What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they should do is experiment with removing the stance switch input. Make supers something easy like DF+2 ATKS or something, and replace stance switch with something new. Not sure what though
This, except stance switch should be used to alter attacks in a non mb way or a double mb ay, or the new method of doing traits.

There should be three to four specials with cooldowns, including an ultimate which severely changes the game but has a massive cooldown.

Cooldowns are the best way to implement interesting mechanics while making it balanced. An example would be sub zeros damage reduction buff on ex thingy.This would be far more useful and interesting if it could be done instantaneously, but only every 15/20 seconds. But it'd be op if you could do it quickly. There are a lot of balancing issues which cause moves to suck, but cooldowns allow for op shit, but makes it less stupid because of use limitation

I think implementing traits with large cooldowns, gives casual users more interesting things to play with while also invoking more thought and management into comp play. It'd also give the game less repetition.

I have my own imaginary fighting game that revolves around this, where the characters "traits" kind of intertwine like a moba.

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
I love variations keeps me more interested. Exploring them is really fun. I've Mained liu kang since day one and just recently discovered that dualist really isnt garbage just never played correctly and really think it's a viable option. Stick to a variation and you'll find its potential and if it's really that bad then im sure it will get buffed enough to be usable

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Why not 3 Trait variations ??

Super

- damage boost (....)
- chip damage reduce (like unbreakable sub zero ex ice aura)
- meter boost (meter grow 3x fast every hit combo)

Batman

- bat weapons (normal like injustice 1)
- bat poison weapons (chip damage like noxius reptile)
- bat bombs (explosive stuff)

Flash

- stop time (like injustice 1 but really stop not slow down time)
- speed of light (0 Frames for all moves , in 3 or 5 seconds)
- Speed Force (projectile imune and 2 hit amor for 4 seconds)

Bane

- Poison (poison 1x , 2x, 3x,)
- Lucha Libre ( 3 Hit Armor , grappling moves Faster for 4 seconds )
- Antecipation (jugle combos don't work on him for 5 seconds)

3 trait variation works guys

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I don't want to see the variations anymore after this. It was an ambitious move but NRS definitely needed to tone down what they were doing after seeing the final product. Maybe once they finalize how MK is supposed to play give every character 2 versions. 3 doesn't seem to work for MK. Injustice using the BB system of LMH and Special was pretty good though. Bring back that and no unblockable interactables. Costumes for every character and make it less matchup dependent.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Hell to the Fuck No,

I don't want to have to memorize 70+ different matchups in Injustice. I was looking forward to getting MKX, but seeing that there are around 80 characters because of their variations killed it for me. I like variety of characters not the whole rinse in repeat character with a different moveset.

A good fighting game should keep around to 30, maybe 35 or 40 max, characters. I keep reading forms about people crying about the game balances and it drives me nuts. I don't even have the game yet and I notice how much people a re getting bored of it.

MKX might be a more solid fighting game than Injustice but NRS clearly has problems handling the variation system. It was a good take to the franchise and I understood that some character loyalists find them amusing (I personally don't) but it'll kill Injustice 2 in a week because of the run mechanic and lack of good zoners in MKX, considering the same trend will carry over. I don't want a game that is primary rushdown or zoning, I want a good blend.

If it does it 'incorporated' in any shape or form, please keep it simple with an upgraded trait system; the trait systems are why I liked the game as it basically defined a character's uniqueness. Upgrade the mechanics of the trait with few more useful gimmicks for frame advantage and we'll talk there. If they were to vary the trait, a character can lose its charm very quickly and easily.

(Throws top hat)

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Nope I think injustice should stay the same. I wouldnt mind seeing variations in mk11 though because you gotta remember this is the first time the variation system has been introduced to a fighting game. So ofcourse its not perfect, but in the future I can see it getting better and more balanced than Mkx

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Nahhh just keep the character power mechanic and they should be good. I really like injustice, just not make these DLC characters not have all these options. Also, eliminate tracking moves or give everybody a tracking move. And for Christ sake, no more meter less vortex....

TKB

Noob
Hell no.

Just keep the trait system, it was pretty awesome as is.

Just update the graphics and work on balance a bit more.

Please keep Batgirl the hell out of Injustice 2, or any other character like her.

And please fix Deathstroke. I know that he is easy to get past OFFLINE, but I really think there is too much of an advantage with the guns online with lag sometimes.

Include a tag team and some cool environments and I will be happy as.

Maybe they could extend the transitions so you can fight during the transition somehow, wasn't that in mk vs dc?
Lol Deathstroke really isn't all that difficult to get in on, even online. You should have fought him before he was patched near the beginning of the games life. His guns were full screen frame traps.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
They should seriously get a few players to help work on balancing, seriously.

They've done a good job on balancing with mkx I agree but that's because we all don't play the worst variation.

I don't know about variations in Injustice 2, but I'd like to see some decent guest characters instead of taking from MK. I hated Scorpion in Injustice. Why not have fun with the guest character(s) if there were some? Let's see Crimson Chin or Space Ghost or something like that.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I don't know about variations in Injustice 2, but I'd like to see some decent guest characters instead of taking from MK. I hated Scorpion in Injustice. Why not have fun with the guest character(s) if there were some? Let's see Crimson Chin or Space Ghost or something like that.
Honestly, I would've been okay with Scorpion if they just did a second skin for the character as Etrigan the Demon. It isn't a perfect fit, but it would've managed with Scorp's move set and given us a DC character with a MK skin.

OT: I like the idea of variations but I think NRS needs more practice with them. Maybe expound upon the Trait system and Clash before adding in anything wonky.

And to those of you who want Injustice 2 to be a tag game... I don't understand why on earth you would want that, but I won't badmouth or harass. I'm just curious if you play MvC. And if you don't, maybe you should try that instead of asking for Injustice 2 to be some silly, air combo extravaganza. Just curious.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Hell no.

Just keep the trait system, it was pretty awesome as is.

Just update the graphics and work on balance a bit more.

Please keep Batgirl the hell out of Injustice 2, or any other character like her.

And please fix Deathstroke. I know that he is easy to get past OFFLINE, but I really think there is too much of an advantage with the guns online with lag sometimes.

Include a tag team and some cool environments and I will be happy as.

Maybe they could extend the transitions so you can fight during the transition somehow, wasn't that in mk vs dc?
The solution to your deathstroke problem lies with NRS fixing the absolutely shitty netcode. Deathstroke was fine in injustice and even in online could easily be handled. Also, please none of the fighting in middle of transitions. MK vs DC was terrible and I'd rather not see anything resembling it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.