullscreen game is ass in Dragon Naginata and not great in Kobu either.

His backdash is insanely good and MB hell sparks is an incredibly move. There's also no such thing as an easily baitable wakeup. Can't 90% of the cast's wakeups be easily baited unless they're a 50/50? The person waking up has to also think about using a wakeup.

I kinda want to see this matchup in action to be honest, this is all just theory talk. I don't play Tanya however, though I do have sort of a Necro.
Kobu's fullscreen zoning isn't that bad and kinda on par with the flick (sort of). If you had a Tanya, I'd versus you in it.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Traits were just a naming system. They were just special movies that were assigned to a single button instead of a quarter-forward motion.
Exactly....

Many characters in MKX have special moves that are same/similar to injustice traits. Which really makes traits look inferior to variation.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Exactly....

Many characters in MKX have special moves that are same/similar to injustice traits. Which really makes traits look inferior to variation.
Traits define Injustice, some of them were like that but some were not. For instance Bane being able to pump up venom in the middle of a command grab or after he does super but before he grabs you, Zod smackig you with trait while you are being hit by EX lasers, Sinestro or batman being able to trait shot/bat you out of the air while holding back to block, green lantern being able to cancel into trait activation from a string and then cancel trait activation into lanterns might, flash could also cancel specials into trait activation. Traits are way more unique than just some special move and they define the uniqueness of the game and creativity behind some of the characters designs.

Now, some characters like Joker or Shazam and what not could definitely use a redisgn of their traits since it didnt compliment their design much but thats fine considering it was their first try implementing them

Last edited:

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Wish list/suggestions:
- More zoom in but not that much as in MKX
- Faster walk speed and faster and wider jump arcs
- No more full screen zoning
- More proximity zoning ala SFV dhalsim or IGAU Lex
- More variety (less btaman series chars)
- Blockable Interactables but EVERYWHERE and over the top
- Less stage transitions length
- Shorter stages
- 2 or more traits per char but you can only choose one per fight.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I heard today that KP3 is being revealed at ESL Finals. Supposedly Godspeed couldn't keep a secret...

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Traits define Injustice, some of them were like that but some were not. For instance Bane being able to pump up venom in the middle of a command grab or after he does super but before he grabs you, Zod smackig you with trait while you are being hit by EX lasers, Sinestro or batman being able to trait shot/bat you out of the air while holding back to block, green lantern being able to cancel into trait activation from a string and then cancel trait activation into lanterns might, flash could also cancel specials into trait activation. Traits are way more unique than just some special move and they define the uniqueness of the game and creativity behind some of the characters designs.

Now, some characters like Joker or Shazam and what not could definitely use a redisgn of their traits since it didnt compliment their design much but thats fine considering it was their first try implementing them
Only issue I have with this is traits define injustice. Only one game was made and while I want to agree with u none of us have any idea what injustice gameplay wise defines. Maybe we get a block button?? We just don't know yet... After a few games then maybe we can say wages and traits define the game but at this point no one knows anything outside of NRS and Paulo.

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
I dont want the stamina bar, but I do want running in Injustice. I feel like the offensive game in MKX encourages auto piloting since it relied on who doesn't know their overheads and lows. Injustice was kinda that way when it came to Batgirl.

Boy o boy and people complain about 50s 50s in mkx but just wait until injustice 2 safe 50s 50s inside of more 50 50s among us. Good times.....The cycle continues.....

Status
Not open for further replies.