What's new

TYM Photo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
AREZ God of War those red and orange snakes look pretty suite. Have your snakes ever fought eachother before?
Nah, not that I kow of....they would only fight during mating season, but sometimes adding another male encourages a stubborn pair to breed that wouldn't before since they see the added male as "their chance to reproduce going out the window"
Baraka and Mileena getting it on. Oh hell yeah!
That's the female on top, Fool. lol They just lay like that cuz they're social. Some dragons are, some aren't

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Last year's clutch. All 3 were deformed from unknown variables, the one emerging survived from last August to about 2 weeks ago and it had spinal deformities but otherwise was relatively healthy. It wasn't eating (juveniles that size should eat every 5-7 days) and hadn't been able to get a shed in 3 months, so do or die, I soaked it in a mere 2 inches of water (water loosens the skin that needs to be shed) and turned away to feed another snake and in the few minutes I wasn't watching it drowned. Sad, yes, however this snake would have never made it out of the egg in the wild, so instead of it dying at 10 months old, I look at it as I gave it 10 months of life it normally never would have had. R.I.P. The other 2 died at the final stages of development , suffering horrifically deformed skulls, one had no eyes or maxillary bone, numerous spinal deformities, etc. and never even hatched.

The one on the far right is actually in the process of emerging as you can see the head poking through the membrane. Hatching took considerably longer than the previous year 70+ days rather than 50-56, so I cut "windows" in the tops of the eggs to monitor development and enable them easier access to the outside world when ready. This is very normal in breeding and it is done around hatch dates to allow them to escape the egg easier as some may drown in the amniotic fluid if they can not get out. You can actually SEE them moving during incubation, veins and yolk sack pulsating as they feed/develop and reposition themselves. It is only the outer shell that is removed....the membrane that contains the fluids is left intact and they continue to develop....they simply emerge when the yolk sack is finished. this is called "Assisted pipping"

ryublaze

Noob
What I have to do to play PS3 online here at the dorms:

Well I don't have to put the PS3 as far now that my friend gave me a longer ethernet cable but still. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.